#4 for the $20 LC set (gift from my woman) but she wanted to pick it out...

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, POST IT HERE. Numismatic related posts only.

Moderator: Daniel

Forum rules
Here's a link to how to post a topic with images in our community https://coinauctionshelp.com/welcome-to ... community/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You also agree to follow these guidelines. You must agree to these rules to be a member of this forum. NO SPAM! Spam is deleted within minutes, no spam will ever be left in our community.

1. Post a front and back image of your coin with a specific question about what you’re seeing or asking about and one coin per topic.

2. Please remove coin from the holder unless it’s US or an official mint case or unless it is graded by a grading service.

3. Images should be taken by a camera or cell phone camera, we ask that members don’t use images through a microscope screen.

4. Always start your own topic, please don’t ask about your coin or post your coin in someone else’s coin topic.

5. Do not send private messages about your coin unless an Admin ask you too and the same for sending emails through the board.

6. No spam. Do not post any links to your coin or other non-coin websites.

7. Always be respectful even if something makes you upset or you don’t agree with a member. You can always get a second opinion elsewhere. If you have an issue then politely ask an admin in an PM. PM’s are for issues, technical and personal, but not for coin questions (refer to number 5 on this list). Our community is not a soap box for complaining or drama, so please refrain from doing so here.[/size]
Mrweaseluv
Coin Wizz

#4 for the $20 LC set (gift from my woman) but she wanted to pick it out...

#1 Unread post by Mrweaseluv »

So I let her... (she can't complain I went over budget with this when she made me do it lol)
Nothing fancy a nice simple 1848. I had her look at over 100s possibilities (48 being a common date)
Narrowed it down to 4-5 coins, but she kept coming back to this one with a "not so great" picture... after examining it myself I told her "go for it, i have good luck with bad pics" so we did.... Might be a bad pic but I think i got a very nice coin for $24 maybe I could have done better being such a common date... but it's not often the woman takes interest in my coins... (I gonna pay for this later i'm sure lol)... so here she is the sellers bad pic... 1848
1848.jpg
You may soar with the eagles, but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

SensibleSal66
Coin Master

Re: #4 for the $20 LC set (gift from my woman) but she wanted to pick it out...

#2 Unread post by SensibleSal66 »

Hey weasels , so nice buy . ; ) !!
Member of CONECA
" All replies are my opinion based on experience"
Casual Collector 40+ years , 10 years Error coins ( still learning).

Earle42
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Unread post by Earle42 »

Looking forward to seeing your pic!
Common grading company shortcomings & resulting co$tly mi$take$ to collectors (using Kennedy No FG halves):
https://tinyurl.com/y7rksxu8

How much squash would a sasquatch squash if a sasquatch would squash squash?

Alanike@aol.com
Coining Around

#4 Unread post by Alanike@aol.com »

What a great year to pick...as a young kid collecting and learning I was always told to look up the world's,history,for that year.... 1848 was a hot one, rebellion, revolutions, Mex American fighting ends, gold rush starts... Very,nice choice of year in history, love the old coppers,for even still being here....

Mrweaseluv
Coin Wizz

#5 Unread post by Mrweaseluv »

1800's coppers my 1st love of collecting, large cent or indian (I don't show my indians often as i buy so few now) :D And yes very much the history of those 100years that helps keep my interest... once I hit the wall or close to it with the $20 LC set, I'm going to try a $20 indian head set (FE's included) shouldn't be too long either while I had a great month getting 4, there are only about 30 left I might find in the $20 range but the "common" dates are all pretty much filled at this point :D So when budget allows... the next set starts :D :D :D

Mrweaseluv
Coin Wizz

#6 Unread post by Mrweaseluv »

Not shabby 36hrs from shipping notice/print out of shipping label to my door :D Ok I mighta done a lil better at $24, but I'm quite happy with the coin my girl picked out for me :D
20210316_162253 (2).jpg
20210316_162302 (2).jpg

muswell65
Coin Wizz

#7 Unread post by muswell65 »

Nice find, Weasel - looks good!

Earle42
Administrator
Administrator

#8 Unread post by Earle42 »

Nice!
Common grading company shortcomings & resulting co$tly mi$take$ to collectors (using Kennedy No FG halves):
https://tinyurl.com/y7rksxu8

How much squash would a sasquatch squash if a sasquatch would squash squash?