Search found 26 matches

Return

by finalfantasy
Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:48 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NGC got Bought Out!

I'm going to be tongue and cheek here myself and say this: Will Blackstone get NGC to grade the houses that they are buying up as well?
by finalfantasy
Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:51 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PCGS no hologram

It is a rare holder as it has the mint directors signature on it. That was the true draw of buying that coin in your picture.
by finalfantasy
Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:53 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

1900 - P Morgan Dollar graded in old holder MS65

Hello CoinAuctionsHelp community,

Check out my 1900 P dollar in MS65 in what appears to be an older PCGS holder. What do you all think? Do you think it could upgrade to MS66?
by finalfantasy
Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:41 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1956 Franklin PR67 - Where's My Cameo?

Well speaking of holders and grades if you found this in Type 1 and it was in star Cameo for this year I would buy it off you for real. I have an almost complete technical set of these.
by finalfantasy
Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:07 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lincoln D 1971 ?

It looks like some sort of acidic chemical was dropped over the date corroding what was there that would say 1971. Looks like a school science project unless the big leagues of CoinHelp Community say otherwise (Daniel and Paul).
by finalfantasy
Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:06 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: US Mint backorders

I would say to wait or if it has been at least two weeks you can try to call their customer support about the backordered item. I doubt calling them though will help you determine when the order will ship as the best way to determine that is to check your order status in the USMINT portal. If it swi...
by finalfantasy
Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:08 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Morgan scratch

I figured this would happen. They won't be able to exchange the coin due to the lower mintage and will opt for a refund. It is a low mintage coin and even in a lower grade still its going to be more valuable than at release date. If it were me, I would just keep it with the box.
by finalfantasy
Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:54 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Morgan scratch

been watching videos on unboxing and a lot of the coins have been showing up popped out of their capsules and scratched, especially morgans. the mint might have a slight problem on their hands. guess we shall see what happens. So far I haven't had issues with the capsules themselves but just that f...
by finalfantasy
Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:03 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1899-S Cleaned unc or bu?

The pictures are bad but from what I see on the breast feathers it looks cleaned. This is just an opinion though others may disagree, Paul, Daniel, Earle?
by finalfantasy
Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:14 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1945 Merc Dime Micro S Grade?

Andycoff wrote: ↑Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:11 pm I am fairly certain but looking for confirmation that I found a 1945 micro S Merc Dime and I am curious about opinions on the grade as I am not experienced at grading. Thanks!
Looks XF40 or XF45 but grading is subjective and I can be incorrect.
by finalfantasy
Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:59 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1787 Nova Eboraca Colombia Excelsior Unum E Pluribus

I would get this metal tested at first and possibly get this graded as even gold replicas are worth thousands of dollars.

https://coinquest.com/cgi-bin/cq/coins.pl?coin=7749
by finalfantasy
Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:48 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Littleton Advent Calendar

Its looking like you'll barely hit $10 worth of coins out of $60. They're worse than they used to be from this metric. I bought a few coins from them ages ago and they've barely broken even and above in value just in recent years. Probably, the best purchase I ever had was from Littleton was a magaz...
by finalfantasy
Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:05 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015-S Silver Proof Roosevelt dime Missing Reverse Cameo Frosting

That is a pretty awesome looking coin. Why would it get PR 60 Details and not just a straight PR 60?
by finalfantasy
Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:23 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1954-D wheat Penny 2.1g error?

TomekD wrote: ↑Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:42 am To me it looks like a metal detector find - could I be right?
I would say the same thing and whatever elements caused the corrosion whether they be nature or non-natural also caused this coin's weight to drop due to the acidic nature of the environment it was exposed.
by finalfantasy
Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:37 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1 dollar star note

CoinPyro wrote: ↑Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:10 am

You forgot to add the website in your reply πŸ˜‚

And yeah please do post those cool finds; this side of the forum is kind of dead compared to the coin realm lol
I added it in the post above my mistake... whoops lol
by finalfantasy
Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:17 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Actual Numbered Grade Vs BU and Gem BU

I'd say BU and GEM BU are mostly slang, jargon terms that people in the coin collecting community and dealers use to describe a coin's luster. Brilliant Uncirculated means the coin might grade between MS 60 - 63 (Possibly higher if the dealer hypes it up enough). Gem Brilliant Uncirculated means the...
by finalfantasy
Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:03 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: USB From ICG

Have you plugged it into your PC? Does it have pictures of your submissions?
by finalfantasy
Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:25 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

USSID18 wrote: ↑Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:18 pm
finalfantasy wrote: ↑Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:03 pm Have you plugged it into your PC? Does it have pictures of your submissions?
Yes it does.
Nice. How big is the flash drive out of curiosity?
by finalfantasy
Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:19 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

USSID18 wrote: ↑Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:34 pm

Only 1GB
Thats sort of bummer you'd think they would have given you a 4GB at least.
by finalfantasy
Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:37 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Question: 2019-W American Eagle, Reverse reversed?

I wonder if this coin was part of the US / Canada "Pride of Two Nations" coin set:

https://www.thepatrioticmint.com/2019-p ... gJ-afD_BwE
by finalfantasy
Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:10 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 American Eagle,Wrong weight.

It was exlained to me why the reverse was rotated, it's supposively part of a set called "2019 pride of two nations." However, the coin in that set purportedly weighs 31.1 grams. While the coin I have weighs 28.8 grams. I checked my scale using a dollar bill, the bill weighs 1 gram. It wa...
by finalfantasy
Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:19 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A denarius of Augustus. The First Emperor.

Beautiful coin. I'm typically not too much into Ancients but that is one of the nicer ones.
by finalfantasy
Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:20 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Paper Currency Values Calculator

This is another helpful site as well Star Note Lookup for any currency you find that has a star on it. Some are valuable most are barely over face value. It all depends on the rarity of the note.
by finalfantasy
Wed May 24, 2023 8:31 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1996 Jackson $20 (Almost Perfectly New)

May I ask what the missing things are please? :whistle: The design is plainer compared to today?? It was even plainer years before 1996 this was when they put the fat heads on bills. Before that the bills were really plain for many years as the most artistic looking bills were from the 1800s maybe ...
by finalfantasy
Sun Aug 06, 2023 9:38 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BU 1958 D Roll Questions

If you bought these from someone on eBay or from a garage sale that knew a bit about coins or was the original hoarder of these then it might be worth looking through them for anything that stands out and might grade higher than the rest. Since it was a dealer that sold them to you then the chances ...