Jump to topic

Re: Penny Toning

Yes. I see. Nice toning .
by MLC
Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:02 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Magnifier

Its a plugable microscope. Go to Amazon and search "plugable microscope" and its $39.99. But if you go to RobFindstreasure YouTube channel he gives you a link for it and you can get it for $30
by DanB
Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:32 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Magnifier

I just wanted to add that lighting and resolution with all of these sub 100 dollar units you need to be careful. I personally have one due to health reasons and the ability to hold a loupe and coin can be difficult for roll searching for long periods of time. Unless you get the type that Daniel revi...
by Daniel
Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:09 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Silver Analyzer

You would need to check ebay for used machines.
by Earle42
Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:05 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Suggestions

I llke the link Daniel as to soon ending eBay auctions - plus it helps him out with this site. https://www.ebay.com/b/US-Coins/253/bn_1848949?rt=nc&_from=R40&_nkw=&_udlo=&_udhi=&LH_Auction=1&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&LH_NOB=1&_sabdlo=1&_sabdhi=9999&_samilow=&_...
by Earle42
Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:38 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NGC Holder

I cannot tell from the pictures, but is this flashing (extra plastic) from when the slab's plastic came out of the mold?
by Coin Mule
Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:39 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I need a more experienced set of eyes; just got a coin and the NGC isn't a newer style. On the sides, it looks like a glob of glue? The holder is tight otherwise, no cracks. Is this normal for these older ones? Hey B, the older NGC holders that I have in my registry set all look like what you have ...
by Daniel
Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:08 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I've noticed this on a many holders I've bought, seems to be normal from my experience handling thousands of slabbed coins last year.
by SensibleSal66
Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:41 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1968-1971 Britain’s First Decimal Coins

Brian , I'm sorry for what happened . I found a short Utube video on removing Ink . You may want to watch it . In the Video he uses regular water . I recommend Distilled water . I would try on a junk coin first to get the hang of it .
by Earle42
Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:07 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1968-1971 Britain’s First Decimal Coins

1. Sal- removing ink/permanent marker is much simpler than all that rubbing etc. Just put the coin in acetone for a few seconds and the permanent marker vanishes. 2. Try using acetone. The green stuff reminds me of what a coin stored in a holder with PVC plastic looks like. Acetone gets rid of it. A...
by Daniel
Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:06 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Remedy for a cold day

And you have some nice silver dollars coming as well.
by Earle42
Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:16 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

An apology

I hope this is OK here. I want to apologize to people who send me messages and I have not replied. I am not being rude. I ALWAYS forget to check my messages b/c I am not used to checking for messages on a forum platform. I have a Dr.s excuse to be stupid (have short term memory issues...besides age ...
by SensibleSal66
Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:38 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gold Question

Not necessary in my book . You have everything for a nice Sale if that's what your doing with them . ; )
by Daniel
Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:58 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gold Question

Have you checked what they're worth on PCGS in PR69, then added grading and shipping and membership fees to what these coins will cost you?
by Earle42
Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:57 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1854 Seated Half

Do not rub/scrub since scratches will result and ruin value. Try the below in the following order: 1. Soap and water - do not rub/scrub. Rinse well. PAT dry with cotton cloth (old T-shirt) No results? 2. Acetone soak - maybe 10-30 seconds. No reason to rinse it totally evaporates No results? 3. Xyle...
by Coin Mule
Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:31 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So it’s another Saturday and that means estate buys. I picked this up today and as you can see on the back, there was masking tape with the date on it...probably been there a long time. So my question this week is this: Do I leave it the way it is? Do I try and clean it? If this was your coin what ...
by Earle42
Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:56 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Oh great E, now you are going to have a bunch of people drinking Acetone then lighting up a big Doobie, and the woooosh gone in 60 seconds, oh wait, Darwin meet acetone drinker, hmmmmmm, never mind, nothing to see here 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 😂 I tried to head off the acetone toxicity debate that has occurred on...
by Daniel
Sat May 15, 2021 9:27 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Did Carson City Mint produce any 1886 Morgan Dollar?

No and if you find one it's a fake.
by Earle42
Sat May 22, 2021 8:38 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Scotch Tape

I think the damage has been done. But try soaking these in PURE acetone (Wal-Mart health and beauty Dept. $2.00 sold as fingernail polish remover) for a couple of minutes (might take less) to see if any of the residue will be removed. Acetone cannot harm the coin or its value. To soak each coin, put...
by Daniel
Sat May 29, 2021 5:28 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Global Silver Shortage??

Yeah, there's not a shortage of silver just a supply issue maybe.
by Daniel
Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:42 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Collection Buy

Cool. I'll buy your rejects lol
by Daniel
Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:41 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Need Rain

Prayers for rain.
by SensibleSal66
Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:29 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: trinary or not

I would call it One Dollar and call it a day .
by Earle42
Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:34 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Good coin loupes

You can always look on forums or review a microscope on Amazon, they're relatively inexpensive. But please, if you are new to this...skip the microscope for now. Microscopes magnify to a degree that newbies find common anomalies, mistake them for legitimate collectable errors, and end up wasting a ...
by Earle42
Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:12 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I seen this coins on ebay

As fake as the current DC "inhabitants."
by Daniel
Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:54 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PCGS or NGC

I send to PCGS, NGC and ANACS but don't ask me why, it's complicated. LOL
by JTCC
Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:09 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cherrypickers Guide

Simple issue of supply and demand, it seems.
also trying to aquire a copy for some time now.
by SensibleSal66
Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:43 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

JTCC wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:09 pm Simple issue of supply and demand, it seems.
Have you tried Kindle (amazon)? I know it's not the same but it's cheaper. ;)
by Paul
Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:29 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

JTCC wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:09 pm Simple issue of supply and demand, it seems.
👍
........ the mad rush of individuals that have been scamboozeled into the
"Millionaire Effect" has driven the price very high!
by Daniel
Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:06 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nope, not until the new one comes out, then you might get a copy cheaper.
by Paul
Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:57 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Curious about the red color of 1976 penny

They come from the mint Red; The environment, sweat, light, wear and tear etc. will give them a different color over time..brown to what you see here. The 1976 has a fair amount of copper in it-I am assuming what’s why the reverse is green from the copper and moisture. To answer your question, the ...
by Iceresistance
Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:31 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1982 d small date but weighs 2.5

The more common 82-D SD Zinc coins are 2.5 grams, the one that is rare and sought after is the copper that weighs 3.1 grams.