Search found 62 matches

Return

by monsterbug1
Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:35 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Are these New Zealand LOTR coins legit?

are these LOTR coins, which are magnetic, legitimate, or are they counterfeit/copies https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0?ui=2&ik=80f252a052&attid=0.1&permmsgid=msg-f:1688155726164080076&th=176d88b04f8d35cc&view=att&disp=safe&realattid=176d88ac899b4ac8cbd2 https://mail.google...
by monsterbug1
Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:31 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Half Cent Grade???

Daniel wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:02 pm No way to tell from your images.
what is particularly interfering from observing the condition of the coin, as I am not asking you whether it is the error
by monsterbug1
Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:11 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Are these Barber Dimes dipped/cleaned

I recently purchased some barber dimes with an uncirculated level of detail, but, after receiving them, I am concerned that they may be dipped or cleaned, as they are a little too shiny. On the other hand, they may just be in very good shape, as they have perfect detail and no wear whatsoever. Sorry...
by monsterbug1
Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:00 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Old coin With a hole drilled into it hurt it’s value?

still worth decent bit over melt; sell on ebay imo
by monsterbug1
Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:33 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is this 36 buff nickel in MS or is it a proof, or cleaned?

Since you're at ebay use their sold auction feature on the left hand side of your search result to see what they're selling for. This coin is not a proof, you really need to learn coins because you can get burned trying to snag a steal. We can't help you much with images in holders. I would also re...
by monsterbug1
Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:19 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Is this "1943 copper penny" Fake(it probably is, but I have to ask)

I was recently searching on eBay and found this coin for sale in a lot containing a few random wheat and Indian head pennies. The seller claims it is not magnetic and normal, and does not seem like an intentional scammer; I just asked for a photo of the reverse, and will attach it in the comments if...
by monsterbug1
Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:51 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1936 S Wheat Penny Error on reverse - extra wheat

I have a 1936 S Wheat penny that i am not sure what is going on with it. It has a 3rd wheat leaf struck and some extra letters struck on the reverse. If anyone could please tell me what might have happened to cause this I would greatly appreciate it. thanks in advance. Might be damage, but the extr...
by monsterbug1
Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:51 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1936 S Wheat Penny Error on reverse - extra wheat

I have a 1936 S Wheat penny that i am not sure what is going on with it. It has a 3rd wheat leaf struck and some extra letters struck on the reverse. If anyone could please tell me what might have happened to cause this I would greatly appreciate it. thanks in advance. Might be damage, but the extr...
by monsterbug1
Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:30 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1964 Jefferson.....fresh from the mint

It could be a proof- could you add more images
by monsterbug1
Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:33 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1974 aluminum penny

I would do research and compare to the images of the one that was already graded

Hope it is legit, as that is the find of a life time(as well as the grading fee of a life time, if it is legit, it will be VERY expensive to grade)
by monsterbug1
Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:35 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2-1916d mercury dimes

just my 2 cents, but it looks like they would get an environmental damage designation, as it looks like they were burned
by monsterbug1
Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:48 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Let's see your $50 "steals"

$200 in silver for $100
by monsterbug1
Thu May 27, 2021 11:18 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: So I tried to order the CC and O privy Morgans,.....

DanB wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:31 am
Paul wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 11:37 am I just checked my speed....... without, and with the VPN
Rookie numbers...need to pump a them up 😬
Rookie numbers indeed
by monsterbug1
Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:44 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Morgan Dollar PCI and Photo Grading

I think ebay complained to such an extent because they only approve of the 4 main grading companies(PCGS, NGC, ANACS, and IGC). As far as they are concerned, coins "graded" by alternative grading companies are not graded at all, and are just slabbed
by monsterbug1
Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:48 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Might have hit a jackpot on this pickup :D

it is always lovely when there is a bonus variety that was missed
by monsterbug1
Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:37 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sample Slab with "grade" of FA 00

Image- the only one I have
by monsterbug1
Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:20 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How To Get Bank Bags of Ike Dollars

I have seen some evidence, including the ebay listing linked below, that it is still possible to acquire bank bags of Ike dollars from some banks. However, I have been unable to source information as to which brand of banks can order these bags. Can anyone here shed some light on this??

Ebay link
by monsterbug1
Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:39 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Barber Ender in Bank Box

I've gone through less than 50 boxes lol

Hunted this box and the sister box, came away with 3 40's, a 64, a Benjy, a Walker, and the Barber above
by monsterbug1
Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:48 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

3 Legged Buffalo Nickel found in Bulk Bin for $1- Graded PCGS XF 40

About two months ago, I found the below 1937 D 3 legged Buffalo Nickel in a Nickel bin for $1. The dealer honored the price on the bin, and I shortly sent the coin off for grading and authentication. I just got the coin back, with a grade of XF 40, which was higher than I expected. Pictures are belo...
by monsterbug1
Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:55 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1865 Indian Head Cent - such a shame!

There may be a way to help ameliorate the corrosion, although I would NOT suggest doing so for this coin due to sentimental value if one exposes an Indian head cent in similar condition- VF or better details but with enviornmental/corrosion damage- one can expose the coin to a high-temperature, clea...
by monsterbug1
Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:28 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Post your most epic CRH/LCS finds here!

1937 D 3 Legged PCGS XF 40 from bulk bin at LCS for $1

CRH- Barber ender half- 1902+ a 90% Kennedy in the roll
by monsterbug1
Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:21 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Does the relief on this peace dollar look odd

Was scrolling eBay and found a decent lot of silver dollars for near melt. upon closer examination, one of the coins appeared to have a somewhat higher relief than the others. First, sorry about bad images, but this is the best I could get at this point. The coin on the left is the one in question, ...
by monsterbug1
Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:21 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: My type set took a big step this month..

what do you still need for the 20 dollar large cent collection
by monsterbug1
Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:35 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The eBay jungle - Today: 1917 SLQ!

literally just met Daniel Carr yesterday, so it is lovely to see people discussing his overstrikes
by monsterbug1
Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:21 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1868? Shield Nickel - The Game is on!

this reminds me of how I got my first Draped Bust Cent- 20c in a foreign bin
its a cull that is either dateless or so close to being dateless that it is effectively dateless, but it is still something I am glad to have found
by monsterbug1
Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:01 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What is your oldest coin/bill finds in the wild?

This barber half from '02

also found a flying eagle in a burnt coin lot that was in a fire in 2006; most coins in the lot were modern, but there was a decent bit of silver(expecially dimes), and a ton of wheats
by monsterbug1
Sat Dec 25, 2021 2:43 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Merry Christmas. I found this in a token bin for a buck a few months back

I found this in my LCS's token bin a few months back. seems fitting right about now. One ozt .999 fine silver. if you click on the images, the bad rotation is fixed
by monsterbug1
Sat Dec 25, 2021 2:50 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

LCS SCORE! (Almost)Complete set of teens semi key wheat cents for 10 cents a piece

I was going to my LCS to buy a gift for a relative, and learned that they had just refilled the wheat bin. and said bin contained most of the teens semi-key wheat cents, as well as some UNC RB 30's wheat cents(not pictured here because they upgraded my album). I think I plan to sell these coins, as ...