Search found 46 matches

Return

by Funky Strike
Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:55 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coin

Got this off Coinquest: Germany 2 and 5 Reichsmark Potsdam Church 1933 to 1935 Wikipedia reports 'At the start of the Third Reich in 1933 there was a ceremonial handshake between President Paul von Hindenburg and the new Chancellor Adolf Hitler on 21 March 1933 in Potsdam's Garnisonkirche (Garrison ...
by Funky Strike
Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:48 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CoinCo again)

This one is a French Coin - Five Francs - also not worth a lot - Info from same website - : France 5 Francs 1933 to 1952 This is a complicated series of coins. It runs from 1933 to 1952 with the same patterns on front and back, but several variations apply. Some coins are made out of nickel, others ...
by Funky Strike
Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:29 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Difference between Error and Variety coins -by NGC

Great article - Thanks to you guys I am learning a lot about the subtle issues / differences about coins and how / when to get excited about a find!
"Learning how to hunt!"
by Funky Strike
Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:35 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: should i submit This 1921 Peace Dollar in for grading?

Very Nice looking Peace Dollar! In my opinion - 1921 Peace Dollars can be tough - Key Date - Prices all over the place - As these guys always say - consider the cost of the coin - the cost to send it in and then what it's worth when it comes back - It's looks too beat up to be considered MS (again -...
by Funky Strike
Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:46 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1878 CC Morgan

You know the grading companies - You can send them anything - If it's ungradable they'll send it back and you eat the fees

It may come back as damaged - I'm including a couple of 1878's that sold as damaged and what they got for them - Hope this helps!
by Funky Strike
Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:35 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1916 Legit SLQ ?

Key Coin if it's real - The "6" in "1916" looks a little "off"

Including a picture of a graded one - Hope this helps
by Funky Strike
Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:58 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Here's my grading mistake

Funkmeister here! Found this one on a hunt and it was a head scratcher to me - Then I saw Daniel's video this morning: I have a 2019-W First Day of Issue American Silver Eagle that PCGS said was SP70 (Perfect) However, You can see damage on the Obverse - Can it still be "70" with those den...
by Funky Strike
Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:04 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Here's my grading mistake

I think this guy got my coin...
by Funky Strike
Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:27 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1936 Quarter - D over S or just "BS"

Thanks Paul - Would I even want to waste your time on this coin? I think this is what I struggle with on these coins - how much time / effort do you spend on a coin that may not be that special. That's why me - and many others - come here to get opinions on a coin. As the "Funkmeister" I a...
by Funky Strike
Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:10 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1893 O Morgan - Looks like a Fake to me!

Here is a side view of the Coin next to a "Real" 1895-O (Don't mind my fat fingers!)

You can see the difference - And the Fake 1893-O is rounded around the Edge as well.

Thank You again for all your help!
by Funky Strike
Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:54 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Morgan Dollar PCI and Photo Grading

You CAN list the coin on eBay in an old holder that eBay does not "recognize" - but you basically have to block out all the information on the holder. The problem with that is that you cannot mention the grade either - even in the description. So you can't say that PCI graded it and MS65 -...
by Funky Strike
Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:50 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1936 Rhode Island 66 - Weak Eye Appeal

Thank You - You all basically answered my questions - I didn't know the coins could get worse in the slabs - I thought they were air tight I agree - It is a fine / good looking coin - but I'm not 100% happy with the look Sending it in to be restored is something I never thought about - If NGC did th...
by Funky Strike
Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:40 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 W LS¢ possible DDO discovery.

Can you post a Full Picture of the Front (Obverse) and Back (Reverse) of the coin - This is what they like to see before they can give helpful advice on the coin.
by Funky Strike
Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:21 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mr. Daniel

Here is the link to his store:

https://portsmouthcoinshop.com/

Then look for these:
by Funky Strike
Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:03 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 D MS 70 KENNEDY 50C

Do you have a Picture of the Coin?
by Funky Strike
Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:13 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ted Williams Coin Collection - Do we care?

The Funkmeister here again - back from another hunt! This hunt had me near the Field of Dreams and I found a coin - several actually - labeled by NGC from the Ted Williams Collection. This one is a 1926 D Mercury Dime - The coin is not in great shape - but it's from Teddy Ballgame's estate! I though...
by Funky Strike
Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:46 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ted Williams Coin Collection - Do we care?

That's what made Ted Williams so special as an American - He served in WW2 and then was called back to Korea where he could not only hit a baseball - but he could hit a MIG too! He was Chuck Yeager's wingman in Korea! So if the shooting started - I would like to be in a foxhole with this guy - A tru...
by Funky Strike
Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:32 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Whats these fine coin professionals think

This conversation is WAY too smart for me! (But I did enjoy the "Funky" reference!)
by Funky Strike
Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:36 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Joint umbrella corporation?

For NGC - This was in Numismatic News: Blackstone (NYSE:BX) announced today, July 1, that funds managed by its Tactical Opportunities business (Blackstone) have agreed to acquire a majority stake in the Certified Collectibles Group (CCG) in a transaction valuing the company at more than $500 million...
by Funky Strike
Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:07 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Grading Companies are upset with Facebook over Counterfeit Coins

Funkmeister Here - I saw this article today in Coinweek and I thought it was interesting: Three major numismatic organizations that sent a letter to Facebook executives to complain that the social media platform “has become the predominant choice of some fraudsters” are disappointed with the lack of...
by Funky Strike
Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:43 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1940-S 5¢: "Delam" or "Struck Through"

I agree - This is an interesting example As a Young "Hunter" I do not know what this is? I do notice that the Columns of Monticello are very weak - Is the because of the interfering material filling the Die Cavity as mentioned above? How come the "E" and the "L" somehow...
by Funky Strike
Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:05 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This is where I come for the best help!

Funkmeister here again with a public service announcement: These guys know what they're talking about! They may not always have the time to go in great detail about my coin - but they always point me in the right direction! They answer a LOT of questions - I am on this board a lot and these guys ans...
by Funky Strike
Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:22 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Book 'em Danno - A Hawaii Five-O Liberty Nickel?

Funkmeister Back with another weird coin (no I don't own it)! So ever since Daniel auctioned those Redfield Collection Morgan Dollars on Stacks and Bowers - I have been on their email list Lots of expensive coins - I haven't had much luck hunting there However - This one caught my eye. It was descri...
by Funky Strike
Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:50 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1867 indian cent

I'm no Indian expert - but that MAY be a 1867 / 67 - If it is it's worth a LOT.

Including some pics from the PCGS site - and they even show that area of bumpy field in front of the Indian Face.

Hope this helps - I'll let the experts weight in

Good Like

Michael - The Funkmeister
by Funky Strike
Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:10 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Stopping Counterfeiters American Eagles

Very Interesting article - The coin had a picture of the fake Eagle and I looked it up on NGC Verify and this is what it shows:
by Funky Strike
Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:29 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Post Your Doubled Die Obverse Coins Here.........

Here's mine - Just got it back from PCGS today! I would not have this coin if it wasn't for Daniel and his videos - Earle telling us over and over again to stopping trying to learn the coin business backwards was a lightbulb moment for me! Paul patiently helping me over and over with basic questions...
by Funky Strike
Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:00 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1917 DDO

Well boys and girls! I just got it back from PCGS today! DDO VF35! I would not have this coin if it wasn't for Daniel and his videos - Earle telling us over and over again to stopping trying to learn the coin business backwards was a lightbulb moment for me! Paul patiently helping me over and over w...
by Funky Strike
Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:41 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What's an ANACS Ex-Lucky Piece Holder

Good Evening all - Funkmeister Back from another hunt! I came across this holder in the wild and was confused by it. I tried to investigate it - but no luck. Anyone know what an Ex-Lucky Piece Holder is? There didn't seem to be a premium on the coin - and I've searched and found several others. Any ...
by Funky Strike
Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:57 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Help with Identification of Hard Time Token - Franklin Observe

I really like tokens - and I'm trying to learn too - I always seem to over pay for them - but it's fun so why not! I tried to look your token up - not much out there - but Like Daniel always says - Heritage sold Auctions often has as similar item sold and you can get an idea (a nice one went for a l...
by Funky Strike
Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:47 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: German 1937 coin 2 Reichpfennig

Pretty worn coin - I had one once that didn't sell for much (less than $20) Here is the NGC price guide - They made millions of them: https://www.ngccoin.com/price-guide/world/germany-third-reich-2-reichspfennig-km-90-1936-common-date-cuid-1128965-duid-1319146 There are some graded ones on eBay: htt...
by Funky Strike
Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:10 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Funkmeister Here - No Hunting today - the bird is already in the Freezer!

Got this email from Stacks and Bowers thought it was cool with all the "Thanksgiving" Themed Coins!

Hope everyone has a safe and Happy Thanksgiving!

by Funky Strike
Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:19 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Need help with identification. Coin/token?

I had a little time to hunt after Turkey - This is what I found: The line on the Obverse is from Hamlet Act I - Scene Two - Hamlet speaking with his Friend Horatio about his father: HAMLET In my mind's eye, Horatio. HORATIO I saw him once; he was a goodly king. HAMLET He was a man, take him for all ...
by Funky Strike
Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:45 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I am Going To Shut This Forum Down If This Continues

I'm going to try to turn this into a meme to show how cool and hip I am! (do the kids still say that?)
by Funky Strike
Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:06 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Newbie!

Welcome...they told me I might someday make money too!

I love the hunt though

Enjoy it! Have Fun!

by Funky Strike
Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:28 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Peace Dollar (P) High Relief????

So then is NGC wrong in saying they ARE high relief? 2021 Morgan and Peace Dollars To re-create these designs for the 2021 coins, the Mint used historic assets such as coins, dies, and high resolution images to capture the artists’ original intent. However, the 2021 Peace Dollar isn’t struck in high...
by Funky Strike
Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:52 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Can someone help me identify this vam on a 1921 Morgan

Can You post Full Pictures of the Front (Obverse) and Back (Reverse) of the Coin - There may be signs on the rest of the coin that helps us figure it out. Also any way to take it out of whatever holder it looks like it's in? Did you check VAM World?: http://ec2-13-58-222-16.us-east-2.compute.amazona...