Search found 274 matches

Return

by Paul
Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:23 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

ALMOST THERE .... 50,000 On-Line Internet Auction Coin

This is why George hates microscopes .......
by Daniel
Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:36 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How To Post Images, Questions & Make a Meaningful Title In This Community

When you're posting in this forum remember these things: Start your own topic, so please don't post your coin or question in another person's topic. Remove your coin from the holder. Post ONLY one coin per topic, we don't need comparison images. Crop your image and take as clear of an image as poss...
by Coin Mule
Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:40 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ALMOST THERE .... 50,000

Its just never going to stop. I do video after video and can't reach enough people. Hey D, it's not that you can't reach people it's that people will not allow themselves to be reached. They know for a fact that you are coming between them and success beyond their wildest dreams, they also know tha...
by Coin Mule
Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:57 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Errors .. or after market add ons?

Hey J since a picture says a thousand words. They all got ran over by this

or what Sal said. Also, one coin per thread please
by SensibleSal66
Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:37 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1999-D Roosevelt Doubled rim?

Like they say , " No Photo's or it doesn't exist " Seriously , we will help you but you need to at least provide us with at least a pic. in focus . I will to try to fix it with an editing program. Don't worry , just give it a try .
by Paul
Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:26 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1999-D Roosevelt Doubled rim?

This appears to be a "Collar Clash" in this image
by Earle42
Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:28 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Canada pennies verses U.S. pennies

Its just a testament to how big mintages in millions really are. There are that many left here in circulation. Also, we don;\'t melt them down, so as long as they are not spent north of the border, they will remain here.
by Mrweaseluv
Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:57 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is this "1943 copper penny" Fake(it probably is, but I have to ask)

Honestly, let's face it... NOBODY with even the slightest knowledge of coins would sell a 1943 copper cent.. we not talking an unknown rarity here, but the most searched for rarity of them all with the greatest number of people "in the know" about it's value. IT"S a FAKE and the selle...
by Daniel
Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:59 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Blue Ridge parkway Quarter DDR

PCGS nor NGC will do that, they do NOT attribute unknown varieties like that. You need a CONECA attributer with a name in the business to label a discovery coin.
It would also cost them $50 to $75 and most modern doubled dies are not worth that.
by Paul
Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:50 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1967SMS Jefferson Nickel ?

Keep in mind, that "Die Doubling" across the modern Jefferson Nickel series, can be very very very minor. Sometimes I wonder why they even list them. I would need to inspect this personally to give you an attribution here....... and remember that the "Premium" would be minimal a...
by Paul
Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:53 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2002 penny "In God We Trust" error. What's this type of error called?

This is not an Error.

This motto impression was from a alternate Lincoln Cent, pressed into the rim of this cent.
by CURTIS69LINCOLN
Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:53 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1967SMS Jefferson Nickel ?

Well I had a 1967 mint sent and this was the one that was in it all the other coins looked fine
by Paul
Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:08 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2 dollar state bill. Found an Oklahoma with very light over print anyone know any thing about these bills

If you are planning on taking a cruise… Bring a big stack of these along with you! As most cruise packages include items that you will purchase on the ship, "Tipping" is a common practice. If you hand them a $2 bill, they will never forget you!....... as they usually receive a $1 tip, you...
by Earle42
Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:01 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2002 penny "In God We Trust" error. What's this type of error called?

This is not an Error. This motto impression was from a alternate Lincoln Cent, pressed into the rim of this cent. Even though it's very weird to see a Lincoln cent have that feature . . . Not if you own a bench vice its not. This happens a lot and many are posted on forums trying to find out what t...
by Daniel
Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:18 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1945 P Struck On A Damaged Planchet

My personal opinion is this coin had a delamination before it was struck, and the strike "smoothed" out the grainy surfaces delaminations are known for, then circulation did the rest.
by DanB
Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:39 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1968 no mint penny

All cents without a mintmark (Except in 2017) are made in Philadelphia True but the US Mint posted this today.... What? Why does the 2019-W Reverse Proof show that mintmark? Maybe to prevent collectors from hunting down the other 'W' Pennies from circulation? The W mint marks on cents and nickels t...
by MLC
Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:58 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: not sure bout this 1983 D mint dime

Looks like it might be slightly broadstruck
Worth 10 cents
by Nuthatch76
Mon May 10, 2021 12:54 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1893 S Barber Quarter- NGC Details

Please click on link to see photos from NGC
by Nuthatch76
Mon May 10, 2021 12:56 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1909 S VDB -Is it real?

"I can't tell, can you take a closer look?" Please click on link in original post to see close up photos. The screen shot in the latter post is to show the sellers response to me asking him to take it down on the basis of the coin being counterfeit.
by muswell65
Tue May 18, 2021 8:46 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Not coin related but forum related...

As MLC said, it changes based on your post count. I believe first change level is 50, then 100. Not sure after that. Just keep posting, and you'll find out ;)
by Daniel
Wed May 19, 2021 10:35 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Not coin related but forum related...

It's a rank, and it changes with your post count. I made them up myself.
by Earle42
Sat May 22, 2021 8:38 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Scotch Tape

I think the damage has been done. But try soaking these in PURE acetone (Wal-Mart health and beauty Dept. $2.00 sold as fingernail polish remover) for a couple of minutes (might take less) to see if any of the residue will be removed. Acetone cannot harm the coin or its value. To soak each coin, put...
by Paul
Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:35 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Eye Fatigue

Remember:

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill"
quoted by Pauly-Lama
by Earle42
Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:15 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: UK coin proof like silver 1918

The British mint is the authority on what coins they have made. Proof sets were issued, back then, normally only for years of a design change. The year 1918 was between design changes. No proofs were made. They would know. Therefore, we have to look elsewhere for a logical explanation... Here is how...
by monsterbug1
Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:21 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: My type set took a big step this month..

what do you still need for the 20 dollar large cent collection
by DSCoins
Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:32 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1955 DDO Fake?

The only thing you can do with this coin is to send it in to TPG to have authenticated.
by stevesherrill
Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:48 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is the 2019 Guam W mint mark ( West Point ) worth keeping?

thank tou guys i got some off ebay hope you find one iceresistance
by Earle42
Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:55 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1971 S Non-proof dime

You're correct Earle I am just not thinking and not sure why I got this all confused here. Thanks! What??? YOU are a human being also??? And here I had you on a pedestal above the unquestionably-above-us-peons-never-wrong-and-ultra-correct-at-all-times-b/c-the-slab's-label-says-says-so group of &qu...
by Daniel
Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:43 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: about w mint and s mint

Neither, you need to buy a 2022 Red Book price guide to find out what is low mintage and rare.
by Funky Strike
Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:07 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Grading Companies are upset with Facebook over Counterfeit Coins

Funkmeister Here - I saw this article today in Coinweek and I thought it was interesting: Three major numismatic organizations that sent a letter to Facebook executives to complain that the social media platform “has become the predominant choice of some fraudsters” are disappointed with the lack of...
by Daniel
Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:55 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grading Companies are upset with Facebook over Counterfeit Coins

I did a video on this one. Very serious if you ask me.

Facebook Ignores NGC PNG ACEF Letters On Counterfeit Coin Ads
by SensibleSal66
Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:15 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grading Companies are upset with Facebook over Counterfeit Coins

That's why I don't do , what's it called ? Facecrook ?
by Daniel
Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:20 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1963 Jefferson Nickel Proof?

I do not see a proof coin, proof coins are struck better and have full steps and much more reflectivity unless they're toned. As if, and even if this was an impaired proof, it has been circulated and as such would not have more value than a regular nickel you spend.
by Triple C
Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:23 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1968 D Kennedy could this be a PL coin?

Here is a PCGS article on Proof and Proof-like coins:
https://www.pcgs.com/news/differences-b ... like-coins
It indicates that proof-like coins result from brilliant planchets struck from newly polished dies.