Search found 272 matches

Return

by UrbanDecay04
Tue May 18, 2021 4:24 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Anyone else ready for the 2021 Peace Dollar?

I'm hoping to get the 2021 Peace Dollar as soon as it's available for pre-sale! Are you guys ready for it yet?
by silverbul
Tue May 18, 2021 7:13 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Anyone else ready for the 2021 Peace Dollar?

already paid a guy on ebay for pre order to get one in march 2022. suckers. lol
by muswell65
Tue May 18, 2021 8:46 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Not coin related but forum related...

As MLC said, it changes based on your post count. I believe first change level is 50, then 100. Not sure after that. Just keep posting, and you'll find out ;)
by Busterkman
Wed May 19, 2021 3:59 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Howdy, this is Buster the coin collector

I really do go by Buster. Use to collect coins when younger. Collected stamps, hot wheels, sports cards and figures, etc... Now I'm back to coins, where I should of been, a long time ago! Everybody likes finding that needle in a hay stack, so me and the wife are all off into finding errors, and such...
by Paul
Wed May 19, 2021 6:10 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mint rim error?

This is not an error.
These partial letters have been impressed post mint
by Paul
Wed May 19, 2021 7:21 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: what kind of coin is this

I found one that sold for $1
by typeviic
Thu May 20, 2021 7:37 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Attention CAC submitters

CAC will not, I repeat, WILL NOT! consider any NGC/PCGS graded Paramount-Redfield holdered Morgan or Peace dollars. I recently got back a CAC submission, which included 2 NGC graded Redfield silver dollars that were in the original Paramount holders from the late 1970's. The dreaded "N/A" ...
by Paul
Thu May 20, 2021 9:45 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What is your favorite USB microscope and why

I would recommend not buying a USB scope at all
by Paul
Thu May 20, 2021 4:32 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TOUGH CALL ON STRIKE THROUGH

I don't know why people don't search out the answers prior to asking questions, and then leave smartass remarks.... Wait a second, I remember. This coin was hammered twice from the obverse with ?, Leaving the indent on the obverse that you see..... And underneath this coin was another Lincoln Cent ...
by Earle42
Thu May 20, 2021 4:40 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Welcome. As to the backwards lettering., note how it is sunken onto the surface instead of raised? Another penny was in contact with the one that was damaged when it took its hit. The BERTY was impressed from one onto the other - which is why it is backwards. Lol...To be fair, no one can really know...
by Paul
Thu May 20, 2021 4:54 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

"Common Sense",........ C'mon Man!
by claudewill1
Thu May 20, 2021 10:00 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What is your favorite USB microscope and why

The main reason I would be interested in a microscope is so I could see coins at 5,10,15x on my screen, I have a medical issue with my eyes where if I just spend a few minutes with a loupe, I can't read or see much of anything else for hours. I do need to get back to the eye doctor. I noticed when I...
by stevesherrill
Fri May 21, 2021 11:59 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1963 d mint dime

thank you mr dscoins and mister mr triple i tried to study this chart but dont under stand it maybe i pickedd the wrong hobby to try to get in to
by DanB
Fri May 21, 2021 12:11 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1963 d mint dime

thank you mr dscoins and mister mr triple i tried to study this chart but dont under stand it maybe i pickedd the wrong hobby to try to get in to I’m on phone using the PCGS coinfacts but the regular computer is similar. I have taken screen shots and circled in green how to get to your 1963-D coin....
by Earle42
Fri May 21, 2021 1:48 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Very usual penny

I agree with everything Triple C said. Especially in offering condolences.

doubleddie.com, varietyvista.com, err-ref.com, CONECA. All are places to learn what the actual errors look like to learn what you have/are looking for. :)
by Earle42
Fri May 21, 2021 2:13 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1956 OBV Question

@Kaybur I respectfully disagree. Die chips are very well documented, known, common, and understood in the coin hobby. To help people coming to the forum, it is best, myself included , to make dead sure we know what we are talking about from personal experience/research before making a post. People w...
by Gam3rBlake
Sat May 22, 2021 8:42 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ancient Roman denarius of Hadrian

I managed to pick up this beautiful denarius of Emperor Hadrian last week and at a good price too. :) The writing around the edge of the obverse says: “IMP CAESAR TRAIAN HADRIANUS AUG” I love the toning on it! Especially the reverse. Hopefully I can pick up denarii of Trajan, Marcus Aurelius and Ant...
by Burrheadcountry
Sun May 23, 2021 12:52 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

They are out there "1954 D" Silver

I received this 1954 D Roosevelt Dime on Friday 05/21/2021 as change from a Jack in the box here in Washington. A couple of weeks before I got a wheat cent from the same store. Someone is paying for lunch with oldies. Keep searching.
by Mandi
Fri May 28, 2021 12:48 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hi

Hello everyone I'm Mandi. When my son was little liked collecting coins, but he's since grew up and moved away and I reckon he left me with the bug. I find myself going through all our change looking for old coins. I don't really know to much about coins, but I know I find it fun and interesting.
by CaptJohn2
Sun May 30, 2021 4:41 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

WWII item on Memorial Day

Found my dad's short snorter in an old family bible. He was in the 8th Air Force in WWII. The 8th lost more men in WWII than the entire Marine Corps so I am lucky he made it back home safe. I wonder how many of the signers weren't as lucky. Remembering them on Memorial Day.
Short Snorter.jpg
by claudewill1
Mon May 31, 2021 4:23 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

1956-D/D FS-501

I came across this a few minutes ago going through some wheat cents. This will make the 3rd example I've found. Verified using varietyvista.com, coppercoins.com, and doubleddie.com.

Thanks
20210531_031853.jpg
20210531_031909.jpg
20210531_031931.jpg
by Paul
Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:08 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1956 LWC PF68 - Is this a DDR or machine doubling?

Keep in mind that the "Known Proof Double Dies" for this Date and Mintmark, show only a very minute minor doubling.... .................. unless you are highly experienced in close-up imagery, you most likely will not be able to detect them, much less photograph them. Confirming the attri...
by Paul
Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:09 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1985 D Quarter Leaf

Rextex wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 2:21 pm Hi! Thank You for taking your time to answer my question about an 1985 D Double Leaf Thank You
Welcome

We need images please
by Earle42
Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:22 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1970 S large and small date

Sorry to hear about the health issues.
I agree with Triple C - just the S
by THECAT64
Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:25 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Anyone seen 1 of these before?

Thank you very much, hopefully now that I have a starting point I will be able to get more information on it.

Will update you all on it when I gather more on it.
by SensibleSal66
Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:44 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crazy find today while vacuuming the floor!

Nice Find ! Maybe you need to clean more often . LOL
by Earle42
Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:41 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Anyone know what this might be?

Not to be a kill joy, but keep in mind that there have been many of these made and sold as souvenirs for a long time. Is is difficult to tell in the photograph, but a porous looking surface is typical of cast copies. So compare yours with pictures of verified slabbed items and also pictures of copies.
by Earle42
Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:38 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mint damage??

@silverbul, Please take this as a friendly note that will help everyone. 😊 A lot of people come here asking for guidance. They do not know anyone here. They are looking for answers where someone can provide experience, reasoning and guidance behind posted replies. This is why I asked you to let us k...
by Montana_Ken63
Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:10 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hi everyone from Montana

Hey All, my name is Ken, and I'm living in the great state of Montana. Started collecting and stacking just recently. I like Morgan and Peace dollars as well as JFK half dollars, but really I like all silver coins. My new hobby goes well with my old hobby of gold mining, its the only way I can get g...
by PATRICKv
Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:48 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

name rank and serial number

hi everybody, i have only been collecting since the start of 2020, so far my most prized coin is 77 kennedy half dollar with a "crack" on the presidents face from the "B' on liberty down his face to the second "7" and machine doubled on one half of the reverse in line with t...
by Earle42
Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:36 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1909-s indian head, maybe

Good idea. They will likely be able to tell. Someone who has seen and studied fakes can catch a good majority of them.

Another way to tell is to do an analysis of known mint mark positions, and also an overlay onto a good picture of yours. Most fakes will fail an overlay test.
by DSCoins
Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:29 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

coin help U and Coin World

D, I just made that comment................. because I see so many coins from here, that are NOT varieties, even after you tell them ............ turn up on eBay as "Errors" Over the time I have been on this forum I have noticed something which I really find amusing. Although the above qu...
by DSCoins
Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:35 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1953-D Over S Washington Quarter ?

OK I am totally confused. The original post was about a D/S and the photos at the beginning of the post are not the same as the latest photos. Are we talking about two different coins in the same topic?
by stevesherrill
Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:21 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: am i right or wrong

thank you Triple C
by THECAT64
Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:57 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Anyone seen 1 of these before?

Hi again Just a update on some more information that I have come across, It seem to be what is called a "Hop Pickers Token". Hop Pickers Token. The cultivation of hops was a popular industry and it employed labour for almost all the year. At the peak of the picking season many thousands of...
by stevesherrill
Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:48 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: cool or not

thank you guys i found a little stuff on it i just thought it cool to to be that old
by COINADICT
Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:01 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mint bags of LMC 74D, 79D and 76D keep or sell?

Thanks all! I have done some research on errors and varieties. I reviewed coppercoins, wexler and variety vista. There are not a ton of errors and varieties. I have also looked on Ebay for what is selling. It looks like I could squeeze at least $175-200 out of each bag... 120% profit. I think I am g...
by Earle42
Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:15 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Can anyone loan me $44,300?

i feel sheepish.jpg
by Earle42
Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:46 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Isabella Quarter! Arrived whizzed! Value?

1. Dipping it in PURE acetone (read the label) and letting it sit a few seconds would get rid of the PVC residue. The acetone does not have the chemical ability to alter or disturb the metal in any way so all you would be doing is conserving the coin. 2. You said: Should I have it slabbed anyway wit...
by Earle42
Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:56 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Methodology

Quick question for clarification. Would it be advantageous to send 10-15 coins to Wexler or others for their fee then pay to have a official grading.? Apple and oranges. Grading companies grade coins. That is their main function. In fact they do not have a good record for labeling varieties correct...