Search found 218 matches

Return

by SensibleSal66
Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:53 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is this a “1988 Double Ear Variety” or “Machine Doubling?? Please Help!!

Close but NO cigar ! What I think that your seeing is the Lobe . See how on the example it starts half way up the ear and comes down and around and back up again . Here's another example of a 1988 Double Ear AND some others >>>>
by Paul
Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:52 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Welcome

I am unable to determine any variety with the images posted
by DSCoins
Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:31 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

One coin per topic. You need to start a new topic for each coin.
by Earle42
Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:18 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What's the chances this is real?

I am sorry, but at present the best I can say is yes, this is a real picture. Please put yourself into my shoes to try to understand. I open a post from the forum entitled, "What's the chances this is real?" I see a picture of a screen showing a 4 on some coin. That is everything I am give...
by SensibleSal66
Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:14 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1991 Lincoln Cent Obverse Collar Die Clash?

Hello and Welcome . It looks like MAD coin( Misaligned Die Error ). Cool but Common.
BTW . Mines on the 14th . LOL
by DSCoins
Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:31 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Roosevelt Dime 1995P Obverse Mint Strike Error

This is Post Mint Damage, The coin has what appears to be a clear foreign surface on the coin.
by SensibleSal66
Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:34 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not a striking Error , How it happened is anyone's guess . Please review the many types of errors here---http://www.error-ref.com/
by Paul
Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:47 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This coin was glued to another coin…
What you're seeing on the surface is the remnants of that clear substance
by Earle42
Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:30 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Soaking it in acetone will likely remove the glue.
by DSCoins
Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:26 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If you feel we are not correct in our assessment of your coin then post it on a different site for a second opinion. You have to remember Daniel eats, sleep, and works coins he has seen quite a few of those type coins. Then you have Paul, who just so happens is a CONECA WI. State Attributor. The re...
by DSCoins
Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:00 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I feel I need to add one final thought. We had a gentleman who not so long ago post his coin on this board, and said he had a mule clash. He did not want believe what he was told and did not bother to look up what a mule clash was. Everybody told this individual that it was a Clashed Die. Well he d...
by Daniel
Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:15 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's a clear substance like glue, we see one of these about once a weak, it can be removed off the coin.
by Daniel
Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:09 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I agree, it's slightly misaligned obverse die.
by Earle42
Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:45 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A heads up for you: Since NONE of the experts who replied on this coin have it in their hands, they CANNOT arbitrarily say it has glue or was glued together. What you see is not what I feel! I respect your opinions, but as a novice I see and FEEL a mint damaged coin. Thanks Chuck Some of us on here ...
by DSCoins
Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:22 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I want to add a little to what Earl just said. I am going to look at PCSG pricing. To join PCSG you will have to pick subscription plan. They have 3 1. Basic 69.00 no grading vouchers. 2. Gold membership 149.00 4 grading vouchers 3 Platinum membership 249.00 8 grading vouchers. Given those membersh...
by Daniel
Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:59 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I would send you a $100 bill if this exact coin in these images comes back a mint error from PCGS, better yet, I would pay your grading fees as well. That is how confident I am that this coin has a after mint substance on it. I’ve seen so many coins like this, search the forum and you can too, that ...
by Clint W
Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:36 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1935 1C WDDO-001 “ Best of variety????

I gotta give you props for giving us a detailed set of photos and arrows. I don't see any doubling though.
by Daniel
Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:15 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It must be a doubled die before you look for die markers. Die markers don't mean a coin is a doubled die.
by Earle42
Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:38 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wow - a lot of work went into this! But as has been said, the doubling needs to be there.
by Earle42
Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:43 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Newbie here

Welcome! A lot of us went though the buying before knowing phase you mentioned. But mine was the early 70s, and thankfully I had a Grandfather to temper my enthusiasm (meaning he taught me to be wise in my spending LOL!).

As Jlynn said, we are ready to try to help you help yourself. 🙂
by Earle42
Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:04 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jlynn, You said: Ok I’ve given up error searching for the most part but my conscience says not so fast! I hate to see someone get discouraged and so want to share this with you. If I have before, please forgive me. This is the formula for finding error though: Save Yourself time, effort, and disappo...
by Daniel
Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:55 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 4 coins President 2007 proof

It IS a question of education and that is how we do it in this forum. I am not spending anymore time defending it. Instead of giving you a fish to eat I gave you a pole and a lure to catch all you want. If you can't see that then you're in the wrong community. We don't help people how they want to b...
by Clint W
Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:52 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1967 5c Machine doubling?

I see what you mean after looking at yours and the DDR-004 link. There are a lot of similarities and it looks a bit different than most machine doubled coins I have seen. I guess we shall see what the experts say cuz I am not one of them haha
by Earle42
Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:31 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hello From Pennsylvania!

Welcome...we try our best to educate people here by answering them and pointing them to proper resources when we can. So feel free to ask questions. Please DON'T feel we are “being negative when our answers are sometimes short with few 🌺🌻🌼 in them. 😊 Quite a few of us spend hours here daily to try t...
by SensibleSal66
Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:16 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 20?? Shield Cent Zinc Rot? Does Anyone Have Any Idea?

Hello , you have it , it's Zinc Rot or plating blister . Please read >>>> http://www.error-ref.com/blisteredplating/
by SensibleSal66
Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:26 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2000P Dime

Looks like die deterioration doubling to me . IMO
http://www.error-ref.com/?s=die+deterioration
by Daniel
Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:32 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just a plating issue and zinc rot.
by Daniel
Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:03 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: this is my 6th attempt at posting in here😒🙄....I get kicked out of the error forum every time I atte

The forum is not for technical questions, just use our tutorials and you will be able to post, no forum software is perfect so there can be minor issues but they can be resolved with patience and watching our tutorials. You don't use Gifyu to upload, you upload them from your computer. Never try to ...
by DSCoins
Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:37 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I see you have posted many coins and I can’t make out whether you are asking if these coins are errors or telling us they are! Please explain completely in your description what you are asking or showing us! As far as Double Die Errors and many other errors and varieties check out http://www.error-...
by Paul
Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:06 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1967 5c Machine doubling?

I see a hint of reflect doubling in your images. Of course, if the "Descriptor" identification numbers, do not match exactly … Then it is not that variety. Nickels are a very difficult doubling attribution, or I should say most are. They have such a minor spread, that they really need to ...
by Earle42
Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:32 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thanks Jlynn, I am thankful I have been able to accomplish in some way what I came here to do. BTW - like your forum name as I have a wonderful niece with the name Jailynn and it always reminds me of her! And...go ahead and poke...humor makes for a good learning environment and I sure don't mind...k...
by Earle42
Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:52 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: this is my 6th attempt at posting in here😒🙄....I get kicked out of the error forum every time I atte

Would it do that if I tried to delete a file then again before it had time to load In my situation what it happened was I tried to post one too many pictures and the bottom one had an exclamation point so I tried to delete one of the pics further up the list and all it did was turn the delete butto...
by Earle42
Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:14 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Please study the following and then look at the doubled areas on your coin. Keep these in your computer and look at them for the next time you think you have a doubled die.
MD_Push_DOubling_.jpg
MD-Graphic_2.jpg
by Earle42
Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:33 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I would like to be corrected here if I am wrong, but due to the definition of a delamination, I do not think that term can apply to a Zincoln. From error-ref.com: Lamination* errors can develop before or after the strike. They are generally restricted to solid-alloy coins. A Zincoln is plated. It wo...
by DSCoins
Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:51 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I agree with Daniel and with what Earl said.
by SensibleSal66
Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:56 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1941 wheat penny dark 2.5 grams

Hello and Welcome ! I will tell you what, the penny is worn and therefore weighs less than the approximate weight of 3.11g . The .60g or so less is about the weight of a post-it to give you an idea of the difference . Here is a chart for tolerances ( click to enlarge) ----