Search found 19 matches

Return

by Daniel
Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:52 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lincoln Cent 1949 S ...small mint

Mint mark placement varies and this is very common and normal.
by Earle42
Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:30 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lincoln Cent 1949 S ...small mint

I agree. Since mint marks back then were punched into the die by hand, the mint mark locations can very considerably for some dates. At present I do not now of any market for people looking to find one of each known position of mint mark on any one coin.
by SensibleSal66
Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:41 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Penny 1943 plated

It's a Steel Cent made during the WW2 era . It's very corrosive at that .
by DSCoins
Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:38 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

End of the Lincoln Penny??

I don't know why but typed in "End of Lincoln Penny" and ended up with quite a few hits. I started clicking on the various sites that came up. What each site stated (all worded differently), is that the Mint will stop minting the Penny in 2023. As anyone else heard anything about this?
by Gam3rBlake
Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:55 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Roman Republic Quadrigatus

Hey fellow collectors! I wanted to share my newest pickup with you guys. I think I got it at a great price! This is a Roman Republic quadrigatus. The predecessor to the denarius. It’s my first Roman coin from the Republic as my others are all denarii from the Roman Empire. Officially they are suppos...
by Daniel
Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:30 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lincoln 1931D ???

You need to submit coins to get that advice, no one can tell if a coin can be conserved based on images or predict what a conservation company will do to your coin. This forum is not for that kind of help even if we could offer that type of help.
by Earle42
Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:47 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lincoln 1931D ???

There is no need to send every coin found into a company to pay for expensive conservation services. You would end up spending a fortune and having a lot of slabbed coins not anywhere near worth what it took them to pay the companies to work on them. Besides that, they have no magic, they most likel...
by SensibleSal66
Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:46 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: American coin variants

That's why there are so many forums like this fine one . Not to be bold but there are several . What specifically are you after . Cents etc.
Here's two to start with. http://www.error-ref.com/
http://www.lincolncentsonline.com/index.html
by waynesonofpeter
Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:12 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

1944 penny, gradable or not gradable

Why is it so shiny? It's 77 years old.
PICT0320.jpg
PICT0326.jpg
by Daniel
Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:34 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Scott was a troll giving bad advise
by SensibleSal66
Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:28 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A cent that speaks after 140 years

What's strange is your Ancient coins are in better shape than your 1880 cent . LOL .
by Earle42
Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:52 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Maybe this will help. Back in '43 the mint made zinc plated steel cents. As time went on many, many of the steel cents would tarnish and turn an ugly dark grayish color from circulation. After awhile many people and companies, for various reasons, would put yet another plating onto the coins to make...
by SensibleSal66
Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:11 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: UK coin proof like silver 1918

I'm not a Coin World expert but with a simple research I found this excellent website with your exact Coin And values . Good Luck
. : ) https://www.allcoinvalues.com/united-ki ... rge-v.html
by SensibleSal66
Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:20 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rare argentina centavos

Here's everything you need to know. It appears this coin is a Key date and only 88,000 minted ! It also appears to be worth around $64 In VF condition . Yours is damaged and in less condition unfortunately . CIAO !!
>>>>https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces2220.html
by DSCoins
Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:40 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mercury 43 ...FB ???

Sorry no FB (FT). Middle band hs no seperation plus, the top band looks like it took some hits.
by Earle42
Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:15 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: UK coin proof like silver 1918

The British mint is the authority on what coins they have made. Proof sets were issued, back then, normally only for years of a design change. The year 1918 was between design changes. No proofs were made. They would know. Therefore, we have to look elsewhere for a logical explanation... Here is how...
by Earle42
Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:31 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 4 coins President 2007 proof

sorry if I ask you a question in the forum it means that I could not find an answer on ebay. whoever has an idea about their value on the market puts us first to answer the question rather than complicate and postpone it elsewhere. Thank you Actually....we DO put people's best interest first. Feed ...
by Earle42
Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:15 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: US Medal showing the Mint at Philadelphia - value?

There is a whole hobby of people who collect medals and tokens (exonumia). Probably your best way of finding out what this medal is/was made for etc. would be to try searching the internet and typing in the words on the medal. Maybe someone here will recognize it, but the amount of medals and tokens...