Search found 12 matches

Return

by OldSilverDollar
Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:56 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

NGC got Bought Out!

NGC & Parent Company was sold off to Blackstone! just days after NGC Celebrated 50 Million Coins, Tokens and Medals Certified over the past few decades.
https://www.ngccoin.com/news/article/9253/
by OldSilverDollar
Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:54 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bid Sniping on eBay

I make an early bid then on auction ending raise my reserve at the last 2 seconds. I do this at GC,DLRC & HA. as well.
by OldSilverDollar
Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:33 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Residue Removal on a Coin? (Problem Coin)

Looking for advice on a coin I want to prepare to get graded with a few questions. I'm hoping to just get MS60 grade it's a problem coin so it's a 50/50 chance. It's a silver coin in BU condition that has some kind of residue in several small spots on the coin, maybe left over from an old cleaning. ...
by OldSilverDollar
Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:56 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Residue Removal on a Coin? (Problem Coin)

Thanks for reply Sal! It's been hard getting it in a photo as the reverse spots can only be seen mostly at an angle but the bottom spot on obverse can be seen at all angles. the ones on the reverse are terrifing as how to get it off without rubbing the coin? it's a white film on the surface of some ...
by OldSilverDollar
Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:23 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1900 - P Morgan Dollar graded in old holder MS65

Unless this just came out of a collection off the market for 40yrs I would leave it be...almost any under-graded early slabs have already been resubmitted and the ones left are already spot on.. looking at the coin in my armchair opinion it might get a 65+ in reconsideration if the grader feels gene...
by OldSilverDollar
Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:32 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Submitted for grading with Vam 1a

Slabber might of dropped it or someone tried to use it in the vending machine in the break room at lunch time
by OldSilverDollar
Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:10 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Reverse silver eagle designers set

Because very large dealers have a network of employees, family, friends + customers who they buy from and those people make a profit from it. Pinehurst is paying customers up to $400 a set. Add in P.O. mailboxs and drop shippers and an online scalper guidebook and one big dealer could have several t...
by OldSilverDollar
Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:27 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ted Williams Coin Collection - Do we care?

Ted was from the generation were men were men (tough as nails) and men of his day never had to juice to make the numbers.
to the right collector the well known pedigree could bring in 10 to 20% premium IMO.
by OldSilverDollar
Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:16 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coin Toning

If it's AT you can dip it in acetone or distilled for a few hours and it will all come off. Just did two peace dollars on a crackpot with one questionable color that after two hours in acetone and four in distilled water the uniform gold toning was gone replaced by a MS look. The other one I soaked ...
by OldSilverDollar
Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:58 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grading Companies are upset with Facebook over Counterfeit Coins

Facebook only censors free speech they won't censor or block that sweet cash being generated from Ads by scam artist because IMO they are anti American in values. NGC,PNG,CAC ICG,ANACS,PCGS and other important groups and collectors need to form a new collation group using change.org and other method...
by OldSilverDollar
Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:11 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Albums That Won't Damage or Tone Coins

Milk Toning is residue left over from the minting process that only appears on the surface at a later date no matter what the coins are in. the environment and humidity (your storage) might be more important then a zero sulfur album. no 100% toning proof method as depending on whats in a coin and on...
by OldSilverDollar
Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:55 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coin grading question

Take them out if you want them graded without the GSA holders otherwise check the Q&A section of the grading company you have picked.