Search found 87 matches

Return

by jvineyard
Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:38 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What do I do with this?

Thanks for the quick and informative reply. I should have mentioned in my original post that I did the market research. So on Great Collections here are the recently sold examples 8/2020 PCGS MS-64 $225 6/2020 PCGS MS-66 $567 PCGS lists a total of 15 graded examples in MS66 with 1 higher out of a to...
by Earle42
Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:15 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1831 half graffitied

Likely the best protection is simply to get an Air-Tite capsule for it. The slabs from companies are not air tight. Also, I know one dealer I trust told me 2X2s are the least expensive and safe way to store coins (flatten the staples so stacking them will not result in one's staple putting a hole in...
by CaptJohn2
Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:26 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

New video "A Scary Coin Grading Service Mistake That Could Cost You"

Lucky for the seller of this coin, I wasn't the only one that spotted the incorrect description. I thought I was going to get this mis-identified rarity cheap. Didn't happen and I paid more than I wanted to. Anyway the label says LDLL (Large Date Large Leaves) which is the most common variety for th...
by Paul
Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:26 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New video "A Scary Coin Grading Service Mistake That Could Cost You"

👍

A textbook example of "Buy the Coin Not the Slab"...............

I really wonder when this is going to start sinking in
by Funky Strike
Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:58 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Here's my grading mistake

Funkmeister here! Found this one on a hunt and it was a head scratcher to me - Then I saw Daniel's video this morning: I have a 2019-W First Day of Issue American Silver Eagle that PCGS said was SP70 (Perfect) However, You can see damage on the Obverse - Can it still be "70" with those den...
by Paul
Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:56 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Here's my grading mistake

I'm going with "Blanket Grade"................ ?
by Coin Mule
Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:44 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm going with "Blanket Grade"................ ? Yes, I agree, I was very disappointed to find out how many shenanigans go on behind the scenes, I kinda thought that since TPGs were operated by coin folks they would have more integrity than my fellow travelers on wall street, boy was I na...
by Funky Strike
Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:04 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think this guy got my coin...
by Hobub
Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:17 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I had sent a 2020 End of WW2 gold coin to pcgs to be graded. I examined it before sending off with my 16x lupe and it was absolutely perfect. No flaws. It came back a PF70 but guess what, I saw a mark in the obverse field and it had a nick in it. I immediately knew it was one I did not want to keep ...
by Earle42
Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:50 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

On another forum I have seen people posting coins damaged by the graders as well. The posters had before and after pictures...which was good b/c otherwise PCGS was all ready to deny it. In the end the PCGS "guarantee" proved to work out well...for PCGS 😡.
by typeviic
Thu May 20, 2021 7:37 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Attention CAC submitters

CAC will not, I repeat, WILL NOT! consider any NGC/PCGS graded Paramount-Redfield holdered Morgan or Peace dollars. I recently got back a CAC submission, which included 2 NGC graded Redfield silver dollars that were in the original Paramount holders from the late 1970's. The dreaded "N/A" ...
by Daniel
Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:57 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PURCHASING COINS.

It's a scam, I've done multiple videos warning people against these.

by Daniel
Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:39 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ugliest 1921 Peace Dollar?

Here's a video I did on a very ugly Peace dollar I purchased along with a bunch of nicer 1921 Peace Dollars.

by Mrweaseluv
Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:04 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

An Incredible $15 snag off ebay...

was shopping for a 68-69 wheat cent for my type set, and as i expected, I got a 1958 (figured on a 55-58 as least expensive) What I never expected was to get it for the opening bid of $14.99 :D This just made my day :D Bright pic's were the sellers, dark pic's are NGCs. 1958.jpg 1958r (2).jpg 422665...
by Earle42
Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:36 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Grading the Grading Companies - Reality vs. Marketing

The grading companies are not what an awful lot of coin hobbyists think. THe following is given to help educate people in how not to lose money using these companies. The companies are not THE undeniable coin experts their marketing departments have swayed public opinion to believe. As with many com...
by SensibleSal66
Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:04 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1943 steel wheat penny

Not worth sending in . Value is less than Grading FEES .
by Mrweaseluv
Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:28 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thought I'd share the newest addition to the type set...

Modern coin made to those ol'time standards :D High Relief, 90% silver and that true deep mirrored cameo you hardly ever see anymore :D
Add in I snagged it for a fifty and Im a shazbot happy camper :D
2014p (2).jpg
2014pr (2).jpg
2014p.jpg
2014pr.jpg
by Daniel
Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:36 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1943 steel wheat penny

I am selling MS67 1943 cents for $120 on my website and that’s below retail, and it’s hard to get that grade. Sal is correct the coin wouldn’t grade high enough.
by Bluebird
Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:00 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Intro

hi.all..my name is bluebird and new to collecting..need your help..ty
by CaptJohn2
Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:48 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Some counterstamps are good....

...especially when done by the mint.
2556a.jpg
2556b.jpg
by claudewill1
Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:10 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1921 Peace Dollar: To grade or not to grade

I sent off a 1921 Peace dollar recently in a really "low" grade in the hopes of it getting P-01. Want it for a lowball set.
by SensibleSal66
Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:03 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Here

Okay, Welcome Aboard . Jump in please . Thanks .
by Paul
Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:25 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Here

Welcome
by Daniel
Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:19 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NGC got Bought Out!

I saw that. PCGS and NGC sold out.
by Joseppi
Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:31 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1982 small date copper penny Found!!! I am 99.9% sure of it lincoln

I posted each coin on the scale and then all three together?? Clearly your not thinking those are 3 pics wit two pennies are you, because it's RIGHT THERE, ILL SEND IT AGAIN, I don't want to zzom in on penny because you'll miss the scale weight, there is nothing touching the scale and you can see wi...
by Stanfieldscott
Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:53 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NGC got Bought Out!

came in late, both services were purchased or closed ?

Scott
by monsterbug1
Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:48 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

3 Legged Buffalo Nickel found in Bulk Bin for $1- Graded PCGS XF 40

About two months ago, I found the below 1937 D 3 legged Buffalo Nickel in a Nickel bin for $1. The dealer honored the price on the bin, and I shortly sent the coin off for grading and authentication. I just got the coin back, with a grade of XF 40, which was higher than I expected. Pictures are belo...
by SensibleSal66
Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:12 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ICG graded coins

It's not 100% accurate when grading from Pics but In the enlarged photo's ( enlarged when clicked on) but I assume it got that grade because of the distracting "dings and dents" on the Obverse ( face mostly) and small dings on the reverse ( wing tips) . Overall, I think they got the coin g...
by Daniel
Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:56 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's a nice coin but might be more like an MS63 based on these images.
by Earle42
Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:58 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

When buying slab coins its been PCGS or NGC for me. In this case I looked at the coin not so much the slab and decide hey looks pretty good. Please ALWAYS look at the coin and not the slab. Read the essay in my signature for a real eye opener on the actual expertise of the grading companies using t...
by Matthudson
Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:11 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The eBay jungle - Today: 1917 SLQ!

$34.98, after taxes and shipping! And she's a TYPE 2! You buy enough junk, you get real picky - really fast! I'm on my way! Just takes hours and hours of patience! I'm gonna call her VF30-35. If 3 people say 40 in person, she gets slabbed. Grime relented quite easily in acetone, does not have "...
by bcbrasseur
Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:50 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: To grade or not to grade - that is the question!

AU details. The coin was potentially cleaned in the past. Wow! FROM THE LEGEND HIMSELF! Seriously cant thank you guys enough! They were asking $350 for it and I think it isn't worth the risk. I am 75% sure its cleaned after deep inspection in which case I could find similar grades for 125-200 alrea...
by Brian Hagler
Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:59 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1861 $2.50 piece!

Curious if the shop you purchased the coin from had a Precious Metals Verifier? Like Daniel stated, have it authenticated; Hopefully it’s not a fake...
by Triple C
Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:36 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 silver eagle: bullion vs uncirculated

...and the uncirculated eagle bears a mint mark, where the bullion eagle does not.
by DSCoins
Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:38 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Happy Birthday Daniel.

I know this is a little early, but wanted to say it before I signed off for the night. I want to thank you Daniel for what you have done and all you continue to do for the coin community. It was because of your videos that I was inspired to actively get back into coin collecting after a serious med...
by Paul
Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:50 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Happy Birthday Daniel.

Oh, did I miss your birthday old man?
by Earle42
Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:57 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: To grade or not to grade - that is the question!

Agreed with Daniel. BTW...some help: The pics are not clear enough. But my initial guess is just machine doubling. " Here is more info concerning the nature of the grading companies to help people make better educated decisions. Thinking of Slabbing? Make sure you understand the Facts...or You ...