Jump to topic

Re: 1983 DDR FS-801

kinda figured but hey it will go in my collection. thanx
by pnwmakes
Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:42 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Blank type II, post 1982 planchet found coin roll hunting

Picked up a box of cents from my local bank and found this on roll 12, Post 1982 weighs 2.49g. Cool find another item to add to the collection.
by pnwmakes
Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:42 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What is your oldest coin/bill finds in the wild?

1911 is the oldest I have found coin roll hunting, My average box from the bank I find anywhere from 16 to 24 wheat cents a box only a hand full from the teens, mostly from the 20' to 1958. But for me it is all about the hunt.
by pnwmakes
Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:20 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Post your blank planchettes or erratically off-struck coins here!

Here is one I found not to long ago coin roll hunting.
by pnwmakes
Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:33 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

1935 P Lincoln cent Cleaned or not cleaned?

Just found this 1935 P Lincoln cent coin roll hunting. Found it in a box from the bank wrapped by Loomis. Was wondering does it look cleaned or not? Just have never found a 30's cent that looks this good. Thank you.
by pnwmakes
Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:42 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1950-D Lincoln cent, die chip obverse

Thanks I kind of thought so. When I am searching rolls I always have these websites open.
www.varietyvista.com
www.lincolncentresource.com
www.coppercoins.com
www.error-ref.com
www.doubleddie.com

If anyone knows of any other websites that are good reference, please let me know.

and again thank you
by pnwmakes
Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:07 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

1936-P Lincoln Cent found coin roll hunt

Found this 1936-P Lincoln Cent hunting a bank box, probably the nicest 30's cent I have found. It is a nice upgrade for my album. In the same box also found a 1910-P and a beat up 1943-P steel penny. Not a bad box if I do say so.
by pnwmakes
Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:20 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

CUSTOMER WRAPPED QUATERS AND NICKELS

Just got back from the bank and my normal banker said a older man brought in three rolls of quarters and nickels and asked if I would want them. So I said sure. Got a roll of 1965 P&D quarters Some really nice ones for my albums and a roll of 1964 P&D nickels and a roll of of 61,63,63, &...
by pnwmakes
Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:35 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

1944 Mercury Dimes

Cool score today, I went to my local Red Apple (small grocery store) When ever I have a few rolls of quarters to turn in I sell them there. (they are having a hard time getting change). The lady behind the counter was glad to get some more rolls. She then goes into the till and said some turned thes...
by pnwmakes
Fri Dec 24, 2021 7:09 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Merry Christmas And......

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR
by pnwmakes
Sat Dec 25, 2021 4:18 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Christmas coin stuff score

My lovely wife got me a box of customer wrapped nickels, RFT nickel coin hunt mat, strike it rich book, Canadian small cent albums 1920-2012 (living less than 150 miles from Canada I find tons of Canadian cents) Jefferson nickel albums 1938-2024 and a buffalo nickel album... My son got me a second 3...
by pnwmakes
Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:22 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Blank Planchet Mint Error

I have found a few coin roll hunting
by pnwmakes
Mon Dec 27, 2021 2:07 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Canadian Cents errors and varieties

So over the last 5 months of coin roll hunting Lincoln cents I have accumulated over a 1000 Canadian cents from King George the 5 to the last year of production. I want to start filling out my new Canadian Cent albums but at the same time look for any varieties and errors. I have been searching the ...
by pnwmakes
Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:30 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

1945-P LWC Die crack OBV?

Is this a die crack or lamination error or just PMD on the obverse of this 1945-P LWC. It is raised and has a ridge and runs from above liberty through the neck to the other side. I have been looking and have not found something that looks like this. Thank you
by pnwmakes
Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:36 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

2017 $1 consecutive serial numbers in change

Got these two 2017 $1 dollar bills crisp in change from the dollar store yesterday go figure. Thought I would share.
by pnwmakes
Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:36 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New member Richard_Atlanta introducing myself

My wife hates it because I always pay in cash and will sit in the truck and go through it real quick just to see what I got and when I get home I head to the coin cave and go through it again. And she is always asking why I must carry a loupe with me...Personally I don't think there is anything wron...
by pnwmakes
Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:10 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

1998 P Lincoln Cent Wide AM

Pretty sure I found my first 1998 wide AM this morning coin roll hunting.
by pnwmakes
Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:07 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2000 D Penny close AM

Sorry close AM is normal for the 2000 D Lincoln Cent. Only on the 1998 - 2000 P Lincoln Cent the variety you need to look for is a wide AM. This link has more information. http://www.lincolncentresource.com/wideams.html And next time please include pictures of the Obverse and reverse of the coin.
by pnwmakes
Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:32 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

1905 Indian Head Cent

Found my first Indian Head Cent coin roll hunting a bank box tonight. Only took 68 boxes.. :dance:
by pnwmakes
Sat Feb 05, 2022 1:14 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1977 D Lincoln Memorial Cent Clipped Planchet?

Found this 1977 D LMC with a small clipped edge. I thought it might be PMD but opposite of the clip looks like vey minor (just a little of the rim opposite is worn) Blakesly effect was looking for some opinions. Hey there. I see what you're saying but something isn't quite right here. It's not curv...
by pnwmakes
Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:00 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1997 Lincoln Cent Double Die Obverse

Please post full pictures obverse and reverse please! There are die markers both obverse and reverse.
by pnwmakes
Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:38 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Coin roll hunting and super bowel!

Getting ready for the Super Bowel and some coin roll hunting... Go Bengals!!!!! :D
by pnwmakes
Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:36 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Searching a bag of pennies

Wow is all I can say......
by pnwmakes
Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:48 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Blank? 2019 or newer penny...

yes very interesting๐Ÿ˜•
by pnwmakes
Sat Feb 26, 2022 11:34 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 quarter Cud on flag

Die chip I think
by pnwmakes
Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:29 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I just got this 2022 quarter in change with a die chip on George Washington nose and mouth. Is this correct?

Nice find in change, people are calling it the "herpes" or "drooling George" quarter on eBay.
by pnwmakes
Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:44 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Just saw an ad for a coin collector started kit. Verify premiums.

Well over $100.00 premium. You could do a lot better from a good LCS.
by pnwmakes
Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:48 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Eye Fatigue

Just my two cents here. I hunt through at least 5000 LMC a week if not more. Do I look at everyone? No just the ones that have KNOWN mint errors and varieties and my favorite RPM's. I am over 50 and wear trifocals. I had to go to a scope that goes into my computer. I set it the lowest setting (can s...
by pnwmakes
Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:17 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

1974 $50 Federal Reserve Note from Boston

Went to the bank to cash a check and got this really nice crisp 1974 $50 Federal Reserve Note from Boston. Don't see ones like this in change or from the bank anymore. A little dirty but going to save I think. Just wanted to share
by pnwmakes
Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:32 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1957 P Wheat penny steel or nickel? Help

looks silver plated, with that being said it is not a mint error, it was done post mint.