Search found 6 matches

Return

by reddskye
Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:51 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Old/New Collector Here

After many years of a looong break, I'm back into coin collecting at a higher level than my previous life. Growing up, my neighborhood friends and I bought from mail order companies and our 1 single LCS in town. Fast forward to earlier this year, and I realized how much more time I spend at home, an...
by reddskye
Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:31 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: On the Hunt for Franklin Half Dollars

Franklin Halves are one of my favorite to collect! When I re-kickstarted this hobby, filling up a Capital Holder with proof and uncirculated dates was first on my agenda. It is now on display on my office wall. I have hit a slowdown with obtaining the pricey 1950, 1951 and 1952 proofs. Someday, thos...
by reddskye
Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:59 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1880 P Morgan Dollar AU58 or higher?

I see some abrasions on the hair above the ear, the upper cap fold, the eyebrow, and the top of the eagle's legs. Otherwise, minimal contact marks overall and the cheek has normal chatter . Tilt it under a desklamp and see if there's unbroken cartwheel luster in all of those highspots.
by reddskye
Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:20 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hello all!

Welcome to the forum. From reading your intro, once you get scammed in buying coins, the pain lingers, which is a good thing to keep your guard up and verify, verify, verify.
by reddskye
Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:31 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Should I put my silver coins in the Mylar holders?

For low value silver coins, Mylar holders (with a flat clinch stapler) is a cheap way to add some protection. They're great for organization, labeling and quick reference.
by reddskye
Tue May 03, 2022 9:16 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1950's Proof Sets

Out of all the 50’s proof sets, your only grand prize is the 1950 - 1953 Franklin Halves.