Search found 57 matches

Return

by Daniel
Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:33 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Here's a cherry pickers lists of Lincoln Cent varieties & Keys

Most dates and mints for Lincoln Cents are known for doubled dies and date 1989 and back are known with repunched mint marks referred to as RPMs. Click A Date To See Images Here's the video version of this list, plus more! 1909 S Key Date Counterfeit or Real? 1909 VDB DDO Doubled Die Obverse 1909 S ...
by CopperFinger
Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:23 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

1983 WDDR-001/or new variety.

Not sure if it'sthe WDDR -001 or new variety.I can see seriffs on 3 of the 4 blvd.corners which i can't see on the one on coppercoins.I got this cent tonight in change from circle k store! Seems to have the markerson obverse. You can see the
by SensibleSal66
Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:16 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Historical Find !

Found this my 2nd season detecting . 2001 , summer > I was detecting an cellar hole (1700s) when I remember almost giving up. I made my way to the main dirt road when I decide to hit a small grassy area which looked like what was an area they might have parked their wagon . Two minutes in, I got a s...
by SensibleSal66
Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:10 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cool $20 Serial Number !!

So, hey everyone ! My wife got this $20 Note from the bank and Wow ! Nice serial Number .
by Brian Hagler
Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:04 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Anyone been hassled while using a metal detector?

I think the big thing to consider is we are all from different places in the US. Be sure to look up local laws and talk to your local Department of Natural Resources or Park Ranger etc.
by Daniel
Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:27 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

CoinHelpu Mentioned By Stacks Bowers During Auction

Flash back to 2021. CoinHelpu was the first Youtube coin channel to be mentioned, during a coin auction, by a major coin auction house. Stacks Bowers auctioned a small lot of NGC Graded Redfield Morgan Dollars for me and mentioned my channel multiple times. Making history. Thanks for everyone's supp...
by DSCoins
Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:03 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

CSA Bronze 1C Bashlow Restrike Defaced Dies

When I saw Mrweaseluv post on the (1961) CSA Bronze 1C Bashlow Restrike Defaced Dies, and I was captivated by it. 99 percent of the time I can walk away from a coin without a second thought. There was just something about this coin that enthralled me so much I could not let it go. So, the newest co...
by JTCC
Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:48 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Newest acquisition (1906-P IHC)

Greetings, community. I recently started a Dansco 7101 indian head cent album and has since made some progress, aiming towards a VF/up set. I purchased a good looking 1906-P for the book, just thought of shearing it and potential getting a approx. grade of this specimen. (low AU ish?) Can’t go wrong...
by JTCC
Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:25 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Can someone help me identify if this is a 1909s Indian head?

Please provide clear images of the entire coin, both obverse and reverse. Using existing images, I do not believe this to be a 1909-S cent. Pareidolia.
by Cherie
Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:35 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Introduction

Hiya ! My name is Cherie . Happy to have stumbled upon this site .
Looking forward to finally getting some help as I'm new at coins .
Thanks in advance .
Take care and God bless
by Earle42
Fri Jul 15, 2022 1:34 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1973 Quarter. Is this a mint error on the eagle or damaged?

If you are referring to the coloring, it reminds me of a much less drastic example of the following:
Cup_Holder_Coin.jpg
by Morganalan
Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:36 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Short story

I was born in northern Nevada in the fifties and my father worked for First National Bank in Carson City. On some weekends a few of the employees were allowed to open the vault and sort through silver dollars and replace with paper dollars. Some of my earliest memories are running through the bank w...
by Daniel
Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:13 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Coins Found Metal Detecting - What Are They Worth?

Here's a topic I've been asked about many times. How much are dug and cleaned coins worth and should you clean your coins you find metal detecting. In this video I answer these questions.

by Earle42
Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:49 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1911-D Lincoln - Striations in Fields. AMD?

Pattern: Minted on experimental copper-plated elephant hide planchet? A slight error there in hide identification. They only used rhinoceros hides. A little known fact about the rhinoceros horn trade in 1909 was that an enterprising young Chinese man named Wan Sum Yoo Dolla thought it was a waste t...
by CaptJohn2
Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:41 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How could they do such a great job back then.......

....using only hand tools?

Provincial Rome tetradrachma 215-217
3934a.jpg
3934b.jpg
by Earle42
Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:21 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The "mint errors" I fell for...

I also do believe some of the sellers genuinely thought they were selling error coins. I don't believe everyone is dishonest but perhaps lacking the knowledge. Agreed! This is the problem with youtube and ebay. Innocent people see things wrongly attributed and make for what I call "ebay fads.&...
by Earle42
Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:54 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Post your Lincoln cent album/collection!

Nice set! Though I hope you now know never to clean coins now though. Using that eraser ruined the value of the one you used it on. :(
by adam126402
Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:39 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CA Fractional 1854 G25C BG-224 would you slab this coin?

So wondered why this California fractional gold coin and another I have was in the possession of my great great grandfather who lived in Iowa and died in Iowa. So my mom has been reading through genealogy and lots of other documents and found that GGF arrived in Ohio in 1845 from Sweden and then joi...
by silviosi
Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:28 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1972 D Lincoln Cent cud

This it is a nice one.
by JTCC
Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:17 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1972 D Lincoln Cent cud

Very nice!
by Earle42
Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:52 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NGC or PCGS?

Also, there are times when ANACS is appropriate... Cheers 🤠 P.S. I just checked PCGS & NGC membership fees and levels...it's almost as confusing as their grading. 🤪 Unfortunately, I have a few Morgans that need to be graded for sale...and I'm don't own a single slabbed coin. As an example...we ...
by SensibleSal66
Tue May 09, 2023 12:54 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Colonial Coins- Post yours!

Living in New England, I've come to love Colonial coins. Please post yours!
I dug this while Metal Detecting in the early 2000's! It's a 1787 CT. Copper Miller 32.1-X.3 I believe. :D
by SensibleSal66
Thu May 11, 2023 11:13 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Colonial Coins- Post yours!

Redline68 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 11:01 am I found this as well, in a field not far from my home on the east coast.
Looks like a CT. Copper as well! :D
by Earle42
Sat May 13, 2023 1:55 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Indian head or Lincoln Cent?

But one of the two types has a bragging point the other cannot compete with!

https://tinyurl.com/2nzug9a8
by pnwmakes
Wed May 17, 2023 5:50 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Minting Process Philadelphia Mint.

Couple of cool videos from the US Mint that were released on YouTube in the last week.

by SensibleSal66
Fri May 19, 2023 12:38 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Loose change finds-'21/'25 Lincoln

Hey everyone. Just wanted to share my latest finds in circulation. :D
1921/1925 Lincoln cents.
by SensibleSal66
Fri Sep 01, 2023 2:26 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Flying Eagle Friday- Post yours too!

Hey everyone! It's Friday again and with-it a New theme.
I'm calling it " Flying Eagle Friday". Post any Coin, Round or Token with a flying eagle. Thanks
Here's a Silver Round and Standing Liberty quarter reverse.
by SensibleSal66
Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:35 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Elongated Coin collectors??

Hey everyone! :D I wanted to share a website for all those that collect elongated coins? What's that? It's when you locate a machine for making these, put in coin/s in the machine (usually a quarter/penny I believe), crank the handle and whalah! The stretched penny comes out with a desired pattern l...
by mhonzell
Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:56 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Monday is for Roosters!

Just kidding.
Thought I'd throw in a very unlikely topic (similar to Sal's type posts) and see where it goes. Post any coin you have that displays a rooster.
Of course, I have a copper and silver example for you...
NY630BH-2a (3).jpg
Belarus 2016 (1)-horz.jpg
by SensibleSal66
Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:24 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SHOW AND TELL-Cool Historical Button- Any idea?

Hello everyone! I found this button several years ago but still haven't quite figured this one out. It says "Battle of Waterloo June 1815" with a pictorial. :D Any idea why this button was made? When approximately? :?: :?: It looks like it was made to be a commemorative to the Battle of Wa...
by Daniel
Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:02 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Video Photo Grade Wheat Cents

I created a video to help with grading Lincoln Wheat Cents. Let me know how future videos can be improved. Thanks!

by mhonzell
Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:41 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Foreign Coin of the day

Ok, nobody liked the Pig idea.
So, let's see a coin from another country.
by Worldwide C
Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:35 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Foreign Coin of the day

Redline68 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:28 pm 1746 Half Crown s-l1600 (2).jpgs-l1600 (3).jpg
Amazing coin there! Coincidently I have the exact same coin although in a slightly lower grade.
by mhonzell
Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:12 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Would you find this on a coin today?

Many older coins are very politically motivated and attempted to send a strong message to the public. For instance, this Roman coin shows two Roman enemies captured and tied up on the ground with a sign between them indicating the leader (Crispus) has given them 10 years of prosperity. D1G3.jpg More...