Question about Kointains sizing

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, POST IT HERE. Numismatic related posts only.

Moderator: Daniel

Forum rules
Here's a link to how to post a topic with images in our community https://coinauctionshelp.com/welcome-to ... community/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You also agree to follow these guidelines. You must agree to these rules to be a member of this forum. NO SPAM! Spam is deleted within minutes, no spam will ever be left in our community.

1. Post a front and back image of your coin with a specific question about what you’re seeing or asking about and one coin per topic.

2. Please remove coin from the holder unless it’s US or an official mint case or unless it is graded by a grading service.

3. Images should be taken by a camera or cell phone camera, we ask that members don’t use images through a microscope screen.

4. Always start your own topic, please don’t ask about your coin or post your coin in someone else’s coin topic.

5. Do not send private messages about your coin unless an Admin ask you too and the same for sending emails through the board.

6. No spam. Do not post any links to your coin or other non-coin websites.

7. Always be respectful even if something makes you upset or you don’t agree with a member. You can always get a second opinion elsewhere. If you have an issue then politely ask an admin in an PM. PM’s are for issues, technical and personal, but not for coin questions (refer to number 5 on this list). Our community is not a soap box for complaining or drama, so please refrain from doing so here.[/size]
Matthudson
Coin Wizz

Question about Kointains sizing

#1 Unread post by Matthudson »

Anybody have any experience with Kointains holders?

I am preparing a gift of an uncirculated 1954 cent in a screw top bezel for each of my fellow cast-mates in "12 angry men'. (The year it was written).

One idea I had was to put them into kointains, and then into the bezel, so it would be protected. Does the holder increase the diameter by 2mm, so it would fit securely in a nickel bezel?

I'd love a set of the aluminum "lucky penny" holders, but can't find any leads on getting them, or finding a company that still makes them.

I have absolutely no experience with this brand.

Gratefully, Matt

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Question about Kointains sizing

#2 Unread post by Daniel »

I am sorry but can't help you.

Triple C
Coin Wizz

#3 Unread post by Triple C »

Hi Matt...I personally do not have experience with Kointains capsules. I use Air-Tites or 2X2 flips for raw coins. However, the following comment comes from another forum where the member talks about his experience with Kointains:
Screenshot_20210619-101621_Chrome.jpg
The above info doesn't answer all your questions, but it sheds some light in regards to protection of the coins.

Best of luck to you!

Triple C
Coin Wizz

#4 Unread post by Triple C »

As far as size, both Air-tites and Kointains come in two sizes, direct fit and with an inert ring. Therefore, the size increase would depend on which type you get.

Again, best of luck!