1908 indian head cent

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, POST IT HERE. Numismatic related posts only.

Moderator: Daniel

Forum rules
Here's a link to how to post a topic with images in our community https://coinauctionshelp.com/welcome-to ... community/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You also agree to follow these guidelines. You must agree to these rules to be a member of this forum. NO SPAM! Spam is deleted within minutes, no spam will ever be left in our community.

1. Post a front and back image of your coin with a specific question about what you’re seeing or asking about and one coin per topic.

2. Please remove coin from the holder unless it’s US or an official mint case or unless it is graded by a grading service.

3. Images should be taken by a camera or cell phone camera, we ask that members don’t use images through a microscope screen.

4. Always start your own topic, please don’t ask about your coin or post your coin in someone else’s coin topic.

5. Do not send private messages about your coin unless an Admin ask you too and the same for sending emails through the board.

6. No spam. Do not post any links to your coin or other non-coin websites.

7. Always be respectful even if something makes you upset or you don’t agree with a member. You can always get a second opinion elsewhere. If you have an issue then politely ask an admin in an PM. PM’s are for issues, technical and personal, but not for coin questions (refer to number 5 on this list). Our community is not a soap box for complaining or drama, so please refrain from doing so here.[/size]
Woodennickles
Coining Around

1908 indian head cent

#1 Unread post by Woodennickles »

1908 indian head cent I reckon its in decent shape. Swamped at work still looking into a better picture solution hoping I can talk my wife into using that expensive camera she has and helping out sbe still thinks im crazy for all of a sudden deciding to start doing this but eh im to old for magic the gathering and well warhammer 40K is fun but only to read im to impatient to paint minis and soldiering has been my job for the last 19 years something about keeping work seperatw from your hobbies lol
Obverse
Obverse
Attachments
Reverse
Reverse

SensibleSal66
Coin Master

Re: 1908 indian head cent

#2 Unread post by SensibleSal66 »

Yea, better Pics would be best in this case. Hard to tell what grade to give it . Try again ? Less lighting please .
Member of CONECA
" All replies are my opinion based on experience"
Casual Collector 40+ years , 10 years Error coins ( still learning).

Woodennickles
Coining Around

#3 Unread post by Woodennickles »

Hope these are better I am not there yet but I think this is an improvement I'll get there eventually hope it gives a better idea of condition. My wife got a microscope off amazon unfortunately its a little difficult to fine tune but it was a pretty thoughtful thing to do so its what I got I turned the lighting down on the bottom picture of obverse and reverse. Yes a better microscope is definitely in my future.
Attachments
1908 indian cent obverse.jpg
1908 indian head obverse center.jpg
1908 indian cent obverse bottom.jpg
1908 indian cent reverse top.jpg
1908 indian head reverse center.jpg
1908 inidian head cent reverse bottom.jpg

SensibleSal66
Coin Master

#4 Unread post by SensibleSal66 »

I'll say EF-40 or XF-45 at best but it makes sense to accurately grade it by having it in hand .
Member of CONECA
" All replies are my opinion based on experience"
Casual Collector 40+ years , 10 years Error coins ( still learning).

Woodennickles
Coining Around

#5 Unread post by Woodennickles »

Cool and I appreciate your help I know there are some gems here just a bit overwhelmed

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Unread post by Daniel »

The coin was cleaned in the past and has retoned so it would be EF45 details.

Woodennickles
Coining Around

#7 Unread post by Woodennickles »

I thought there was something a little wierd about that. Honestly that actually makes sense. I know im probably sitting on a case full of cleaned coins but hey it got me into the hobby and I figure if you look long enough you will find something

italycoins
Coin Collector

#8 Unread post by italycoins »

my little "war veteran" cent. you like it? VG10 or down rate?
Attachments
20210723_155312.jpg
20210723_155339.jpg

Earle42
Administrator
Administrator

#9 Unread post by Earle42 »

@italycoins
Please post your own coin in your own thread. The reasoning makes sense. I would not have even seen your coin, had I not been reading this thread, b/c its "hidden" at the end of someone else's thread. So putting up your own thread will get a lot more replies b/c more people will see it!
Last edited by Earle42 on Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Common grading company shortcomings & resulting co$tly mi$take$ to collectors (using Kennedy No FG halves):
https://tinyurl.com/y7rksxu8

How much squash would a sasquatch squash if a sasquatch would squash squash?

italycoins
Coin Collector

#10 Unread post by italycoins »

Thanks...sorry

Woodennickles
Coining Around

#11 Unread post by Woodennickles »

Dude I am ok with it I understand the posting in a thread but its cool and I appreciate you taking the time to share 1880 man its weird when you think about it that was like 26 years after the civil war and almost 150 years away from us today... I think its sorta cool to have something like that in hand kinda like holding a story or something also I really am not good with punctuation prolly time for a grammarly account or something lol.

DSCoins
Coin Guru

#12 Unread post by DSCoins »

Woodennickles wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:30 am Dude I am ok with it I understand the posting in a thread but its cool and I appreciate you taking the time to share 1880 man its weird when you think about it that was like 26 years after the civil war and almost 150 years away from us today... I think its sorta cool to have something like that in hand kinda like holding a story or something also I really am not good with punctuation prolly time for a grammarly account or something lol.

It really doesn't matter if you are OK with it. Forum protocol states that you don't post a photo of your coin on someone else Topic. You are required to start your own topic.
USN Retired Jun1977-Jun 1997/100% disabled VET. (Not a wounded warrior)
Member CONACA
ANA
PCGS
NGC
Finds to date
2000-P .05C Strong Clashed Die O/R PCGS # 14129072 photo at maddieclashes
1983-P DDR FS-01-1983-501
5 2000 WAM FS- 901

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#13 Unread post by Daniel »

I created these rules for a reason. Someone post a coin for help, we try to give it, then someone post their coin and that is confusing and actually rude. It's like cutting someone off in their conversation, you just don't do that. Topic is solved and locked, please follow the rules. Thanks