Gradeable ?s and Pics. I was hoping to get your personal 2 cents, lol.

Post anything about coin grading holders, questions, images, facts announcements. If it's in, or about, or is a coin holders this is where to post it.

Moderator: Daniel

Forum rules
Here's a link to how to post a topic with images in our community https://coinauctionshelp.com/welcome-to ... community/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You also agree to follow these guidelines. You must agree to these rules to be a member of this forum. NO SPAM! Spam is deleted within minutes, no spam will ever be left in our community.

1. Post a front and back image of your coin with a specific question about what you’re seeing or asking about and one coin per topic.

2. Please remove coin from the holder unless it’s US or an official mint case or unless it is graded by a grading service.

3. Images should be taken by a camera or cell phone camera, we ask that members don’t use images through a microscope screen.

4. Always start your own topic, please don’t ask about your coin or post your coin in someone else’s coin topic.

5. Do not send private messages about your coin unless an Admin ask you too and the same for sending emails through the board.

6. No spam. Do not post any links to your coin or other non-coin websites.

7. Always be respectful even if something makes you upset or you don’t agree with a member. You can always get a second opinion elsewhere. If you have an issue then politely ask an admin in an PM. PM’s are for issues, technical and personal, but not for coin questions (refer to number 5 on this list). Our community is not a soap box for complaining or drama, so please refrain from doing so here.[/size]
BMTOKC
Coining Around

Gradeable ?s and Pics. I was hoping to get your personal 2 cents, lol.

#1 Unread post by BMTOKC »

I want to sell all these and hundreds more. I do want to get top dollar and I know PCGS is the way to go. Then Ebay. Trying to build up a little confidence. I have watched that video you posted to my 3 posts and I'll watch it again.

I have talked to PCGS a few times, and they are waiting on me.

Is submitting to Heritage worth it or do i risk taking too much of a loss? What's YOUR 2 cents, lol.

Brad

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Gradeable ?s and Pics. I was hoping to get your personal 2 cents, lol.

#2 Unread post by Daniel »

You're jumping too far ahead. You need to call Heritage about what they can do for you. You should never be thinking about selling coins before you learn about their values, potential grade and how much it cost to send off. Of the coins you posted, none of them are Heritage Auction worthy. I encourage you to slow down. Most dealers can't get top dollar, so do not expect that either.

BMTOKC
Coining Around

#3 Unread post by BMTOKC »

OKIE DOKIE. I HAVE TALKED TO HERITAGE AS WELL AS PCGS MULTIPLE TIMES AND HA IS WAITING ON PICS, AND PCGS IS JUST WAITING FOR ME TO JOIN AND FILL OUT PAPERWORK AND SEND THEM IN. I WATCH 90% OF YOUR STUFF AND FRANKLY, IT'S GREAT BUT A LITTLE OVERWHELMING FOR SOMEONE LIKE ME WHO WANTS TO GET FAIR PRICES FOR STUFF BUT I HAVE SO MUCH STUFF (PERSONAL AND CONSIGMENT) TO CONVERT TO OLD FASHIONED CASHOLA, LOL, I COULD NEVER INVEST THE TIME YOU DO AS A FULL TIME COIN DEALER. I'M ALREADY GOING TO HAVE TO LIVE TO BE 150. MAN, I'M GONNA BE PRETTY UGLY BY THEN.

YOU HAVE ALREADY GIVEN ME A LITTLE HINT ON THESE 4 COINS SO FAR. LOL, THEY ARE NOT MILLION DOLLAR COINS, LOL.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME AND TWO CENTS SO FAR.

BRAD

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Unread post by Daniel »

Use PCGS price guide and photograde to find a contingent value for your coins. Also buy a 2022 Red Book and Coin World making the grade.

I will say this, no way you have too many coins to sell. I know how much I move in a year and other dealers do even more. Problem is you're learning what to do.
Another thing, PCGS and HA is about making money, you're just a contact, they don't care about the coin you might be sending, just as they don't care about mine. Be humble here, I do this for a living, and these companies don't wait on anyone, they do not think you or I, or our coins are special.

You don't even have to fill out paperwork for PCGS, they have an online submission, I did a video on how to use it as well. You can join just by choosing your tier and paying using a card or send them a check. You would then become one of thousands of members, hoping their coins get that special grade or attribution.

In addition to all of this, and I am a blunt, honest and often short speaking person here, but you will be dealing with income tax, sales tax, commission payments, submission fees, membership fees, dealing with customers and businesses, and if you're operating within city limits there's other issues, so hopefully you don't have a "weak" heart and are ready to work you heart out. Humble enough to learn and listen and not go into this thinking dealers are trying to take most of your money.

It's the reason dealers have to make so much. I can't make less than 20% on most items I sell, 30% is perfect for me. I don't even clear 15% after I pay my employees, expenses, taxes for the Feds, state and city.

BMTOKC
Coining Around

#5 Unread post by BMTOKC »

THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR TIPS. I AM A RETIRED 4TH GENERATION OKLAHOMA BUILDER, LAST ONE LEFT IN WHAT WAS A 126 YEAR OLD FAMILY BUSINESS THAT I HAD TO SHUT DOWN LAST YEAR FINALLY, BECAUSE I COULDN'T FIND ANY, ANY, QUALIFIED SKILLED CRAFTSMEN. I WORKED AT THAT AS CEO FOR 51 YEARS FULL TIME AND A FEW YEARS PART TIME BEFORE THAT. I DO NOT WISH TO BECOME A COIN DEALER NOR COMPETE WITH YOU OR YOUR PEERS. I APPRECIATE YOUR STYLE OF CANDOR AND HAVE HAD TO BE THE SAME WAY FOR DECADES. BESIDES A FEW COINS OF MY OWN FROM STORAGE UNITS, MY BEST FRIEND CLAIMS HE IS A COIN COLLECTOR BUT I ALSO INHERITED OF SORTS A YUGE COLLECTION OF FOREIGN COINS (OVER 2,000) SOME FROM COUNTRIES I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF AND A FEW PIECES OF F. CURRENCY. IT TOOK ME ALMOST TWO WEEKS TO SORT THE F. COINS BY COUNTRY. I HAVE HAD TO LEARN SEVERAL VERSIONS OF ASIAN SCRIPT TO BE ABLE TO FIGURE THE DATES OF SOME OF THOSE COINS. A DEAR FRIEND OF MINE OLDER THAN ME, AND I AM OLDER THAN DIRT, I AM TRYING TO HELP TURN THE MORGANS AND GOLD COINS INTO CASH HE CAN GIVE HIS DAUGHTERS.

THANKS FOR THE ONLINE SUBMISSION IDEA TO PCGS. I'LL SEARCH FOR THAT VIDEO. SOUNDS LIKE THAT COULD SAVE ME LOTS OF TIME, AGGRAVATION, PAPERWORK, AND MONEY.

HA HAS BEEN A LITTLE RESPECTFUL TOWARDS ME. I JUST LEANRED I NEED TO SUBMIT COINS VIA EMAIL TO THEM ONE AT A TIME. I AM ALSO WORKING ON A FEW BOTTLES OF WINE AND MAYBE A BOTTLE OF SPIRITS MAYBE WORTH 8200.00 THEY CAN'T HELP WITH. ESTATE FINDS. THEY CAN DO WINE, BUT CAN'T DO SPIRITS.

ANYWAY, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AND VIDEOS.

LOVE YA MAN.

BRAD

LOL, YOU CAN CALL ME aardvark.

Iceresistance
Coin Expert

#6 Unread post by Iceresistance »

Strong language is not recommended here, I don't know if there is a policy against that, but it's strongly discouraged.

Either way, it's good to have another Oklahoman member here. (You came to the right place considering the amount of coins you inherited, I'm next in line to inherit my Grandmother's coin collection)
You are never too old to learn something new

Earle42
Administrator
Administrator

#7 Unread post by Earle42 »

Here is something to help with understanding grading coins.

Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for life. Here is some beginners fishing tackle. Its worth your time to read.

Following is info concerning the actual nature of grading companies that can help people make better educated decisions.😊

Thinking of Slabbing? Make sure you understand the Facts...or You Could Lose Money.

1. The grading companies are not a way that the majority of people, even those with a great deal of experience who know what they are doing, are going to be able to use in order to make huge personal profits. Many people start using grading companies thinking they will find a way to finance their hobby, but they learn a hard lesson quickly.

2. Watch some of Daniel's videos where he gets pieces back from the grading companies. Note even people who live, eat, breath, and deal coins for a living (like Daniel) can accurately predict what grade the companies will give. And...the "fault" (not really a fault) is in a widespread mistaken perception people get from being exposed to all the slabs being sold nowadays.

Coin grading companies are a business out to make a profit - this is why they exist. They use a system where allegedly three, but in reality its normally two graders look at each coin and give an opinion. The company videos showing the process make you believe this is a relaxed paced process of studying each coin. In fact one PCGS video shows a number of guys sitting around a table discussing what they think a specific coin should be graded as (on youtube somewhere - sorry no link). Uh uh.

If you take a PCGS graded coin slabbed as MS64, break it out, and resubmit it to PCGS, you are never guaranteed the same grade again. The slabbed coin might come back MS62 (extreme and a bad day for graders), 63, 64, 65, 66 (extreme and a great day for you!). This is b/c the process is all subjective: No scientific/verifiable standards or methods are used. Personally having talked with former graders (granted - its been awhile), the process is very rushed since they told me graders are paid by how many coins they can get through in a day.

But..this is all hearsay without proof. So...
Grading the Coin Graders

Here is another good read from someone there at the start of the grading companies:
Hobby negative impacts from slabbing companies

3. People also seem to think grading companies will examine a coin to see if they can find an error and then slab it as such. But again, they ONLY GRADE coins. The companies will NOT try to find and ID an error for you. You must FIRST ID the error yourself, CHECK to see if the company you want to use recognizes that specific error, PAY them to verify the error on the label, and then you may or may not actually get what you pay for! The companies have a bad reputation for attributing errors correctly.

Link to and read (download if you want it) the pdf link in my signature as an eye opening example.

The verifiable data presented shows trusting people have spent thousands of dollars on many slabbed coins that are not what the companies claims/slabbed the coins to be.

You don't have to throw in the towel over these companies...but education about the reality of them will put you on the right pathway to dealing with them in a legit way without losing money in the process.

And…if you just like to collect slabbed coins for what they are, which makes losing/making money from slabs irrelevant, then of course enjoy them!" 😊
Common grading company shortcomings & resulting co$tly mi$take$ to collectors (using Kennedy No FG halves):
https://tinyurl.com/y7rksxu8

How much squash would a sasquatch squash if a sasquatch would squash squash?

BMTOKC
Coining Around

#8 Unread post by BMTOKC »

THANKS FOR YOUR TIPS SO FAR AS WELL. I AM NOT A VULGAR PERSON, BUT LIKE DANIEL, I AM VERY BLUNT. HAD TO LEARN TO BE WITH BACK IN THE DAY 300 UNION EMPLOYEES OF ALL TRADES. I WAS AND USE SELF DEPRECATING HUMOR (HUMILITY) WHEN I TOLD D. HE COULD CALL ME A...........I ACTUALLY CONSIDER IT A SIGN OF RESPECT, LOL.

I AM NOT INTERESTED IN COLLECTING ANYTHING INCLUDING COINS. I DO HAVE THE CHALLENGE OVER THE NEXT 80 YEARS OF GETTING A FAIR PRICE FOR MY FRIENDS WHO ARE OLDER THAN ME, LOL. I HAVE MY FAMILY'S DT OKC CONSTRUCTION WAREHOUSE, 40K FEET OF STORAGE, FULL OF LEFTOVERS FROM THE BUSINESS, 40 STORAGE UNITS I STARTED BUYING AS A HOBBY IN 2018, THESE COINS, AND NOW ITEMS FROM MY FAMILY FRIENDS BROTHERS ESTATE, WHO WAS A MULTI MILLIONAIRE, NEVER MARRIED, NO KIDS, A WORLD TRAVELER, A LFETIME FEDERAL METEOROLOGIST, WHO HAS DONE 2 YEAR STINTS FOR THE FEDS ALL OVER THE WORLD, INCLUDING ANTARCTICA, AUSTRALIA, NEW ZEALAND, CHINA, TAIWAN, ALL OVER EUROPE AND SOME IN S. AMERICA. I GUESS THIS IS WHERE HE COLLECTED ALL THE FOREIGN COINS.

ANYWAY, EVERYBODY HAVE GREAT WEEKEND, BE SAFE, AND HEY, HE'S NOT VERY PRETTY, BUT KEEP WATCHING DANIEL'S VIDEOS.

LOL, A.

Iceresistance
Coin Expert

#9 Unread post by Iceresistance »

BMTOKC wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:37 am THANKS FOR YOUR TIPS SO FAR AS WELL. I AM NOT A VULGAR PERSON, BUT LIKE DANIEL, I AM VERY BLUNT. HAD TO LEARN TO BE WITH BACK IN THE DAY 300 UNION EMPLOYEES OF ALL TRADES. I WAS AND USE SELF DEPRECATING HUMOR (HUMILITY) WHEN I TOLD D. HE COULD CALL ME A...........I ACTUALLY CONSIDER IT A SIGN OF RESPECT, LOL.

I AM NOT INTERESTED IN COLLECTING ANYTHING INCLUDING COINS. I DO HAVE THE CHALLENGE OVER THE NEXT 80 YEARS OF GETTING A FAIR PRICE FOR MY FRIENDS WHO ARE OLDER THAN ME, LOL. I HAVE MY FAMILY'S DT OKC CONSTRUCTION WAREHOUSE, 40K FEET OF STORAGE, FULL OF LEFTOVERS FROM THE BUSINESS, 40 STORAGE UNITS I STARTED BUYING AS A HOBBY IN 2018, THESE COINS, AND NOW ITEMS FROM MY FAMILY FRIENDS BROTHERS ESTATE, WHO WAS A MULTI MILLIONAIRE, NEVER MARRIED, NO KIDS, A WORLD TRAVELER, A LFETIME FEDERAL METEOROLOGIST, WHO HAS DONE 2 YEAR STINTS FOR THE FEDS ALL OVER THE WORLD, INCLUDING ANTARCTICA, AUSTRALIA, NEW ZEALAND, CHINA, TAIWAN, ALL OVER EUROPE AND SOME IN S. AMERICA. I GUESS THIS IS WHERE HE COLLECTED ALL THE FOREIGN COINS.

ANYWAY, EVERYBODY HAVE GREAT WEEKEND, BE SAFE, AND HEY, HE'S NOT VERY PRETTY, BUT KEEP WATCHING DANIEL'S VIDEOS.

LOL, A.
That is extremely interesting! I'm very curious to see what they look like.
You are never too old to learn something new

BMTOKC
Coining Around

#10 Unread post by BMTOKC »

Lol. I'll have ta figir out a way to do dat. Took me 4 hours a day over 2 weeks just ta sort 'em by country. I have them bagged up and tell ya the truth, I was so worn out, I put 'em up for now. I had maybe 30-50 pieces of currency, from Various Asian Yuans, New Zealand dollars, Bahamian Dollars, Euros, Indonesia, Riyals. Colones, Wu Jiaos, & Cruzeiros. lol. It is a little interesting. The coins will be a yuge project. I have sold a few Euros. Got a long long way to go.

Stay in touch. I may post a note or check back.

Can I Post the name of my 2 ebay stores here?