2015 lincoln shield DDO & DDR....OK BOYS TAKE ME TO SCHOOL

Ask a question or post your most recent discovery.

Moderator: Daniel

Forum rules
Here's a link to how to post a topic with images in our community https://coinauctionshelp.com/welcome-to ... community/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You also agree to follow these guidelines. You must agree to these rules to be a member of this forum. NO SPAM! Spam is deleted within minutes, no spam will ever be left in our community.

1. Post a front and back image of your coin with a specific question about what you’re seeing or asking about and one coin per topic.

2. Please remove coin from the holder unless it’s US or an official mint case or unless it is graded by a grading service.

3. Images should be taken by a camera or cell phone camera, we ask that members don’t use images through a microscope screen.

4. Always start your own topic, please don’t ask about your coin or post your coin in someone else’s coin topic.

5. Do not send private messages about your coin unless an Admin ask you too and the same for sending emails through the board.

6. No spam. Do not post any links to your coin or other non-coin websites.

7. Always be respectful even if something makes you upset or you don’t agree with a member. You can always get a second opinion elsewhere. If you have an issue then politely ask an admin in an PM. PM’s are for issues, technical and personal, but not for coin questions (refer to number 5 on this list). Our community is not a soap box for complaining or drama, so please refrain from doing so here.[/size]
JOHNBOY38
Coin Collector

2015 lincoln shield DDO & DDR....OK BOYS TAKE ME TO SCHOOL

#1 Unread post by JOHNBOY38 »

Ok for this one I searched for a couple hours and could not find one like it ....so this is what I came up.with it's a 2015 DDO & DDR the grade is around a vf and value I have no clue !... this is all based on if it is even what I say it is..

please correct me if I'm wrong, thank you
Attachments
20210620_065851~2.jpg
20210620_065928~2.jpg
20210620_070602~2.jpg
20210620_065824.jpg

Paul
Master Die Variety Examiner
Master Die Variety Examiner

Re: 2015 lincoln shield DDO & DDR....OK BOYS TAKE ME TO SCHOOL

#2 Unread post by Paul »

You will need to point out what you are seeing in your images, & give a brief description of what you are looking at
C.O.N.E.C.A. Wi State Rep
Fly-In Club Wi State Rep

Earle42
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Unread post by Earle42 »

If you spend some time at varietyvista.com, error-ref.com, conecaonline.org (other sites also out there), you can find pictures of actual errors such as doubled dies. Studying these will aid you in determining what collectable doubling is vs. things like die deterioration doubling and machine doubling - which are common.
Common grading company shortcomings & resulting co$tly mi$take$ to collectors (using Kennedy No FG halves):
https://tinyurl.com/y7rksxu8

How much squash would a sasquatch squash if a sasquatch would squash squash?

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Unread post by Daniel »

In addition, 99% of the time, when you can't find it then it's not a doubled die.

JOHNBOY38
Coin Collector

#5 Unread post by JOHNBOY38 »

....@Paul will do next time...thank you
....@Earle42 I will do just that before I post another coin ....thank you
....@Daniel got it thanks for the advise ...thank you all for your time and patience with me, I'm absorbing all this knowledge so one day I too can be as good as you guys.... THANK YOU ALL!!

Earle42
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Unread post by Earle42 »

Keep at it Johnboy...we all are still learning :)
Common grading company shortcomings & resulting co$tly mi$take$ to collectors (using Kennedy No FG halves):
https://tinyurl.com/y7rksxu8

How much squash would a sasquatch squash if a sasquatch would squash squash?