2021 P Crossing The Delaware Quarter Varieties and Errors

Ask a question or post your most recent discovery.

Moderator: Daniel

Forum rules
Here's a link to how to post a topic with images in our community https://coinauctionshelp.com/welcome-to ... community/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You also agree to follow these guidelines. You must agree to these rules to be a member of this forum. NO SPAM! Spam is deleted within minutes, no spam will ever be left in our community.

1. Post a front and back image of your coin with a specific question about what you’re seeing or asking about and one coin per topic.

2. Please remove coin from the holder unless it’s US or an official mint case or unless it is graded by a grading service.

3. Images should be taken by a camera or cell phone camera, we ask that members don’t use images through a microscope screen.

4. Always start your own topic, please don’t ask about your coin or post your coin in someone else’s coin topic.

5. Do not send private messages about your coin unless an Admin ask you too and the same for sending emails through the board.

6. No spam. Do not post any links to your coin or other non-coin websites.

7. Always be respectful even if something makes you upset or you don’t agree with a member. You can always get a second opinion elsewhere. If you have an issue then politely ask an admin in an PM. PM’s are for issues, technical and personal, but not for coin questions (refer to number 5 on this list). Our community is not a soap box for complaining or drama, so please refrain from doing so here.[/size]
Jlynn8523
Coinasieur

2021 P Crossing The Delaware Quarter Varieties and Errors

#1 Unread post by Jlynn8523 »

I have searched the community, YouTube, variety Vista, and even tried googling it, but I cannot find the listing for Errors and Varieties for the 2021 P Crossing The Delaware! I am trying to learn and love using some of the stuff that you guys have given me to cross reference my coins to the noun errors. But I am not able to cross reference a possible DDR on this quarter! Hopefully I’m not just overlooking it but a little bit about the coin I have in question! On the reverse side of the quarter there is a man at the front of the boat with what appears to be an oar in his hand at the bottom of his coat and on his left leg I have found possible doubling that I have not found on other Philadelphia minted Crossing The Delaware Quarters! I have tried to take the best pictures and have a few more if needed on my computer. If anyone knows where to find the varieties and Errors For this quarter please let me know. And if I could get an expert opinion on what I possibly have found I would greatly appreciate it!
Attachments
EBF9CC2E-9E59-4878-9E87-6213EA099A15.jpeg
78631C6B-AAD1-4FE0-9764-D69EECE2E8E4.jpeg
0480D201-08E8-4E0F-84C9-B0602EFA6860.jpeg
A1035220-BFA1-4B8C-B712-3AEED315FF4E.jpeg
B59A3323-A325-4BFE-A24D-B314ED0B863D.jpeg
F80685BD-554C-4EEC-B7FC-9B8B009C728C.jpeg
38CB84EB-CC2B-43BD-9FE9-F60FFA052C19.jpeg
INDIANA’S BIG BASS HUNTER
COIN COLLECTOR FOR 4 YEARS
FATHER OF THE FIRST EVER BOY NAMED CALIBER!

Paul
Master Die Variety Examiner

Re: 2021 P Crossing The Delaware Quarter Varieties and Errors

#2 Unread post by Paul »

Is this part of the actual intended design?
These users thanked the author Paul for the post:
Jlynn8523
Rating: 3.03%

C.O.N.E.C.A. Wi State Rep
Fly-In Club Wi State Rep

Jlynn8523
Coinasieur

#3 Unread post by Jlynn8523 »

I have at least 10 of them in front of me and none of them has the type of lines that I am seeing! Also on Google images none of the reverses of the quarters pictured have what appears to be the opening of the coat Or double line on the leg

Jlynn8523
Coinasieur

#4 Unread post by Jlynn8523 »

From what I can tell It looks as if the original design has one thick solid line making up the bottom of the coat But I don’t know for sure other than what I’m seeing in front of me and online I even went as far as checking in the US mint To see if I could find some thing!

Jlynn8523
Coinasieur

#5 Unread post by Jlynn8523 »

And now that I have viewed the images from the US mint my coin appears that his coat is open with under clothes exposed but in the images that I see online and from the mint it appears that the coat Is all one piece without an opening at all down the middle or on the bottom Kinda like a dress

Earle42
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Unread post by Earle42 »

Admittedly I am not familiar enough with any 2021 quarter design and this one is new enough that there most likely have not been enough reports from collectors about errors being found. I have not seen any in hand (admittedly after the state series interest in a new design every time the mint director sneezed made me lose interest).

Your picture makes me NOT think of machine doubling though. If this is MD, the "shelf" outside the leg and shin area is not the same size as the inside area of the coat. I guess it could have been some sort of rotational MD making this, but my gut, form the pics, says it could be legit doubling.

It might be good or Paul to see this one in hand unless he suggests otherwise.
These users thanked the author Earle42 for the post:
Jlynn8523

Common grading company shortcomings & resulting co$tly mi$take$ to collectors (using Kennedy No FG halves):
https://tinyurl.com/y7rksxu8

How much squash would a sasquatch squash if a sasquatch would squash squash?

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#7 Unread post by Daniel »

Looks strike doubled.
These users thanked the author Daniel for the post:
Jlynn8523

Jlynn8523
Coinasieur

#8 Unread post by Jlynn8523 »

OK on varietyvista.com down at the bottom it says that if you don’t see your particular coin error or variety that you could send it in and have it examined by I guess the person that runs the site! Is that something I should do I’m so new to the coin collecting world that I don’t even know where you would go from here or if strike doubling Is a good thing! I am obviously learning because I’m asking questions and not just assuming anymore!

Jlynn8523
Coinasieur

#9 Unread post by Jlynn8523 »

If an examination by Paul should be done please let me know! And I can get it sent out ASAP!

Earle42
Administrator
Administrator

#10 Unread post by Earle42 »

Just contact him and see what he thinks. I just cannot tell for sure from the pics.
These users thanked the author Earle42 for the post:
Jlynn8523

Common grading company shortcomings & resulting co$tly mi$take$ to collectors (using Kennedy No FG halves):
https://tinyurl.com/y7rksxu8

How much squash would a sasquatch squash if a sasquatch would squash squash?

Paul

#11 Unread post by Paul »

Jlynn8523 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:15 pm If an examination by Paul should be done please let me know! And I can get it sent out ASAP!
Please check your private mail
C.O.N.E.C.A. Wi State Rep
Fly-In Club Wi State Rep