ok so 1958 no ddo is this 1969 s

Ask a question or post your most recent discovery.

Moderator: Daniel

Forum rules
Here's a link to how to post a topic with images in our community https://coinauctionshelp.com/welcome-to ... community/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You also agree to follow these guidelines. You must agree to these rules to be a member of this forum. NO SPAM! Spam is deleted within minutes, no spam will ever be left in our community.

1. Post a front and back image of your coin with a specific question about what you’re seeing or asking about and one coin per topic.

2. Please remove coin from the holder unless it’s US or an official mint case or unless it is graded by a grading service.

3. Images should be taken by a camera or cell phone camera, we ask that members don’t use images through a microscope screen.

4. Always start your own topic, please don’t ask about your coin or post your coin in someone else’s coin topic.

5. Do not send private messages about your coin unless an Admin ask you too and the same for sending emails through the board.

6. No spam. Do not post any links to your coin or other non-coin websites.

7. Always be respectful even if something makes you upset or you don’t agree with a member. You can always get a second opinion elsewhere. If you have an issue then politely ask an admin in an PM. PM’s are for issues, technical and personal, but not for coin questions (refer to number 5 on this list). Our community is not a soap box for complaining or drama, so please refrain from doing so here.[/size]
Spencerj72
Coining Around

ok so 1958 no ddo is this 1969 s

#1 Unread post by Spencerj72 »

daniel you said keep looking i went to store and got this in my changer is this a ddo?
Attachments
IMG_001.JPG
IMG_002.JPG
IMG_003.JPG
IMG_004.JPG
IMG_005.JPG
IMG_006.JPG
IMG_007.JPG
IMG_008.JPG

USSID18

Re: ok so 1958 no ddo is this 1969 s

#2 Unread post by USSID18 »

No, but you're looking in the right place. It's machine doubling. Like Daniel said; keep looking.

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Unread post by Daniel »

No, not a DDO. If you really study each letter and number and compare an actual doubled die, like I do in my video, you will learn the difference.

Spencerj72
Coining Around

This 1969 s has me turned around please help describe the MD you see

#4 Unread post by Spencerj72 »

ok Daniel i watched your videos again and underestand the process so please help me to understand what it is im seeing because im seeing the same thing you drew and if daniel Hasnt time please someone else
ok so clearly there double and seperate 1s the 9s and 6 are clearly split on the ends serifs split atop the other end liberty is as crazy as it should be while the mint mark isnt doubled all as you described in the videos please and thank you
Attachments
IMG_009.JPG
IMG_010.JPG
IMG_011.JPG
IMG_012.JPG
IMG_013.JPG
IMG_014.JPG
IMG_015.JPG
IMG_016.JPG

JTCC
Coin Guru

#5 Unread post by JTCC »

I agree with USSID18 and Daniel. This is a clear case of machine doubling. Worth 1 cent.
These users thanked the author JTCC for the post:
Spencerj72
Rating: 3.03%

U.S. cent lover!

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Unread post by Daniel »

That is not the doubled die I show in my video at all it's MD.