2019 River of no Return "Erie cool story" probably just grease in the die

Ask a question or post your most recent discovery.

Moderator: Daniel

Forum rules
Here's a link to how to post a topic with images in our community https://coinauctionshelp.com/welcome-to ... community/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You also agree to follow these guidelines. You must agree to these rules to be a member of this forum. NO SPAM! Spam is deleted within minutes, no spam will ever be left in our community.

1. Post a front and back image of your coin with a specific question about what you’re seeing or asking about and one coin per topic.

2. Please remove coin from the holder unless it’s US or an official mint case or unless it is graded by a grading service.

3. Images should be taken by a camera or cell phone camera, we ask that members don’t use images through a microscope screen.

4. Always start your own topic, please don’t ask about your coin or post your coin in someone else’s coin topic.

5. Do not send private messages about your coin unless an Admin ask you too and the same for sending emails through the board.

6. No spam. Do not post any links to your coin or other non-coin websites.

7. Always be respectful even if something makes you upset or you don’t agree with a member. You can always get a second opinion elsewhere. If you have an issue then politely ask an admin in an PM. PM’s are for issues, technical and personal, but not for coin questions (refer to number 5 on this list). Our community is not a soap box for complaining or drama, so please refrain from doing so here.[/size]
JonC
Coin Collector

2019 River of no Return "Erie cool story" probably just grease in the die

#1 Unread post by JonC »

Just wanted to show this one off a little. Its probably nothing error wise. I looked closely for some doubling but just not real sure. Either way I know the rear was the last coin in a roll from the circular scratches ---- See guys I am learning----lol.

Here is the interesting thing..... its in part a story.... If you all remember this coin was issued on November 5th 2019 if I remember correctly. In November the plandemic..... oh I mean pandemic or bettern known as Covid 19 became newsworthy. When I found this coin I noticed something unique..... the man in the boat appeared to be wearing a "mask" AND the title of the coin is The River of No Return. Erie to say the least and sent chills through my body as in the USA no one was wearing mask at the time of this coins issue. Then if you think about it in 2020 we got the quarter with what on the back? A Bat! What!!!! Crazy.

So take a look at the rear of this coin. I am posting a full pics and some close ups. As far as errors go??? Just not sure. I think it had some grease in the die. But I could be wrong. The trees and some other areas look bigger than normal. Anyway, eventually I am going to put this coin along side of a good quality 2020 BAT coin (LOL). Ill have to give the coins a name. Something like "YOU CANT MAKE THIS CRAP UP COINS"!! Just got to laugh and enjoy the ride. Thanks for you guys help... I have shifted my attitude and not trying as hard. Just enjoying the hobby. So here it is. Just Weird.
Attachments
2019 D.jpg
2019 D Front.jpg
2019 D Mask Up.jpg
2019 D Mask.jpg

Triple C
Coin Wizz

Re: 2019 River of no Return "Erie cool story" probably just grease in the die

#2 Unread post by Triple C »

What are the odds! Thanks for sharing
These users thanked the author Triple C for the post:
JonC
Rating: 3.03%

Earle42
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Unread post by Earle42 »

Forgive me if the following seems picky...but I am from the Erie, PA area. Erie is not quite bad enough of a city to use its spelling for the word "eerie..." but close

"Plandemic" is the more reasonable spelling though in this case 😄
Anyone else note how the installed regime keeps saying something about the "next one?" If that is not planning, I do not know what is.

Anyway...love the mask!
These users thanked the author Earle42 for the post:
JonC

Common grading company shortcomings & resulting co$tly mi$take$ to collectors (using Kennedy No FG halves):
https://tinyurl.com/y7rksxu8

How much squash would a sasquatch squash if a sasquatch would squash squash?

JonC
Coin Collector

#4 Unread post by JonC »

Thank you. Made me laugh. Sorry about the spelling and No worries I can take it. Erie I am sure is an amazing place. Never been there. Got to put it on the travel bucket list. Thanks for the comments. I do appreciate it. In this crazy world we all need to love and laugh more. And in the grand scheme of things all we have is each other. Community, Family, friends, and the good lord above. It’s all we need.

Earle42
Administrator
Administrator

#5 Unread post by Earle42 »

Just remember Erie can easily (and regularly does) have a 6 month winter with snow on the ground (specifically in outlying areas where the high pressure over the lake is not present). People don't typically need or use chains on their tires b/c they are just used to putting up with it and are pretty much OK. In the outlying areas people can, and do, use snow mobiles on the roads.
Erie is in the Lake Erie Snow Belt and typically get what Buffalo NY does (which is always in the news for it). It really is an Alaska-type environment. Growing up they always, on the news, compared us with Juneau Alaska, and an awful lot of the time we were the same or pretty close.
These users thanked the author Earle42 for the post:
JonC

Common grading company shortcomings & resulting co$tly mi$take$ to collectors (using Kennedy No FG halves):
https://tinyurl.com/y7rksxu8

How much squash would a sasquatch squash if a sasquatch would squash squash?