1972 D DDO?

Ask a question or post your most recent discovery.

Moderator: Daniel

Forum rules
Here's a link to how to post a topic with images in our community https://coinauctionshelp.com/welcome-to ... community/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You also agree to follow these guidelines. You must agree to these rules to be a member of this forum. NO SPAM! Spam is deleted within minutes, no spam will ever be left in our community.

1. Post a front and back image of your coin with a specific question about what you’re seeing or asking about and one coin per topic.

2. Please remove coin from the holder unless it’s US or an official mint case or unless it is graded by a grading service.

3. Images should be taken by a camera or cell phone camera, we ask that members don’t use images through a microscope screen.

4. Always start your own topic, please don’t ask about your coin or post your coin in someone else’s coin topic.

5. Do not send private messages about your coin unless an Admin ask you too and the same for sending emails through the board.

6. No spam. Do not post any links to your coin or other non-coin websites.

7. Always be respectful even if something makes you upset or you don’t agree with a member. You can always get a second opinion elsewhere. If you have an issue then politely ask an admin in an PM. PM’s are for issues, technical and personal, but not for coin questions (refer to number 5 on this list). Our community is not a soap box for complaining or drama, so please refrain from doing so here.[/size]
Water_and_Dirt

1972 D DDO?

#1 Unread post by Water_and_Dirt »

Ok guys if this isn't a double die , I'm throwing the towel 😐 , 🌚🤭 jk I'll be here bugging still , but for real help please 🤙 I know Paul told me not to coin and drink 🍻 but come on is a long weekend 🥴🍺

Chris G.
Attachments
PICA0003~2.jpg
PICA0007.jpg
PICA0006.jpg
PICA0008.jpg
PICA0009.jpg
PICA0001.jpg
PICA0005.jpg
PICA0004.jpg
IMG_20210905_202218240_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210905_202252805_HDR.jpg

SensibleSal66
Coin Master

Re: 1972 D DDO?

#2 Unread post by SensibleSal66 »

Hello. I looked at a few high graded MS 1972D DDO ( Doubled die NOT DOUBLE Die) . I did't see anything here that resembles the examples. I'm guessing Machine doubling .
Member of CONECA
" All replies are my opinion based on experience"
Casual Collector 40+ years , 10 years Error coins ( still learning).

Paul
Master Die Variety Examiner

#3 Unread post by Paul »

What you're seeing here appears to be die deterioration in the motto.

Your 1st image is interesting, that little "Nubbin" off the top of the 2........ can you snap some more images of that please?
C.O.N.E.C.A. Wi State Rep
Fly-In Club Wi State Rep

Water_and_Dirt

#4 Unread post by Water_and_Dirt »

Paul wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:31 am What you're seeing here appears to be die deterioration in the motto.

Your 1st image is interesting, that little "Nubbin" off the top of the 2........ can you snap some more images of that please?

I couldn't find this on any varieties double die examples , but I do believe that this is different than the bunch of other than I've been asking here , I understand that is difficult to start a new year doubling variety since I only have this sample , is this right? , plus is a nice grade coin I believe , Let me know what you think about this other pictures thanks

Chris G.
Attachments
PICA0017~2.jpg
PICA0023~3.jpg
PICA0023~2.jpg
PICA0019~2.jpg
PICA0023.jpg
PICA0024.jpg
PICA0017.jpg
PICA0016.jpg

Water_and_Dirt

#5 Unread post by Water_and_Dirt »

Paul wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:31 am What you're seeing here appears to be die deterioration in the motto.

Attachments
PICA0024.jpg

Paul

#6 Unread post by Paul »

Die state please?
C.O.N.E.C.A. Wi State Rep
Fly-In Club Wi State Rep

Water_and_Dirt

#7 Unread post by Water_and_Dirt »

Paul wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:08 pm Die state please?
Die State?

Clint W
Coinasieur

#8 Unread post by Clint W »

That 2 was the first thing that caught my eye as well. The I and N also caught my eye.
USAF Retired 1995-2018
Fairly new to collecting

Clint W
Coinasieur

#9 Unread post by Clint W »

USAF Retired 1995-2018
Fairly new to collecting

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#10 Unread post by Daniel »

Looking too close to the coin, but this does appear to have some master hub doubled die but these are so common and so numerous for this date that it's very common. Some are nearly imperceptible.

Water_and_Dirt

#11 Unread post by Water_and_Dirt »

Daniel wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:44 pm Looking too close to the coin, but this does appear to have some master hub doubled die but these are so common and so numerous for this date that it's very common. Some are nearly imperceptible.
I just don't want to post it for sale and don't want to claim any wrong information , I'm a seller not much of a collector but I don't have a specific item I sell in particular , so if I can sell a penny for five cents I will do it all day , I just don't like to deal with returns or issues like that because time is $ and ebay loves to play that with us the sellers , but if you guys the experts say it is I'm fine with it , I know it could be very light but if there's a buyer for it I'll be there getting that 🍞 lol thanks again

Chris G.

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#12 Unread post by Daniel »

You don't need to be selling any coin until you understand the minting process and how to ID errors and varieties.

Water_and_Dirt

#13 Unread post by Water_and_Dirt »

Daniel wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:40 am You don't need to be selling any coin until you understand the minting process and how to ID errors and varieties.
Tell me where or how can I learn the complete minting process? Because that's why I always ask you guys before selling anything , the thing is that I don't understand why you guys got upset for the price I list a coin for?

Iceresistance
Coin Expert

#14 Unread post by Iceresistance »

Water_and_Dirt wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:49 am
Daniel wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:40 am You don't need to be selling any coin until you understand the minting process and how to ID errors and varieties.
Tell me where or how can I learn the complete minting process? Because that's why I always ask you guys before selling anything , the thing is that I don't understand why you guys got upset for the price I list a coin for?
It's a fraud type price! I've seen many people ask for THOUSANDS of Dollars on a normal circulating coin!
You are never too old to learn something new

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#15 Unread post by Daniel »

It's etsy pricing on a coin you don't have any idea what it is. User was banned from this forum.
These users thanked the author Daniel for the post:
JTCC
Rating: 3.03%