This is whats wrong with YouTube.

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, POST IT HERE. Numismatic related posts only.

Moderator: Daniel

Forum rules
Here's a link to how to post a topic with images in our community https://coinauctionshelp.com/welcome-to ... community/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You also agree to follow these guidelines. You must agree to these rules to be a member of this forum. NO SPAM! Spam is deleted within minutes, no spam will ever be left in our community.

1. Post a front and back image of your coin with a specific question about what you’re seeing or asking about and one coin per topic.

2. Please remove coin from the holder unless it’s US or an official mint case or unless it is graded by a grading service.

3. Images should be taken by a camera or cell phone camera, we ask that members don’t use images through a microscope screen.

4. Always start your own topic, please don’t ask about your coin or post your coin in someone else’s coin topic.

5. Do not send private messages about your coin unless an Admin ask you too and the same for sending emails through the board.

6. No spam. Do not post any links to your coin or other non-coin websites.

7. Always be respectful even if something makes you upset or you don’t agree with a member. You can always get a second opinion elsewhere. If you have an issue then politely ask an admin in an PM. PM’s are for issues, technical and personal, but not for coin questions (refer to number 5 on this list). Our community is not a soap box for complaining or drama, so please refrain from doing so here.[/size]
pnwmakes
Coin Expert

This is whats wrong with YouTube.

#1 Unread post by pnwmakes »

This is what is wrong with YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg9cgT ... QyQtlbVoIw
Member of CONECA
Island Dweller
Former U.S. Navy

SensibleSal66
Coin Master

Re: This is whats wrong with YouTube.

#2 Unread post by SensibleSal66 »

Scammers... Scammers! Plain and simple........
Member of CONECA
" All replies are my opinion based on experience"
Casual Collector 40+ years , 10 years Error coins ( still learning).

JTCC
Coin Guru

#3 Unread post by JTCC »

:doh:
U.S. cent lover!

rrogers015
Coinasieur

#4 Unread post by rrogers015 »

Absolutely ridiculous. It’s sad that people fall for misinformation like this.

Nikki
Coining Around

#5 Unread post by Nikki »

I'm super new to collecting and very afraid I'm going to get scammed, but those videos are definitely crap. I don't know much about collecting yet, but luckily I can tell that channel is no good lol

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Unread post by Daniel »

I agree and looks like a coin posted here or somewhere else. I am positive I've seen this coin somewhere.

pnwmakes
Coin Expert

#7 Unread post by pnwmakes »

Yep we have seen this coin before.
Member of CONECA
Island Dweller
Former U.S. Navy

Paul
Master Die Variety Examiner
Master Die Variety Examiner

#8 Unread post by Paul »

:doh:
It's become so out-of-control, the GREEDINESS, I don't think there's much you can do anymore.
C.O.N.E.C.A. Wi State Rep
Fly-In Club Wi State Rep

Iceresistance
Coin Expert

#9 Unread post by Iceresistance »

pnwmakes wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:26 am This is what is wrong with YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg9cgT ... QyQtlbVoIw
It looks like that it has a LOT of misinformation and scams reported on their videos! :x

But, I've reported the channel. :twisted:

I don't believe there is anything wrong with YouTube, but they rely on the community to report channels that violate their policies, which is why they (The scammers, violators and bots) are trying to get away with everything! Even the Scambots that are everywhere are exploiting loopholes!
You are never too old to learn something new

DSCoins
Coin Guru

#10 Unread post by DSCoins »

Daniel wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:43 am I agree and looks like a coin posted here or somewhere else. I am positive I've seen this coin somewhere.
I have seen a lot of coins that were posted here show up in a few different places. They have gone from asking us about a coin (not liking the answer we gave), to sending it Coin World, only to receive the same answer we gave them. I have seen multiple coins go from here (after being told it is something with no added premium) to Ebay listing it as a rare variety/error coin, then sticking some cutesy name to it. The really funny or sad part is this person then lists between 4-10 coins being auctioned with the same thing on them. Now just how rare is that?
USN Retired Jun1977-Jun 1997/100% disabled VET. (Not a wounded warrior)
Member CONACA
ANA
PCGS
NGC
Finds to date
2000-P .05C Strong Clashed Die O/R PCGS # 14129072 photo at maddieclashes
1983-P DDR FS-01-1983-501
5 2000 WAM FS- 901

Earle42
Administrator
Administrator

#11 Unread post by Earle42 »

Online auctions have killed the meaning of the word "rare."
Common grading company shortcomings & resulting co$tly mi$take$ to collectors (using Kennedy No FG halves):
https://tinyurl.com/y7rksxu8

How much squash would a sasquatch squash if a sasquatch would squash squash?

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#12 Unread post by Daniel »

Same with so many people thinking they've found a rare 1964 SMS, if everyone did find one that argued with me they did, then they would be really common. Yet, not one has sent their coin off and got an SMS designation on their 1964 coin. You can't even do an accurate and instructional video on the subject, people still think they have one.

Earle42
Administrator
Administrator

#13 Unread post by Earle42 »

This attitude is in all walks of life and has only worsened since the public schools quit teaching personal responsibility, "evil" things like the 10 Commandments were taken out of schooling, and the terrible idea of training kids to use their ability to reason logically instead of programming them WHAT to think was implemented.

So many people seeing an educational video have no concept of how to use competent reasoning skills to make a legitimate assessment, have been taught that someone telling them they are mistaken means they are being personally attacked, and these same people also have been trained to just "know they are right" b/c...well...they saw (someplace) a coin "JUST" like the one they is worth a lot of money. So all the educational video was doing was trying to make them feel stupid, rip them off, and who cares about verifying any facts?

And I saw this happening, was a victim of it, as a student when I graduated from a public high school in 1980! Well, I understood it afterwards...a while afterwards.... So no wonder that mindset is prevalent today.

BTW - I am not saying there were not good public schools back then. But it would be a rare thing indeed today.
Common grading company shortcomings & resulting co$tly mi$take$ to collectors (using Kennedy No FG halves):

JayEff
Coin Collector

#14 Unread post by JayEff »

DSCoins wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:39 pm
Daniel wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:43 am I agree and looks like a coin posted here or somewhere else. I am positive I've seen this coin somewhere.
I have seen a lot of coins that were posted here show up in a few different places. They have gone from asking us about a coin (not liking the answer we gave), to sending it Coin World, only to receive the same answer we gave them. I have seen multiple coins go from here (after being told it is something with no added premium) to Ebay listing it as a rare variety/error coin, then sticking some cutesy name to it. The really funny or sad part is this person then lists between 4-10 coins being auctioned with the same thing on them. Now just how rare is that?
That is exactly what made me slow down and seek guidance on “errors” and such. The hype can be fun, but for inexperienced collectors it can mess with our heads.
If I see it on YouTube then find it in my change with little effort and THEN find another one, red flags start waving like crazy. While this may be fun to look for and collect, it obviously isn’t rare and the “value” will plummet once the hype dies down.

Earle42
Administrator
Administrator

#15 Unread post by Earle42 »

@JayEff

:thumbsup:

It's refreshing to see wisdom prevail in this day and age.

Iceresistance
Coin Expert

#16 Unread post by Iceresistance »

Just caught a TikToker on YouTube that is claiming that a normal-looking dime would buy you 2 Lambos!

Don't worry about it Y'all, I've reported him. :sunglasses:

Worldwide C
Coinasieur

#17 Unread post by Worldwide C »

Even the YouTube algorithm has some part with suggesting the videos because whenever I watch anything coin related there is always 1 or 2 in the suggestions section or in some cases a few rows down in the search results.

When I inspected the channel Coinhelpu featured in one of his videos recently I found out that 85-90% of the videos are US coins targeted at US viewers (and a minority of foreign collectors) and the rest is foreign coins targeted at new collectors in the UK, Australia, the European countries and the Philippines. With the rest being common coins from the Middle East and South America.

Well the channel in question must be reported for spreading misinformation which it has been doing since 2020 and I’ve seen many channels like this uploading content which is hurting the hobby, heck I saw one channel that’s been doing it since 2014!
Worldwide collection “collecting and documenting finds since 2019”.

Facts about me;
  • I have visited 12 countries so far.
  • I have actively hunted for coins in 5 of those countries (UK, France, Belgium, Netherlands and UAE.
  • Avid cat person.
  • I have a sense of dry humour.
  • History/Geography nerd.
  • Pretty good Chess player.

Iceresistance
Coin Expert

#18 Unread post by Iceresistance »

Worldwide C wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:44 pm Even the YouTube algorithm has some part with suggesting the videos because whenever I watch anything coin related there is always 1 or 2 in the suggestions section or in some cases a few rows down in the search results.

When I inspected the channel Coinhelpu featured in one of his videos recently I found out that 85-90% of the videos are US coins targeted at US viewers (and a minority of foreign collectors) and the rest is foreign coins targeted at new collectors in the UK, Australia, the European countries and the Philippines. With the rest being common coins from the Middle East and South America.

Well the channel in question must be reported for spreading misinformation which it has been doing since 2020 and I’ve seen many channels like this uploading content which is hurting the hobby, heck I saw one channel that’s been doing it since 2014!
I don't know how he has gotten away with it, I would like to report it because it's a scammer/misinformation!