$2 bill with an unknown autograph

Discuss or ask questions or posts paper currency topics. World currency is allowed as well.

Moderator: Daniel

Forum rules
Here's a link to how to post a topic with images in our community https://coinauctionshelp.com/welcome-to ... community/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You also agree to follow these guidelines. You must agree to these rules to be a member of this forum. NO SPAM! Spam is deleted within minutes, no spam will ever be left in our community.

1. Post a front and back image of your coin with a specific question about what you’re seeing or asking about and one coin per topic.

2. Please remove coin from the holder unless it’s US or an official mint case or unless it is graded by a grading service.

3. Images should be taken by a camera or cell phone camera, we ask that members don’t use images through a microscope screen.

4. Always start your own topic, please don’t ask about your coin or post your coin in someone else’s coin topic.

5. Do not send private messages about your coin unless an Admin ask you too and the same for sending emails through the board.

6. No spam. Do not post any links to your coin or other non-coin websites.

7. Always be respectful even if something makes you upset or you don’t agree with a member. You can always get a second opinion elsewhere. If you have an issue then politely ask an admin in an PM. PM’s are for issues, technical and personal, but not for coin questions (refer to number 5 on this list). Our community is not a soap box for complaining or drama, so please refrain from doing so here.[/size]
JMK2022
Coining Around

$2 bill with an unknown autograph

#1 Unread post by JMK2022 »

This is just of those things that came along, and I have no clue of its' origin, or the signers. It just fell into my lap, as a collector.

I don't expect anyone here would have any insight, but I thought I'd post it just in case there's a true sports hound in the group.

Joe
Attachments
Autographed $2 note
Autographed $2 note

SensibleSal66
Coin Master

Re: $2 bill with an unknown autograph

#2 Unread post by SensibleSal66 »

I noticed that they have a Number after their names. Maybe a Clue? A team perhaps? The 76ers ? LOL. It could happen.. :think: :?:
Member of CONECA
" All replies are my opinion based on experience"
Casual Collector 40+ years , 10 years Error coins ( still learning).

JMK2022
Coining Around

#3 Unread post by JMK2022 »

Hi Sal, yeah, I already tried that avenue, since I thought an "Oz #55" would jump out somewhere in the sports world. It could just be a local team somewhere.

JayEA
Coining Around

#4 Unread post by JayEA »

I think you may have some Tampa Bay Buccaneers Autographs, from 2000-2003.

Pretty sure #52 is Nate Webster.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/193313230299

Nearly certain that #55 is Derrick Brooks (HOF LB), just shortened. Loopy D and no significant line on the B.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/324696532047?c ... 2cb1160a3b

Both played for Tampa between 2000 and 2003. If that is DB's autograph, it's pretty cool.

pnwmakes
Coin Expert

#5 Unread post by pnwmakes »

JayEA wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:04 pm I think you may have some Tampa Bay Buccaneers Autographs, from 2000-2003.

Pretty sure #52 is Nate Webster.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/193313230299

Nearly certain that #55 is Derrick Brooks (HOF LB), just shortened. Loopy D and no significant line on the B.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/324696532047?c ... 2cb1160a3b

Both played for Tampa between 2000 and 2003. If that is DB's autograph, it's pretty cool.

sure looks like it kinda cool.
Member of CONECA
Island Dweller
Former U.S. Navy

JayEA
Coining Around

#6 Unread post by JayEA »

Assuming that these are all Buccaneers from the same team, signed at the same time.. the #34 is confusing.

#34 for the 2003 season was David Gibson. Can't find any examples/memorabilia for him.
if it was before 2003, #34 could be Dexter Jackson (SB 37 MVP). There are some oddities with that one though. From what I can tell, his autograph looks like a cursive "Dext J" with a checkmark for the rest of his last name. The D is kinda loopy done in one swoop it looks like. The autograph in the picture certainly had limited space, so maybe he shortened some stuff, like Brooks did?? The biggest distraction though is the "#" in the picture. The google images examples show that he didn't use the "#" sign. Google images is also saturated with his autograph after Jan 2003, because he signs "SB 37 MVP". Maybe this is his and it was an earlier career signature before January 2003 (so 2000-2002)?

Upper left I think is Shelton Quarles (MLB).
https://encoreselect.com/sheltonquarles ... 9v04HDMIuU
The script S looks dead on as well as the loopy weird "Q". The end looks like it could be a "53" which makes sense.

OK, figured it out.
the one between Dexter Jackson and Nate Webster is Reidel Anthony. https://www.ebay.com/itm/165774534455
The top line is his 1st name. The bottom mess with 2 parallel lines on the left is his last name, and "85" is intersected with the end of his last name on the right of the 2nd line.

That means, assuming this was signed all at the same time, it would have to have been 2000 or 2001. Reidel Anthony did not play for Tampa for the Super Bowl Season (2022 season). This also gives a little bit of believability to #34 being Dexter Jackson. This would be a pre-SB MVP autograph.

BTW, if it isn't obvious. I am, or was, a Bucs fan. :)

phew.

pnwmakes
Coin Expert

#7 Unread post by pnwmakes »

:text-goodpost: :text-thankyouyellow:
Member of CONECA
Island Dweller
Former U.S. Navy

JMK2022
Coining Around

#8 Unread post by JMK2022 »

Wow! Great information, guys (JayEA)! Yes, we did live in Lutz, FL, 20 miles North of Tampa, for a decade. I thought this bill came into my possession (earlier) while still living in CA, but I'm guessing I was mistaken. My brother is a Tampa veterinarian, and has known sevetal of the Bucs over his decades of living there, even having them over for parties. I'm guessing he gave me this bill way back then, after we moved to Tampa, in 2003. It all fits!

This will be a great starting point to pursue ID further, and my son (big Lightning's fan) still lives in St. Pete, so he may get a chance to nail it down, once and for all!

Thanks again!
Joe

JMK2022
Coining Around

#9 Unread post by JMK2022 »

@JayEA:

Score! I agree, Reidel Anthony!

Thanks again for helping ID my Bucs Bucks!

Joe
Attachments
20230618_142020(1).jpg