Fake St-Gaulden's come back

Ask a question or post your most recent discovery.

Moderator: Daniel

Forum rules
Here's a link to how to post a topic with images in our community https://coinauctionshelp.com/welcome-to ... community/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You also agree to follow these guidelines. You must agree to these rules to be a member of this forum. NO SPAM! Spam is deleted within minutes, no spam will ever be left in our community.

1. Post a front and back image of your coin with a specific question about what you’re seeing or asking about and one coin per topic.

2. Please remove coin from the holder unless it’s US or an official mint case or unless it is graded by a grading service.

3. Images should be taken by a camera or cell phone camera, we ask that members don’t use images through a microscope screen.

4. Always start your own topic, please don’t ask about your coin or post your coin in someone else’s coin topic.

5. Do not send private messages about your coin unless an Admin ask you too and the same for sending emails through the board.

6. No spam. Do not post any links to your coin or other non-coin websites.

7. Always be respectful even if something makes you upset or you don’t agree with a member. You can always get a second opinion elsewhere. If you have an issue then politely ask an admin in an PM. PM’s are for issues, technical and personal, but not for coin questions (refer to number 5 on this list). Our community is not a soap box for complaining or drama, so please refrain from doing so here.[/size]
silviosi
Coin Wizz

Fake St-Gaulden's come back

#1 Unread post by silviosi »

I relax on E-Bay Last night and look for St-Gaulden's I find amazing almost half of 1924, 1926, 1927 and 1928 fake. I want you to be aware of. Many are in slabs before 2014. First time I see those was an 1927 somewhere in 2013 end or begin of 2014. The coin was summited to PCGS for reclassification to PL. Some how the coin was questioned and go to Reserve Law Enforcement and come to my Lab. My report was clear FAKE. I give you a small photo and the big line to detect:
1. The back of the design is PL which never was on those coins.
2. The E as per photo. Same was use in 24,26,27 and 28 Strikes
I do not take no ID from eBay, not interested to download this scrap. Here the fake coin look are:
Sorry I can not publish my report, I am not the owner. Maybe PCGS, ANACS or NGC has more material on. Sorry I was do because many peoples go for those and will be an disappointed time to come.

The relief is lower, rim tool marks everywhere, also the letters have minuscule changes and orientations.

I do not doubt to day to grading companies are not aware. The big move with those was around 1974 1975. Do not understand me wrong. No TPG will certify those to day. Impossible. What was in time was in time and it is History. The problem is the selling platforms not TPG's LOL.

Be aware and maybe one day DANIEL will made a Video for.
Attachments
ST- Rev_FAKE.jpeg
ST-OBS_FAKE.jpeg
1928 Saint-Gaudens $20_closeup.jpg
These users thanked the author silviosi for the post:
SensibleSal66
Rating: 2.94%

Dutch-Tigger
Coin Expert

Re: Fake St-Gaulden's come back

#2 Unread post by Dutch-Tigger »

silviosi wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:18 pm I relax on E-Bay Last night and look for St-Gaulden's I find amazing almost half of 1924, 1926, 1927 and 1928 fake. I want you to be aware of. Many are in slabs before 2014. First time I see those was an 1927 somewhere in 2013 end or begin of 2014. The coin was summited to PCGS for reclassification to PL. Some how the coin was questioned and go to Reserve Law Enforcement and come to my Lab. My report was clear FAKE. I give you a small photo and the big line to detect:
1. The back of the design is PL which never was on those coins.
2. The E as per photo. Same was use in 24,26,27 and 28 Strikes
I do not take no ID from eBay, not interested to download this scrap. Here the fake coin look are:
Sorry I can not publish my report, I am not the owner. Maybe PCGS, ANACS or NGC has more material on. Sorry I was do because many peoples go for those and will be an disappointed time to come.

The relief is lower, rim tool marks everywhere, also the letters have minuscule changes and orientations.

I do not doubt to day to grading companies are not aware. The big move with those was around 1974 1975. Do not understand me wrong. No TPG will certify those to day. Impossible. What was in time was in time and it is History. The problem is the selling platforms not TPG's LOL.

Be aware and maybe one day DANIEL will made a Video for.
WOW silviosi this is fascinating work of information , with such high dollars to be made off a coin like this it`s no wonder they and many more are faked.
Thank you for this exposure to to information you can release. Yes it would be a great Video ;)
These users thanked the author Dutch-Tigger for the post:
SensibleSal66
Rating: 2.94%

Member of CONECA
"Don`t expect the respondent to lie and give answers the asker expects or desires"