1776-1976 no mint mark Eisenhower one dollar gold plated 23.6 g with possible cud on O in One

Ask a question or post your most recent discovery.

Moderator: Daniel

Forum rules
Here's a link to how to post a topic with images in our community https://coinauctionshelp.com/welcome-to ... community/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You also agree to follow these guidelines. You must agree to these rules to be a member of this forum. NO SPAM! Spam is deleted within minutes, no spam will ever be left in our community.

1. Post a front and back image of your coin with a specific question about what you’re seeing or asking about and one coin per topic.

2. Please remove coin from the holder unless it’s US or an official mint case or unless it is graded by a grading service.

3. Images should be taken by a camera or cell phone camera, we ask that members don’t use images through a microscope screen.

4. Always start your own topic, please don’t ask about your coin or post your coin in someone else’s coin topic.

5. Do not send private messages about your coin unless an Admin ask you too and the same for sending emails through the board.

6. No spam. Do not post any links to your coin or other non-coin websites.

7. Always be respectful even if something makes you upset or you don’t agree with a member. You can always get a second opinion elsewhere. If you have an issue then politely ask an admin in an PM. PM’s are for issues, technical and personal, but not for coin questions (refer to number 5 on this list). Our community is not a soap box for complaining or drama, so please refrain from doing so here.[/size]
CLK
Coin Collector

1776-1976 no mint mark Eisenhower one dollar gold plated 23.6 g with possible cud on O in One

#1 Unread post by CLK »

Should I get this graded ? And how much are they going ? I can add more pictures ! Do you see the cud or any errors on this one ? Should I get it graded ? It is gold plated, not sure if it is a proof or reg circulation.

IMG_1085.jpeg
IMG_1087.jpeg
IMG_1083.jpeg

CLK
Coin Collector

Re: 1776-1976 no mint mark Eisenhower one dollar gold plated 23.6 g with possible cud on O in One

#2 Unread post by CLK »

IMG_1084.jpeg

Dutch-Tigger
Coin Expert

Re: 1776-1976 no mint mark Eisenhower one dollar gold plated 23.6 g with possible cud on O in One

#3 Unread post by Dutch-Tigger »

CLK wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:09 am Should I get this graded ? And how much are they going ? I can add more pictures ! Do you see the cud or any errors on this one ? Should I get it graded ? It is gold plated, not sure if it is a proof or reg circulation.

IMG_1085.jpegIMG_1087.jpegIMG_1083.jpeg
Greetings, the weight is fine, the gold clad is nice, but I see no CUD! could you point that area you think you see a CUD?
You can buy them all day long on Ebay like this one.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/231609113117?h ... Swv0tVSBH5
Member of CONECA
"Don`t expect the respondent to lie and give answers the asker expects or desires"

CLK
Coin Collector

#4 Unread post by CLK »

Umm on the bottom of the O in One by dollar ?

Dutch-Tigger
Coin Expert

#5 Unread post by Dutch-Tigger »

CLK wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:36 am Umm on the bottom of the O in One by dollar ?
I assure you I looked thoroughly and can see NO CUD!
All you need to know about CUDS is here. ;)
https://cuds-on-coins.com/
Member of CONECA
"Don`t expect the respondent to lie and give answers the asker expects or desires"

CLK
Coin Collector

#6 Unread post by CLK »

What would you do with this coin ?

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#7 Unread post by Daniel »

It's a personal choice, if you like it, keep it. If not then find someone who would want it. Some people would pay $5 for it but plated coins are damaged coins and the grading services like PCGS will not grade them. I am sure some company with some money has made a special deal with a grading company like ICG or something but that is not for just collectors to be able to do.

CLK
Coin Collector

#8 Unread post by CLK »

This is a type 2 with no mint mark

Dutch-Tigger
Coin Expert

#9 Unread post by Dutch-Tigger »

CLK wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:42 pm This is a type 2 with no mint mark
Type 1, Type 2, No matter what the coin has been cleaned then polished to be plated with a thin layer of gold.
That puts the coin in the PMD category forever.
I find Type 1, Type 2 Proof together PCGS PR69DCAM
$60 aprox.
And still no CUD :D
Member of CONECA

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#10 Unread post by Daniel »

It’s not worth grading and why it’s important to use a coin price guide. Also know the fees for grading and the membership fees to join.
These users thanked the author Daniel for the post:
Dutch-Tigger
Rating: 3.03%