Guardhouse Coin Capsules

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, POST IT HERE. Numismatic related posts only.

Moderator: Daniel

Forum rules
Here's a link to how to post a topic with images in our community https://coinauctionshelp.com/welcome-to ... community/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You also agree to follow these guidelines. You must agree to these rules to be a member of this forum. NO SPAM! Spam is deleted within minutes, no spam will ever be left in our community.

1. Post a front and back image of your coin with a specific question about what you’re seeing or asking about and one coin per topic.

2. Please remove coin from the holder unless it’s US or an official mint case or unless it is graded by a grading service.

3. Images should be taken by a camera or cell phone camera, we ask that members don’t use images through a microscope screen.

4. Always start your own topic, please don’t ask about your coin or post your coin in someone else’s coin topic.

5. Do not send private messages about your coin unless an Admin ask you too and the same for sending emails through the board.

6. No spam. Do not post any links to your coin or other non-coin websites.

7. Always be respectful even if something makes you upset or you don’t agree with a member. You can always get a second opinion elsewhere. If you have an issue then politely ask an admin in an PM. PM’s are for issues, technical and personal, but not for coin questions (refer to number 5 on this list). Our community is not a soap box for complaining or drama, so please refrain from doing so here.[/size]
willisshu
Coining Around

Guardhouse Coin Capsules

#1 Unread post by willisshu »

Can anyone tell me how to safely remove a coin in a Guardhouse Coin Capsule? I can remove the top half of the Guardhouse Capsule, but the coin is still "stuck" in the other half of the Guardhouse capsule. Right now I have a Jefferson Nickel stuck in the Guardhouse capsule and I did buy the correct size capsule. Wondering if anyone has a tip or trick to get the coin out of the Guardhouse capsule. Thanks Coinhelpu community.

CoinBoy2
Coin Wizz

Re: Guardhouse Coin Capsules

#2 Unread post by CoinBoy2 »

Welcome to the coin community. I do not have experience with Guardhouse, but I did already have some stuck. Does it have a foam ring? I got mine out by snapping on the other side and/or tapping the edge (Coin facing down) on the very edge of a table. (I cannot remember if mine had a foam insert in or not)
ANA Member.

Dutch-Tigger
Coin Expert

#3 Unread post by Dutch-Tigger »

CoinBoy2 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:39 pm Welcome to the coin community. I do not have experience with Guardhouse, but I did already have some stuck. Does it have a foam ring? I got mine out by snapping on the other side and/or tapping the edge (Coin facing down) on the very edge of a table. (I cannot remember if mine had a foam insert in or not)
I agree with the snapping on the opposite side to dislodge it, but would utterly avoid hitting the capsule with the coin face down on the edge of a table or any hard surface.
We would not want to allow the coin to pop out and strike any hard surface and create "PMD" :D
Member of CONECA
"Don`t expect the respondent to lie and give answers the asker expects or desires"

willisshu
Coining Around

#4 Unread post by willisshu »

Thank you CoinBoy2 and Dutch-Tigger. The Guardhouse brand does NOT have the foam ring. The tapping the edge of the capsule (coin facing down) worked!!! Thanks. My first post and I got an answer and solution to my issue. Thank you again CoinBoy2 and Dutch-Tigger. This community is great.

SensibleSal66
Coin Master

#5 Unread post by SensibleSal66 »

willisshu wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:51 am Thank you CoinBoy2 and Dutch-Tigger. The Guardhouse brand does NOT have the foam ring. The tapping the edge of the capsule (coin facing down) worked!!! Thanks. My first post and I got an answer and solution to my issue. Thank you again CoinBoy2 and Dutch-Tigger. This community is great.
That's GREAT!! :D :dance: :clap:
Member of CONECA
" All replies are my opinion based on experience"
Casual Collector 40+ years , 10 years Error coins ( still learning).

Dutch-Tigger
Coin Expert

#6 Unread post by Dutch-Tigger »

willisshu wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:51 am Thank you CoinBoy2 and Dutch-Tigger. The Guardhouse brand does NOT have the foam ring. The tapping the edge of the capsule (coin facing down) worked!!! Thanks. My first post and I got an answer and solution to my issue. Thank you again CoinBoy2 and Dutch-Tigger. This community is great.
Hey, your quite wellcome and am glad it all worked out for you. 8-)
Member of CONECA
"Don`t expect the respondent to lie and give answers the asker expects or desires"