Question about state quarters

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, POST IT HERE. Numismatic related posts only.

Moderator: Daniel

Forum rules
Here's a link to how to post a topic with images in our community https://coinauctionshelp.com/welcome-to ... community/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You also agree to follow these guidelines. You must agree to these rules to be a member of this forum. NO SPAM! Spam is deleted within minutes, no spam will ever be left in our community.

1. Post a front and back image of your coin with a specific question about what you’re seeing or asking about and one coin per topic.

2. Please remove coin from the holder unless it’s US or an official mint case or unless it is graded by a grading service.

3. Images should be taken by a camera or cell phone camera, we ask that members don’t use images through a microscope screen.

4. Always start your own topic, please don’t ask about your coin or post your coin in someone else’s coin topic.

5. Do not send private messages about your coin unless an Admin ask you too and the same for sending emails through the board.

6. No spam. Do not post any links to your coin or other non-coin websites.

7. Always be respectful even if something makes you upset or you don’t agree with a member. You can always get a second opinion elsewhere. If you have an issue then politely ask an admin in an PM. PM’s are for issues, technical and personal, but not for coin questions (refer to number 5 on this list). Our community is not a soap box for complaining or drama, so please refrain from doing so here.[/size]
Suftim
Coining Around

Question about state quarters

#1 Unread post by Suftim »

I have several key date/mint state quarters. Some are in good circulated condition (with no visible damages) and some are in much better circulated condition. What are these worth? Thanks

2000-P Massachusetts
2001-P New York
2002-D Indiana
2003-P Missouri
2004-P Texas
2005-P California
2006-D North Dakota
2007-P Wyoming
2008-D Alaska
1999-P Pennsylvania
2004-D Wisconsin ( as well as the ones with the extra leaf)
1999-P Delaware
1999-P Connecticut
2003-P Missouri
1999-P Georgia
2002-D Ohio
2000-P South Carolina
2000-D South Carolina
2001-P Kentucky
2005-P California
2008-D New Mexico
2006-P Nebraska
1999-D Connecticut
2000-P New Hampshire
2007-P Wyoming

pnwmakes
Coin Expert

Re: Question about state quarters

#2 Unread post by pnwmakes »

Buy a 2023 red book. I think Daniel has them on his website.
Member of CONECA
Island Dweller
Former U.S. Navy

SensibleSal66
Coin Master

#3 Unread post by SensibleSal66 »

pnwmakes wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:04 am Buy a 2023 red book. I think Daniel has them on his website.
I agree, :dance:
Oh! I almost forgot, Welcome the community! :clap:
Attachments
resize.png
resize.png (57.58 KiB) Viewed 1563 times
Member of CONECA
" All replies are my opinion based on experience"
Casual Collector 40+ years , 10 years Error coins ( still learning).

Suftim
Coining Around

#4 Unread post by Suftim »

Here i was thinking like anyone would, one can get real info on a forum allegedly frequented by experts (to discuss and share info) but if the suggestion is to "buy a book", well, that just settles it, doesn't it? Jut buy a book and call it a day.

Thanks @SensibleSal66 but from the feedback it sounds like there is no reason for a community when the best advice is "buy a book"?

mhonzell
Administrator
Administrator

#5 Unread post by mhonzell »

When you ask about multiple, non-specific coins, you are given the best reference. Most of these are easily found in very good condition and are not worth much more than the joy of collecting.
Civil War Tokens
Morgan Dollars
Ancient Coins

Suftim
Coining Around

#6 Unread post by Suftim »

mhonzell wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:08 am Most of these are easily found in very good condition and are not worth much more than the joy of collecting.
Ah, now this is a good feedback. Thanks.

SensibleSal66
Coin Master

#7 Unread post by SensibleSal66 »

Suftim wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:04 am Here i was thinking like anyone would, one can get real info on a forum allegedly frequented by experts (to discuss and share info) but if the suggestion is to "buy a book", well, that just settles it, doesn't it? Jut a buy a book and call it a day.

Thanks @SensibleSal66 but from the feedback it sounds like there is no reason for a community when the best advice is "buy a book"?
So sorry that you feel this way, but this was the best advice for someone who posts several coins in one post.
If you want, I can give you a basic answer w/o Pics. Most of these coins in general condition are still only worth 25 cents each. The Wisconsin quarter is a different "animal". I currently own this set (Normal, extra low and high leaf in MS66). It was purchased for around $700 years ago and holds its value.
Any other questions? Just as a reminder, the majority of us do this FREE of charge and Love doing it. Thanks for your time and please stay and give things a chance. :D
Attachments
2004Wisconsinquarters.jpg
Member of CONECA

Suftim
Coining Around

#8 Unread post by Suftim »

@SensibleSal66

Discussion forums are usually not a paid service so not sure why the question of "FREE of charge" would even arise. That said the coins are gorgeous. Thanks for posting the picture.

Historically i have always had a small collection of silver and gold coins but am out of my element when it comes to other coins and their valuations in regards to key dates, mint marks, valuations etc.

I am glad to have found this forum and intend to stick around, read, and speak with people like yourself who have probably been partaking in this joy for a while. :-)

Suftim
Coining Around

#9 Unread post by Suftim »

I had a website navigation question. When i click on the general forum i do not see this thread. I am having to make several clicks to go to "active topics" and then find this thread. Is this normal?

Edit: And how do i access the "thank" feature"?

SensibleSal66
Coin Master

#10 Unread post by SensibleSal66 »

Suftim wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:43 am I had a website navigation question. When i click on the general forum i do not see this thread. I am having to make several clicks to go to "active topics" and then find this thread. Is this normal?

Edit: And how do i access the "thank" feature"?
Okay, I can help. You have to look under the "Coin Help" words. Half way down the page.
However, I usually stick to the "Active topics" page for up to the date posts.
You access the thank you feature next to "My" Icon. It's the hand symbol.
Member of CONECA

Alan H
Coin Wizz

#11 Unread post by Alan H »

Suftim wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:32 am @SensibleSal66

Discussion forums are usually not a paid service so not sure why the question of "FREE of charge" would even arise. That said the coins are gorgeous. Thanks for posting the picture.

Historically i have always had a small collection of silver and gold coins but am out of my element when it comes to other coins and their valuations in regards to key dates, mint marks, valuations etc.

I am glad to have found this forum and intend to stick around, read, and speak with people like yourself who have probably been partaking in this joy for a while. :-)
OK, so don't you want to get into your element? :D The Red Book is a very basic reference every collector should own. We aren't sure where you're coming from, if you're a serious collector, or just came by some stuff you think is worth something, and there are loads of new uneducated would be collectors here looking for information. It was a good piece of advice. Consider buying the book. You can access the thank you function by pressing the "Thumbs up" icon over by your name.

Suftim
Coining Around

#12 Unread post by Suftim »

Alan H wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:19 am
Suftim wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:32 am @SensibleSal66

OK, so don't you want to get into your element? :D The Red Book is a very basic reference every collector should own. We aren't sure where you're coming from, if you're a serious collector, or just came by some stuff you think is worth something, and there are loads of new uneducated would be collectors here looking for information. It was a good piece of advice. Consider buying the book. You can access the thank you function by pressing the "Thumbs up" icon over by your name.
That discussion was over last night, sir. There is no need for you to carry it over today.

Perhaps you can better use your time, effort, and energy, than in giving unsolicited advice or trying to measure new members.

If i was so inclined i might take some time in making a case that one can learn (as one has) without a book, but unfortunately i am not interested to use my energy in useless pursuits at this time.

However i will keep your advice about the book in mind.

Alan H
Coin Wizz

#13 Unread post by Alan H »

Wow. So much arrogance in just three sentences! Ok. I’ll take your advice and not waste any more of my time on you.
Last edited by Alan H on Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Suftim
Coining Around

#14 Unread post by Suftim »

That wasn't the intent, Alan.

But see you brought up an issue that was in contention last night, in what seemed to be in defense for the person. Naturally i took offense to that and saw it as a sign of you know, ganging up or something. Keep in mind i am a new member. Then you give me a resolution to another question which @SensibleSal66 has already graciously answered so i wasn't sure what was going on.

I guess it always complicates a discussion when it shifts from a topic to a person, as it seemed in your post. IN any case, please don't take it personal. Thank you.

Alan H
Coin Wizz

#15 Unread post by Alan H »

Not in defense of the person, he doesn't need it. Just his advice. I don't know if you're a new collector as well as a new member. I collected for many years before I joined here, so you can't tell by how many posts someone makes. If you are a new collector, the book is a solid investment. I use mine for inventory as well as a general quick reference. Also keep in mind that this is a public forum, and you may draw many opinions, some you may disagree with. A discussion is never really over unless a moderator locks the topic. :)

Suftim
Coining Around

#16 Unread post by Suftim »

Got it.

Like i was saying to @SensibleSal66 historically i have always dabbled in silver and gold coins. Most of it was for the joy of collecting but i have also made some money in selling. Everything i learnt about it was from people who were kind enough to share with me and i own understating of how to proceed on these things. Never learnt it form any books. Other than that you can consider me a compete novice in these matters.

But the book definitely seems like a good idea cause to be honest there is so much info about marks, defects, condition, anomalies of all kinds it will take years to learn by experience, which a book may speed up.

Marvic
Coin Wizz

#17 Unread post by Marvic »

Suftim wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:04 am Here i was thinking like anyone would, one can get real info on a forum allegedly frequented by experts (to discuss and share info) but if the suggestion is to "buy a book", well, that just settles it, doesn't it? Jut buy a book and call it a day.

So then, forget about buying a book, sir: I will tell you what they are worth, 25 cents each!
As Daniel would say, "And Have a good Day"...

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#18 Unread post by Daniel »

Suftim wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:04 am Here i was thinking like anyone would, one can get real info on a forum allegedly frequented by experts (to discuss and share info) but if the suggestion is to "buy a book", well, that just settles it, doesn't it? Jut buy a book and call it a day.

Are you serious? First off, your coins are common and not key dates and we don't give you a value list of multiple coins that we can't even see. You must see coins to appraise them.
Also, it's ONE coin per topic with an image. Follow the guideline and you owe Sal and everyone else an apology.

Suftim
Coining Around

#19 Unread post by Suftim »

Ha! Does my laugh tell you something? It should. I didn't come here to be trolled by armatures.

In any case, please feel free to delete the thread if it violates any of your so called guidelines. In fact it should have been deleted the moment it was started. The guidelines "card" doesn't get used after 2-3 days later after failed trolling attempts, silly.

Edit: Also, delete my profile. I do not see an option for deletion.

SensibleSal66
Coin Master

#20 Unread post by SensibleSal66 »

Suftim wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:47 pm Ha! Does my laugh tell you something? It should. I didn't come here to be trolled by armatures.

In any case, please feel free to delete the thread if it violates any of your so called guidelines. In fact it should have been deleted the moment it was started. The guidelines "card" doesn't get used after 2-3 days later after failed trolling attempts, silly.

Edit: Also, delete my profile. I do not see an option for deletion.
Hmm? I thought we were doing the right thing by advising to buy the book . Can't please everyone, I guess. :cry:
Member of CONECA

Paul
Master Die Variety Examiner
Master Die Variety Examiner

#21 Unread post by Paul »

C
Attachments
HORSE WATER 1.jpg
C.O.N.E.C.A. Wi State Rep
Fly-In Club Wi State Rep

Longacre
Coining Around

#22 Unread post by Longacre »

I'm getting back into collecting after many years. The newest Red Book that I have is from 1982 , the pages are falling out every time I open it. I have a 2014 concealed spiral edition being delivered tomorrow !!! I don't remember the exact cost but it was not expensive . Pretty sound advice actually ( OP ) , thanks fellers !!!