What's the chances this is real?

Ask a question or post your most recent discovery.

Moderator: Daniel

Forum rules
Here's a link to how to post a topic with images in our community https://coinauctionshelp.com/welcome-to ... community/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You also agree to follow these guidelines. You must agree to these rules to be a member of this forum. NO SPAM! Spam is deleted within minutes, no spam will ever be left in our community.

1. Post a front and back image of your coin with a specific question about what you’re seeing or asking about and one coin per topic.

2. Please remove coin from the holder unless it’s US or an official mint case or unless it is graded by a grading service.

3. Images should be taken by a camera or cell phone camera, we ask that members don’t use images through a microscope screen.

4. Always start your own topic, please don’t ask about your coin or post your coin in someone else’s coin topic.

5. Do not send private messages about your coin unless an Admin ask you too and the same for sending emails through the board.

6. No spam. Do not post any links to your coin or other non-coin websites.

7. Always be respectful even if something makes you upset or you don’t agree with a member. You can always get a second opinion elsewhere. If you have an issue then politely ask an admin in an PM. PM’s are for issues, technical and personal, but not for coin questions (refer to number 5 on this list). Our community is not a soap box for complaining or drama, so please refrain from doing so here.[/size]
trevor
Coining Around

What's the chances this is real?

#1 Unread post by trevor »

Envelope, 5 coins, oh boy...
Attachments
20210916_230605.jpg

SensibleSal66
Coin Master

Re: What's the chances this is real?

#2 Unread post by SensibleSal66 »

Hmm, I'll guess 50 % . Seriously, Pleases ID with full Pics and close -up with description of area of concern .Thank You .
Member of CONECA
" All replies are my opinion based on experience"
Casual Collector 40+ years , 10 years Error coins ( still learning).

trevor
Coining Around

#3 Unread post by trevor »

Yes... I dont want to open... but what can I show?
I have its 4 budies....
The cent is even hard to explain...
The cent seems to have the design....???? cameo design I've never seen before, and out of about 12 combinations of red proof and cameo colors. I have many... and let me tell ya this penny looks to be a red proof reverse design. With a red deep cameo proof obverse.
Wierd but cool... same with the 25c 10c 5c.... I'm digging in attic now
... I'm hoping I saved the envelope....
Attachments
20210917_013117.jpg
20210917_012924.jpg

SensibleSal66
Coin Master

#4 Unread post by SensibleSal66 »

Why wouldn't it ? Be real, that is.
Member of CONECA
" All replies are my opinion based on experience"
Casual Collector 40+ years , 10 years Error coins ( still learning).

trevor
Coining Around

#5 Unread post by trevor »

Mind blowing

trevor
Coining Around

#6 Unread post by trevor »

The family I bought the collection from few years ago said when I purchased, that there grandfather collected error coins, which right up my hobby alley..... I purchased, then few days later, I bought the rest of the collection. At which time he said dad bought this junk online and I need the room for a nursery... he bought online and something belonged to a director... not thinking much of it at the time.... I better track that guy back down. I owe him a finders fee at the very least.

DSCoins
Coin Guru

#7 Unread post by DSCoins »

@trevor
Please be advised that the RULE for posting coins is ONE coin per-topic. DO NOT post a coin to be compared to, as those who are giving you their opinion know what the coin should or should not look like.

When posting photos of a coin you would like someone to look at, you NEED to post a Cropped photo of both the the full Obverse and Reverse. If possible it is recommended to remove the coin from the holder 2X2 flips or Mylar. Try to take these photos as clear and close as possible. Next take some photos of the area in question, again as close and clear as possible. It would also help if you could find some way to point to the area in question or give a detailed explanation of what you want to be looked at. DO NOT just say "What Error is this?", "What do you think about this coin and what is the value?" or "What can you tell me about this coin?". We would happily provide you with sites you can research coin errors and varieties.

If you need a photo editing program, there are three free ones that come to mind. They are PhotoScape, Inkscape and Gimp. Of the three PhotoScape is the easiest to use. I use PhotoScape and it will do everything required to post photos on the board. Daniel explains quite well in the following two topics, POSTING PHOTOS plus his video on this same topic Daniels posting Coins Video on posting coins
USN Retired Jun1977-Jun 1997/100% disabled VET. (Not a wounded warrior)
Member CONACA
ANA
PCGS
NGC
Finds to date
2000-P .05C Strong Clashed Die O/R PCGS # 14129072 photo at maddieclashes
1983-P DDR FS-01-1983-501
5 2000 WAM FS- 901

trevor
Coining Around

#8 Unread post by trevor »

Those are all the same pictures of the 50 cent.... sensiblesal66 asked to see other 4 budies that came with....
Dscoins? You want me to take out of the 2x2 and then open the mylar seal.... I double packed them like that...
You want me to open them? I bought a hiview digital microscope camera instead.

DSCoins
Coin Guru

#9 Unread post by DSCoins »

With the photos you supplied no one can see anything about the coin. First you have a photo of just a no. 4. this does not show anything at all about the coin. The next photos you posted of are again no use as they are way to small and again show nothing. So your question is exactly what? Is what real?
USN Retired Jun1977-Jun 1997/100% disabled VET. (Not a wounded warrior)
Member CONACA
ANA
PCGS
NGC
Finds to date
2000-P .05C Strong Clashed Die O/R PCGS # 14129072 photo at maddieclashes
1983-P DDR FS-01-1983-501
5 2000 WAM FS- 901

Earle42
Administrator
Administrator

#10 Unread post by Earle42 »

I am sorry, but at present the best I can say is yes, this is a real picture.
Please put yourself into my shoes to try to understand.

I open a post from the forum entitled, "What's the chances this is real?"

I see a picture of a screen showing a 4 on some coin.

That is everything I am given.

I like to help people. But unfortunately I do not yet have the plug in for my computer that allows me to read your mind 😊

Please try to understand that when you post something like this, unless you tell us specifically what you are asking a question about that we can only guess what you are looking at! Since we are guessing, it means we might not be answering what you are asking about. Then we BOTH end up spending more time before you tell us what you are looking at and answering that.

Please be specific as to what you think you see. We are willing to spend our time (for free) to help, please be willing to write enough we know what you are asking.😊
These users thanked the author Earle42 for the post:
Jlynn8523
Rating: 3.03%

Common grading company shortcomings & resulting co$tly mi$take$ to collectors (using Kennedy No FG halves):
https://tinyurl.com/y7rksxu8

How much squash would a sasquatch squash if a sasquatch would squash squash?

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#11 Unread post by Daniel »

You have a common, 1964 Proof Set that someone cut out of their original cello package and stapled them into 2x2s and then placed in a cut 2x2 holder sheet.
The set is worth around $30. I sell them all the time like this.

Jlynn8523
Coinasieur

#12 Unread post by Jlynn8523 »

See this is what keeps me here!!☝🏼☝🏼This Guy☝🏼☝🏼
INDIANA’S BIG BASS HUNTER
COIN COLLECTOR FOR 4 YEARS
FATHER OF THE FIRST EVER BOY NAMED CALIBER!

Jlynn8523
Coinasieur

#13 Unread post by Jlynn8523 »

Oops it was supposed to be pointing at Earle’s post about the Mindreading cord!
INDIANA’S BIG BASS HUNTER
COIN COLLECTOR FOR 4 YEARS
FATHER OF THE FIRST EVER BOY NAMED CALIBER!