Slabbed Coin Value

Post anything about coin grading holders, questions, images, facts announcements. If it's in, or about, or is a coin holders this is where to post it.

Moderator: Daniel

Forum rules
Here's a link to how to post a topic with images in our community https://coinauctionshelp.com/welcome-to ... community/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You also agree to follow these guidelines. You must agree to these rules to be a member of this forum. NO SPAM! Spam is deleted within minutes, no spam will ever be left in our community.

1. Post a front and back image of your coin with a specific question about what you’re seeing or asking about and one coin per topic.

2. Please remove coin from the holder unless it’s US or an official mint case or unless it is graded by a grading service.

3. Images should be taken by a camera or cell phone camera, we ask that members don’t use images through a microscope screen.

4. Always start your own topic, please don’t ask about your coin or post your coin in someone else’s coin topic.

5. Do not send private messages about your coin unless an Admin ask you too and the same for sending emails through the board.

6. No spam. Do not post any links to your coin or other non-coin websites.

7. Always be respectful even if something makes you upset or you don’t agree with a member. You can always get a second opinion elsewhere. If you have an issue then politely ask an admin in an PM. PM’s are for issues, technical and personal, but not for coin questions (refer to number 5 on this list). Our community is not a soap box for complaining or drama, so please refrain from doing so here.[/size]
wornslick
Coining Around

Slabbed Coin Value

#1 Unread post by wornslick »

Hi, What is the best way to find out the value of a graded coin? I am looking at a 1891 CC Morgan in VF-25, PCGS holder. The seller is asking $249.00 for it with a make offer option. I checked the value using the price guide here and it said $125.00. The person selling it has over 24,500 sales on E-Bay and is a coin store in Ohio. No not Daniel's. LOL Thanks

finalfantasy
Coinasieur

Re: Slabbed Coin Value

#2 Unread post by finalfantasy »

https://www.ngccoin.com/price-guide/united-states/

Or

https://www.pcgs.com/prices/?gclid=EAIa ... gKA7fD_BwE

Your coin is worth $185 dollars according to PCGS which is the holder you are buying with the coin. So if you are willing to pay over retail for it then go for it otherwise talk them down to $185 at least if not less. NGC lists it for $165. However, due to the demand on the market and scarcity of the Carson city coins it might go for a bit above retail. My advise is to shop around if that is the date you are looking for but if it just looks nice and you sort of want it look elsewhere. For that price you could buy a common date Carson City in lower MS condition for a bit above $245+ if you spent 300 dollars.

USSID18

#3 Unread post by USSID18 »

I use eBay "sold Items" for current market values.

The coin is over priced. Make him an offer.

wornslick
Coining Around

#4 Unread post by wornslick »

Thank you both very much for the info and advice!

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#5 Unread post by Daniel »

My values are for ungraded coins for the most part.

wornslick
Coining Around

#6 Unread post by wornslick »

I sent an offer of $175.00 and 185.00 to them and was turned down both times. Oh well.

Mrweaseluv
Coin Wizz

#7 Unread post by Mrweaseluv »

the coin is overpriced, but believe it or not, not as bad as most CCs are.. but you will pay list minimum for any CC minted coin on ebay 99.9999% of the time...
You may soar with the eagles, but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

finalfantasy
Coinasieur

#8 Unread post by finalfantasy »

Mrweaseluv wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:22 am the coin is overpriced, but believe it or not, not as bad as most CCs are.. but you will pay list minimum for any CC minted coin on ebay 99.9999% of the time...
Very true. So if this isn't a particular date you are looking for but just want a CC dollar to own I would look at a more common date with more luster for a bit more. If this is a date you need in a set then well look elsewhere but know you can buy this from the seller well above current retail unfortunately. Maybe some day prices will stabilize and then possibly go down (perhaps at the end of the next recession).

Algots

#9 Unread post by Algots »

Don't chase a coin. Let them come to you.