2013 $20.00 bill

Discuss or ask questions or posts paper currency topics. World currency is allowed as well.

Moderator: Daniel

Forum rules
Here's a link to how to post a topic with images in our community https://coinauctionshelp.com/welcome-to ... community/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You also agree to follow these guidelines. You must agree to these rules to be a member of this forum. NO SPAM! Spam is deleted within minutes, no spam will ever be left in our community.

1. Post a front and back image of your coin with a specific question about what you’re seeing or asking about and one coin per topic.

2. Please remove coin from the holder unless it’s US or an official mint case or unless it is graded by a grading service.

3. Images should be taken by a camera or cell phone camera, we ask that members don’t use images through a microscope screen.

4. Always start your own topic, please don’t ask about your coin or post your coin in someone else’s coin topic.

5. Do not send private messages about your coin unless an Admin ask you too and the same for sending emails through the board.

6. No spam. Do not post any links to your coin or other non-coin websites.

7. Always be respectful even if something makes you upset or you don’t agree with a member. You can always get a second opinion elsewhere. If you have an issue then politely ask an admin in an PM. PM’s are for issues, technical and personal, but not for coin questions (refer to number 5 on this list). Our community is not a soap box for complaining or drama, so please refrain from doing so here.[/size]
pnwmakes
Coin Expert

Re: 2013 $20.00 bill

#11 Unread post by pnwmakes »

How about the ink from a strap?
Attachments
s-l400.jpg
s-l400.jpg (31.37 KiB) Viewed 1312 times
Member of CONECA
Island Dweller
Former U.S. Navy

stevesherrill
Coin Wizz

#12 Unread post by stevesherrill »

where is the # mark on a strap? I dont see or think there is a # on a strap

Earle42
Administrator
Administrator

#13 Unread post by Earle42 »

stevesherrill wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:50 pm earle42 you dan and a few others have given me good advice things to read and study and i have but never once have i said anything to the affect that dan gives bad advice on his form nore will i ever i learnd alot from yall now fill like words are being put in my mouth as well as being accused of something i have not done
Here is the post I was referring to:
stevesherrill wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:09 pm since the ink looks the same as the ink as the rest of this bill is it likely maybe the mint layed something on top of the bundle and stamped something else while laying on top of it? Not sure if you can tell by the photos but the ink matches to a T.
I know you would never deliberately do ANYTHING here to make Daniel look bad. :romance-grouphug:

The problem I saw was that were suggesting something that would be impossible to happen at the BPE (well...you said the mint - but an honest mistake - they don't make bills at any of the 4 mints).

A newbie seeing you post very well could take that suggestion as a good idea of what happened despite it actually being impossible. So without meaning to, your friendly guess could easily be mentioned by the OP on another forum, or a coins shop such as , "On Daniel's forum I learned that the bills can get stamped with extra letters when they are made."

So if guessing, just please make sure that you make it very clear you are offering a guess but really don't know. :)

BTW - bank tellers do sometimes use stamps on the paper bands they apply and this can make ink marks such as these. I do not know if that was the case here, but this is something that can happen.
Common grading company shortcomings & resulting co$tly mi$take$ to collectors (using Kennedy No FG halves):
https://tinyurl.com/y7rksxu8

How much squash would a sasquatch squash if a sasquatch would squash squash?

stevesherrill
Coin Wizz

#14 Unread post by stevesherrill »

sorry thats a new part i didnt know that the mint didnt do paper money what is BPE

stevesherrill
Coin Wizz

#15 Unread post by stevesherrill »

Earle42 can you show me the post you are talking about? i have never said no one has said this or that about this or that. NEVER!!!!!!! some me this post your talking about!!!!!!!!!!!!

pnwmakes
Coin Expert

#16 Unread post by pnwmakes »

stevesherrill wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:10 pm where is the # mark on a strap? I dont see or think there is a # on a strap
Yes the # symbol does not appear on a Federal Reserve currency strap. But when banks send money back to the Feds there are requirements that must appear on each bundle.
Band Stamps What to do:
Each band must be stamped with the following information:
Institution's name;
ABA routing number; and
Four-digit endpoint number (branch number) of the depositing office (a band without an office identification number is deemed to be from the institution’s head office).
Use black or dark ink (not red) on the stamp to help ensure good quality images.
Use large and easy-to-read font on your stamp.
Refresh ink pads frequently.

So Branch number is shown using the # symbol and they use a lot of ink. So it might have been a ink transfer or over inking just a thought. the picture is a example from the Deposit Visual Reference Guide of the Federal Reserve. Most large banks use automated printing for there straps and unlike this referance picture the information runs horizontally on the strap and looks kinda like the printing on your bill. Just a thought.

https://www.frbservices.org/resources/f ... guide.html
Attachments
stamp-yes-01a.jpg
stamp-yes-01a.jpg (19.25 KiB) Viewed 1290 times
Member of CONECA
Island Dweller
Former U.S. Navy

stevesherrill
Coin Wizz

#17 Unread post by stevesherrill »

thank you pnwmakes now that makes science thank you very much

pnwmakes
Coin Expert

#18 Unread post by pnwmakes »

stevesherrill wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:26 pm thank you pnwmakes now that makes science thank you very much

👍
Member of CONECA
Island Dweller
Former U.S. Navy

Earle42
Administrator
Administrator

#19 Unread post by Earle42 »

stevesherrill wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:14 pm Earle42 can you show me the post you are talking about? i have never said no one has said this or that about this or that. NEVER!!!!!!! some me this post your talking about!!!!!!!!!!!!
stevershill - I owe you an apology. I am sorry! Here is your exact quote:
stevesherrill wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:09 pm since the ink looks the same as the ink as the rest of this bill is it likely maybe the mint layed something on top of the bundle and stamped something else while laying on top of it? Not sure if you can tell by the photos but the ink matches to a T.
I totally misread the words "... is it likely maybe the mint layed..." as saying, "...it is likely... ."

Not only that, but I also missed you were asking a question!

I am not sure where my mind was b/c I even re-read it incorrectly several times! :angry-banghead:

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Please forgive my brandon moment!
Common grading company shortcomings & resulting co$tly mi$take$ to collectors (using Kennedy No FG halves):
https://tinyurl.com/y7rksxu8

How much squash would a sasquatch squash if a sasquatch would squash squash?

stevesherrill
Coin Wizz

#20 Unread post by stevesherrill »

its all good Earle42 accepted