2022 Kennedy Half Mint Roll 22KB Huge MINT Mix-Up!

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, POST IT HERE. Numismatic related posts only.

Moderator: Daniel

Forum rules
Here's a link to how to post a topic with images in our community https://coinauctionshelp.com/welcome-to ... community/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You also agree to follow these guidelines. You must agree to these rules to be a member of this forum. NO SPAM! Spam is deleted within minutes, no spam will ever be left in our community.

1. Post a front and back image of your coin with a specific question about what you’re seeing or asking about and one coin per topic.

2. Please remove coin from the holder unless it’s US or an official mint case or unless it is graded by a grading service.

3. Images should be taken by a camera or cell phone camera, we ask that members don’t use images through a microscope screen.

4. Always start your own topic, please don’t ask about your coin or post your coin in someone else’s coin topic.

5. Do not send private messages about your coin unless an Admin ask you too and the same for sending emails through the board.

6. No spam. Do not post any links to your coin or other non-coin websites.

7. Always be respectful even if something makes you upset or you don’t agree with a member. You can always get a second opinion elsewhere. If you have an issue then politely ask an admin in an PM. PM’s are for issues, technical and personal, but not for coin questions (refer to number 5 on this list). Our community is not a soap box for complaining or drama, so please refrain from doing so here.[/size]
iloveuscoins
Coining Around

2022 Kennedy Half Mint Roll 22KB Huge MINT Mix-Up!

#1 Unread post by iloveuscoins »

Hello all,

I just received my rolls of 2022 two-roll set of the Kennedy Half (22KB) and have 2 P rolls instead to one each. I did the LIVE CHAT with the Mint and they informed me there was none to exchange and offered me a refund. How pathetic. I am sure I am not the only one. It could be hundreds or thousands! Many of you do not open the sealed box and you will never know what's inside until you do. If there is someone out there that got 2 rolls of D's, I'll be happy to trade with you. richieladner@hotmail.com

Earle42
Administrator
Administrator

Re: 2022 Kennedy Half Mint Roll 22KB Huge MINT Mix-Up!

#2 Unread post by Earle42 »

Welcome to the US mint customer service!

While some people have had no problems, I have many horror stories.

Note from your conversation with them they KNEW ahead of time that they could not fulfill the order. So rather than contact you to see if you still wanted the order, instead they sent two of the same roll without notifying you.

This way they get the sale, they figure most people are not willing to pay postage to return, and they make out in the end.
Common grading company shortcomings & resulting co$tly mi$take$ to collectors (using Kennedy No FG halves):
https://tinyurl.com/y7rksxu8

How much squash would a sasquatch squash if a sasquatch would squash squash?

DSCoins
Coin Guru

#3 Unread post by DSCoins »

I have 3 packages being delivered tomorrow from the Fulfillment Center and have no clue what is being sent. I checked my order history and the last thing I saw were the Kennedy Half Collars I ordered (enrollment). The next item on my enrollment is 3 American Eagles Uncirculated, but they are not being released until Jun 1st. The only thing that is being released at this time (May 12) is the American Buffalo 2022 One Ounce Gold Proof Coin. I don't do gold as it is too rich for my blood. I guess it will like Christmas having no clue what I am unrapping.
USN Retired Jun1977-Jun 1997/100% disabled VET. (Not a wounded warrior)
Member CONACA
ANA
PCGS
NGC
Finds to date
2000-P .05C Strong Clashed Die O/R PCGS # 14129072 photo at maddieclashes
1983-P DDR FS-01-1983-501
5 2000 WAM FS- 901

JTCC
Coin Guru

#4 Unread post by JTCC »

DSCoins wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:14 pm I have 3 packages being delivered tomorrow from the Fulfillment Center and have no clue what is being sent. I checked my order history and the last thing I saw were the Kennedy Half Collars I ordered (enrollment). The next item on my enrollment is 3 American Eagles Uncirculated, but they are not being released until Jun 1st. The only thing that is being released at this time (May 12) is the American Buffalo 2022 One Ounce Gold Proof Coin. I don't do gold as it is too rich for my blood. I guess it will like Christmas having no clue what I am unrapping.
intresting....... please update us on what you found!
U.S. cent lover!

jsabertooth
Coining Around

#5 Unread post by jsabertooth »

After Reading comments above, I thought I might share my experience recently also with the Kennedy Half Dollar enrollment I have with the US Mint. I have an enrollment for one 200 coin box (P&D) that I receive every year, this year Item 22KA. I never use to even open the outer shipping box since I always want to preserve possible First / Early Strike label should I decide to some day send in for grading by PCGS/NGC. As usual, I received notice by email this order was shipped, first half of May. It sat here for some two weeks before I decided to enter it into my coin inventory program and place it on the shelf. That's when I noticed picking it up it was way too light for 200 Half Dollars. So I opened the outer box and what did I find, an invoice for 22KA with a charge of $147 on my registered credit card, but a two-roll set box marked 22KB PD 2022 Kennedy Half-Dollar Coin (1981 02:45:33 04-19-2022. I have not opened the box yet. So I tried the chat. Wasn't available. So I sent an email asking for a refund of the difference of $147 - $34.50, as well as a refund for the shipping charge I received on the Negro baseball league coin I received the month before. (I had received 9 enrollment items by then this year, so it should have been free shipping) The mint responded, apologized for sending the wrong item and presented the long verbiage of how to return an item. No mention of my refund request for either issue. So, seeing on the website both "enrollment" items (ML) and (NBA) were noted as TBN, I added an enrollment for a couple 2-roll sets that I did not have currently. (The mint will honor a new enrollment as long as it's set up 3 days before release date. After that I replied in an email that I would keep the two roll set, as it indicated it was unavailable and the enrollment not released yet, and asked that they apply the one box received against my new 2-roll enrollment, and either refund the overcharge or send me the 200 coin bag within a week's time. ( I now see the enrollment for both is still TBD on the Mint's website, but you can purchase the 200 coin roll from their site now, saying its limited amount. I am concerned now that the Mint is going to screw over all of us that have enrollments with this stupid error they made. It's their outsourced distribution outfit that is screwing up big time (the Fulfillment Center). Bunch of bums. I received another nice reply from the Mint, which mentioned nothing about any of the issues at hand, only a lengthly verbiage again from the Enrollment Process Overview, which I already know by heart. Nothing else. Here I sit in a quandary, A 2-roll set ( I hope) which I never ordered, and an invoice for $147 for a 200 coin bag that I never received, but the Mint distributor thinks they sent me. You can't make this stuff up. Only the stupid present government can be expected to underperform to this degree. I have never had an issue this crazy in the 16 years I've purchased from the US Mint.

iloveuscoins
Coining Around

#6 Unread post by iloveuscoins »

It's upsetting to know you REALLY don't know what's inside a sealed box UNLESS you open it to verify! There needs to be a better system at the US Mint that they can verify on their end exactly what is being sent out to us.

Earle42
Administrator
Administrator

#7 Unread post by Earle42 »

Its unfortunate, but true...anything government associated is bankrupt or run as inefficiently as humanely possible.
Common grading company shortcomings & resulting co$tly mi$take$ to collectors (using Kennedy No FG halves):
https://tinyurl.com/y7rksxu8

How much squash would a sasquatch squash if a sasquatch would squash squash?