Coin memes

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, POST IT HERE. Numismatic related posts only.

Moderator: Daniel

Forum rules
Here's a link to how to post a topic with images in our community https://coinauctionshelp.com/welcome-to ... community/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You also agree to follow these guidelines. You must agree to these rules to be a member of this forum. NO SPAM! Spam is deleted within minutes, no spam will ever be left in our community.

1. Post a front and back image of your coin with a specific question about what you’re seeing or asking about and one coin per topic.

2. Please remove coin from the holder unless it’s US or an official mint case or unless it is graded by a grading service.

3. Images should be taken by a camera or cell phone camera, we ask that members don’t use images through a microscope screen.

4. Always start your own topic, please don’t ask about your coin or post your coin in someone else’s coin topic.

5. Do not send private messages about your coin unless an Admin ask you too and the same for sending emails through the board.

6. No spam. Do not post any links to your coin or other non-coin websites.

7. Always be respectful even if something makes you upset or you don’t agree with a member. You can always get a second opinion elsewhere. If you have an issue then politely ask an admin in an PM. PM’s are for issues, technical and personal, but not for coin questions (refer to number 5 on this list). Our community is not a soap box for complaining or drama, so please refrain from doing so here.[/size]
JTCC
Coin Guru

Coin memes

#1 Unread post by JTCC »

Greetings, community. I figured that I’ll have some fun and make some numismatic-related memes, just for the fun of it. I’ll start. For your amusement, enjoy.

Everybody is welcomed to chip in ones they saw/made. :banana-dreads:
Attachments
Wet owl/half dollar hunt
Wet owl/half dollar hunt
U.S. cent lover!

Audigy
Coin Collector

Re: Coin memes

#2 Unread post by Audigy »

BDA0525D-3A35-46F5-B86C-1286E1AA8FB2.jpeg

JTCC
Coin Guru

#3 Unread post by JTCC »

Another addition——
Attachments
Phili cent/ wandering boy
Phili cent/ wandering boy
U.S. cent lover!

Paul
Master Die Variety Examiner
Master Die Variety Examiner

#4 Unread post by Paul »

👍
C.O.N.E.C.A. Wi State Rep
Fly-In Club Wi State Rep

JTCC
Coin Guru

#5 Unread post by JTCC »

new addition---- found this on cointalk.com.
Attachments
upgrade/quarter designs
upgrade/quarter designs
U.S. cent lover!

JTCC
Coin Guru

#6 Unread post by JTCC »

also found on cointalk.com----
Attachments
dad text/melting coins
dad text/melting coins
U.S. cent lover!

JTCC
Coin Guru

#7 Unread post by JTCC »

Another one——
Attachments
Disappointed man/hunter’s returns
Disappointed man/hunter’s returns
U.S. cent lover!

JTCC
Coin Guru

#8 Unread post by JTCC »

Addition——
Attachments
Hide the pain/pcgs submission
Hide the pain/pcgs submission
U.S. cent lover!

JTCC
Coin Guru

#9 Unread post by JTCC »

:lol:
Attachments
7CF25383-0C3E-4870-95D0-97BAAF3C7C60.jpeg
U.S. cent lover!

PetesPockets55
Forum Supporter
Forum Supporter

#10 Unread post by PetesPockets55 »

Thanks for adding some humor to our somewhat dry hobby. They "strike" something within me that makes me smile!
Keep up the good work.

Iceresistance
Coin Expert

#11 Unread post by Iceresistance »

JTCC wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 2:45 am:lol:

This also works as "Coin photo expectations"
"Reality"
You are never too old to learn something new

johnny1959
Coin Collector

#12 Unread post by johnny1959 »

COIN.jpg
COIN.jpg (10.31 KiB) Viewed 647 times

Iceresistance
Coin Expert

#13 Unread post by Iceresistance »

johnny1959 wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:48 amCOIN.jpg
That is not the case with me. :lol:
You are never too old to learn something new

SILVERZEPHYR
Coin Collector

#14 Unread post by SILVERZEPHYR »

Another Key Date——
Attachments
20190102_stj-delete-key-lincoln.jpg
20190102_stj-delete-key-lincoln.jpg (12.54 KiB) Viewed 634 times
Last edited by SILVERZEPHYR on Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SILVERZEPHYR
Coin Collector

#15 Unread post by SILVERZEPHYR »

😂 🤣
Attachments
thumbnaiu.png

Earle42
Administrator
Administrator

#16 Unread post by Earle42 »

Not a meme, but some humor.

I wrote this awhile back for a humerous coin story contest on another forum:

A Whole Half Dime
by Earle42
Half_Dime_Pic.jpg
Yes... that’s me. No...I don’t have dirt on my face. If you look carefully at the picture of my REV side, you will notice I have this awful plug going all the way through my head that sticks out through my “tail.” The only upside to my plight is no one can ever say I am not worth a plugged nickel.

So how did this happen to me? I know. Most people guess I had a hole drilled through me to be put on a charm bracelet (more like harm bracelet considering what it would do to a coin). But my problems stem from an almost deaf, elderly gentleman who used me to pay for... but I am getting (ahem) ahead of myself.

The year was 1860, and I was only a few years old. I found out how truly strange the humans who made me could be. The man behind “The Incident,” Mr. Ima N. Olgeezer, was no exception. However, a little background is still needed to fully understand my story.

At some time in prior history, someone living somewhere thought it would be a good idea to spend all day in the hot sun picking weeds and leaves. Then they wasted another day sorting all of the brush and laying each piece of plant out in that same hot sun! Why do this, you ask? The humans wanted to see how long it would take for the sun to crumple and totally dehydrate the leaves.

After days of working at this plant-killing task, more manpower was spent in gathering the now-worthless plant material into small bundles, and these lunatics would...get this...try to reverse the entire dehydration process by trying to put the water back into the crumpled, dead, leaves/weeds! They thought by pouring boiling water on them, that everything would be put back to normal!

It gets worse. What did they do with all the dead, newly-made-soggy, leftover plant material they worked so hard to dry out? Why, they throw it away of course!

However, even this was not the end of their ridiculous ritual. The height of human insanity had not yet been reached! Do you know what the humans did with the now-tainted, discolored, waste-water the leaves failed to absorb? Well, naturally...they poured it down their throats! They called this weird ritual “making tea.”

This “making tea” habit had become all the rage. Soon though, people got tired of working in the hot sun during the first couple of steps and sought a way to skip to the rehydrate-the-leaves part of their lunacy.

One day a brilliant idea snuck up on a man named Calabacious Theodore Leeber (who went simply by Ted... can you blame him?). The brilliant idea explained to Ted that people would come from all over and trade him their valuable coinage if he would give them his excess dehydrated plant remains! Since silver for dead leaves seemed a pretty smart trade, Ted opened a store where he sold four different types of tea. Below is a picture of the actual bins where Ted kept his brand name of “Whole Leaf Tea” bundles.
Tea_bins.jpg
Ted priced the teas according to how exotic they were. Per small bundle, some whole tea leaves were 2 cents, some 3 cents, some were (equal to my value of) a half dime, and the rarest type of whole tea leaves were a dime per bundle (which you can see by looking at the prices at the bottom of the bins).

Now back to Mr. Olgeezer: One day Ima had a hankering to buy some whole tea leaves, grind them up (sometimes humans added this step since it seemed a fun thing to do), rehydrate them, and then throw them away.

Upon arriving at Ted’s store, Ima followed the required procedure. A customer was supposed to copy the name of the item they wanted onto an order slip, and then present the slip to Ted at the checkout counter. Before retrieving items on the list, Ted made it a habit to read each order slip out loud to the customer so no mistakes would be made.

Ima only wanted a bundle of whole tea leaves that day, so he filled out the small order and gave it to Ted. The following conversation took place (remember Ima was hard of hearing).

Ted: Howdy, Mr. Olgeezer. How are you today? I hope everything with you is fine!
Ima: What’s that, Sonny? Oh... time… time... yeah...uh...‘bout half pas’ noon.

Ted: No, Ima, I was saying I hope you are doing well.

Ima: Nope Ted, sorry, cain’t set a spell, ah needs tuh git home. If’n there be any tax on this, whadduh ah owes yuh?

Ted: Uh, yeah. OK, let’s check your order slip (reading the list out loud), whole leaf tea - half dime bundle.

Ima: What’s that? Speak up, Sonny!

Ted: I said, whole leaf tea
Ima: Holes in my teeth? No, I don’t think so... .

Ted: No. I was just reading what you wrote here.

Ima: Hear? Hear?! Yer right! I cain’t hear nuthin’ you be flappin’ yer gums about! Yell louder. Whuddah ah owes yuh, tax n’ all?
Ted: No tax, and you only ordered, oops, I mean...(stops, methodically lays the order on top of the counter where Ima can see it, points to each word and yells loudly)... WHOLE LEAF, C. TED LEEBER, TEA... HALF DIME
Ima: Well...if’n yuh says so. Git me a hammer ‘n’ small nail.

Ted: Um... (Ted decided it was easier to just give him the hammer and nail instead of trying to continue talking).
Ima: Dun weirder thangs ah guess...

Then it happened! Ima laid me on the counter, put the nail on my head and WHAM!

Ima: Here be thuh “HOLEY SEATED LIBERTY HALF DIME” yuh asked fer. Cain ah have muh tea now?

*sigh*

Oh...How did I get plugged up?

Well... mainly allergies.
Common grading company shortcomings & resulting co$tly mi$take$ to collectors (using Kennedy No FG halves):
https://tinyurl.com/y7rksxu8

How much squash would a sasquatch squash if a sasquatch would squash squash?

Marvic
Coin Wizz

#17 Unread post by Marvic »

For a second I thought I was on Facebook. :icon-eek: