Grading Mobile App - What would the community like to see?

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, POST IT HERE. Numismatic related posts only.

Moderator: Daniel

Forum rules
Here's a link to how to post a topic with images in our community https://coinauctionshelp.com/welcome-to ... community/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You also agree to follow these guidelines. You must agree to these rules to be a member of this forum. NO SPAM! Spam is deleted within minutes, no spam will ever be left in our community.

1. Post a front and back image of your coin with a specific question about what you’re seeing or asking about and one coin per topic.

2. Please remove coin from the holder unless it’s US or an official mint case or unless it is graded by a grading service.

3. Images should be taken by a camera or cell phone camera, we ask that members don’t use images through a microscope screen.

4. Always start your own topic, please don’t ask about your coin or post your coin in someone else’s coin topic.

5. Do not send private messages about your coin unless an Admin ask you too and the same for sending emails through the board.

6. No spam. Do not post any links to your coin or other non-coin websites.

7. Always be respectful even if something makes you upset or you don’t agree with a member. You can always get a second opinion elsewhere. If you have an issue then politely ask an admin in an PM. PM’s are for issues, technical and personal, but not for coin questions (refer to number 5 on this list). Our community is not a soap box for complaining or drama, so please refrain from doing so here.[/size]
musospuso
Coinasieur

Grading Mobile App - What would the community like to see?

#1 Unread post by musospuso »

Starting this thread so as not to mix topics which was starting to happen in my other "What actually are Full Steps" thread.

I work as a Cloud Enterprise Architect for my daily so as a n00b to the Numismatic game I naturally asked "isn't there an app for that?" when I started to learn more about TPGs and the apparent state of the hobby due to their machinations good, bad, or ugly depending on your perspective.

In that vein I am curious what the community would love to see in an app and maybe mention some helpful existing apps that maybe no one else knows about.

My wish list:
Grading app that would do so objectively, consistently, and without human subjectivity (or at least minimize it as much as possible). Bonus would be to generate an NFT and link you as the owner.

"Error/Variety/Key-Date hunter" app. You enter the coin you have (Lincoln cent, 1955, Denver, business strike, etc.) and it spits out every known error, variety, pop, value (aggregated from many sources) with superb example pictures to help.

Market App - This might even be add-on functionality to the above app but could be on its own too. Basically you enter the coins you're selling, the coins you're looking for, and it matches you directly to other interested parties including coin shops, ebay listings, etc. because there would be "individual" type accounts and "commercial" type accounts. But the best way would be the direct sale which it could have an escrow and reputation/social-proof feature to not deal with certain individuals same as Ebay or anywhere. Payment functionality would be built-in and turn key accepting crypto along with any other form of payment

Coin DB - just a plain database of all coins with public domain photos of every series, type, variety, grade, etc. I think PCGS has something like this I might need to check out but not sure it has all the features and of course it is proprietary.

Numismatic Social Network - Name kinda says it all but could also have a built-in attribution feature where coins attributions could be "crowdsourced". Maybe there could be a "bounty" feature or just be linked to the Market App above--they could very well be the same app I suppose. Maybe a glossary of terms feature and "learn Numismatics for beginners" type content as well. Could post "questions to the experts" and what not.

Known Apps:
None, lol. Eager to learn what's out there from y'all.

JTCC
Coin Guru

Re: Grading Mobile App - What would the community like to see?

#2 Unread post by JTCC »

Sounds like a great idea! But, there is a problem. There is just a INSANE amount of information. but still, good to know there is a person more on the tech side in the hobby! :) your suggestions sound great.
U.S. cent lover!

Earle42
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Grading Mobile App - What would the community like to see?

#3 Unread post by Earle42 »

I admit I would not have a use for the database and social aspect. Its just not me.
Common grading company shortcomings & resulting co$tly mi$take$ to collectors (using Kennedy No FG halves):
https://tinyurl.com/y7rksxu8

How much squash would a sasquatch squash if a sasquatch would squash squash?