Roundtable Authorized Dealers

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, POST IT HERE. Numismatic related posts only.

Moderator: Daniel

Forum rules
Here's a link to how to post a topic with images in our community https://coinauctionshelp.com/welcome-to ... community/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You also agree to follow these guidelines. You must agree to these rules to be a member of this forum. NO SPAM! Spam is deleted within minutes, no spam will ever be left in our community.

1. Post a front and back image of your coin with a specific question about what you’re seeing or asking about and one coin per topic.

2. Please remove coin from the holder unless it’s US or an official mint case or unless it is graded by a grading service.

3. Images should be taken by a camera or cell phone camera, we ask that members don’t use images through a microscope screen.

4. Always start your own topic, please don’t ask about your coin or post your coin in someone else’s coin topic.

5. Do not send private messages about your coin unless an Admin ask you too and the same for sending emails through the board.

6. No spam. Do not post any links to your coin or other non-coin websites.

7. Always be respectful even if something makes you upset or you don’t agree with a member. You can always get a second opinion elsewhere. If you have an issue then politely ask an admin in an PM. PM’s are for issues, technical and personal, but not for coin questions (refer to number 5 on this list). Our community is not a soap box for complaining or drama, so please refrain from doing so here.[/size]
DSCoins
Coin Guru

Roundtable Authorized Dealers

#1 Unread post by DSCoins »

Just a general question about Roundtable Authorized Dealers. Are they all trustworthy on Ebay or are they like everyone else selling on E-bay, buyer beware?
USN Retired Jun1977-Jun 1997/100% disabled VET. (Not a wounded warrior)
Member CONACA
ANA
PCGS
NGC
Finds to date
2000-P .05C Strong Clashed Die O/R PCGS # 14129072 photo at maddieclashes
1983-P DDR FS-01-1983-501
5 2000 WAM FS- 901

SensibleSal66
Coin Master

Re: Roundtable Authorized Dealers

#2 Unread post by SensibleSal66 »

I've been alerted to so many Fakes, aka counterfeit coins on Ebay that I'm leery about buying from anyone. I mean some sellers may not know they have a "fake" coin, but many are very aware especially when they list a 1955DDO that's off center ungraded for example. Even graded coins can be "fakes", not as common as "raw" but they exist. Smart tip, do your homework!! :)
Member of CONECA
" All replies are my opinion based on experience"
Casual Collector 40+ years , 10 years Error coins ( still learning).

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Unread post by Daniel »

I am a Roundtable dealer and I buy and sell to these dealers all over the country, most of them I find pleasant and trustworthy. Obviously you don't know the real mettle of a person when no one else is looking unless you experience how they are.

DSCoins
Coin Guru

#4 Unread post by DSCoins »

The only reason I asked this question is that I have noticed that some of them appear to have their coins (buy Now, certified) posted at much higher prices than a lot of other compatible coins on E-Bay.
Member CONACA
ANA
PCGS
NGC
Finds to date
5 2000 WAM FS- 901

Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

#5 Unread post by Daniel »

You can't compare what dealers are trying to sell coins for, you have to look at what they sold for or consider the fact the coin might be choice for the grade and worth more than the coins other dealers are selling.

Paul
Master Die Variety Examiner

#6 Unread post by Paul »

I don't believe this applies only to the "Roundtable Authorized Dealers".

This is where the phrase "Buy the Coin Not the Slab" came from.

Keep in mind that the slabs do not tell you the necessary information for choosing the choicest coins:

Is the strike evenly centered?
Was the die pressure ideal?
Are the details sharp and crisp?
What die state was this hit?
ETC. ........

If you've been at this as long as I have been, or if you have the time to search through sold archives......... you will find similar coins, graded all over the spectrum, again, the grade was just an opinion......... & I have seen higher AU coins sell for a larger $ amount than the lower graded MS coins.
C.O.N.E.C.A. Wi State Rep
Fly-In Club Wi State Rep

DSCoins
Coin Guru

#7 Unread post by DSCoins »

Just for the record I was looking at raw coins. It seemed in my opinion some of the raw coins were priced higher than 90% of non-Roundtable seller. But yes, I understand what you (Paul) and Daniel are saying. It has opened my eyes as to what you said about the overall shape of the coin etc. It is nice to have a place like this where these types of questions can be asked and then answered with unbiased opinions.
Member CONACA
ANA
PCGS
NGC
Finds to date
5 2000 WAM FS- 901

Paul

#8 Unread post by Paul »

It's also vitally important to look up the # of followers these sellers have. When bidding wars start, or even with the buy it now offer, things can get out-of-control real quick. There is a real sense of FOMO (fear of missing out) with most online shoppers. This will drive prices up also........ and of course I'm sure you're aware of the imaging that is used to hide all the defects.
C.O.N.E.C.A. Wi State Rep
Fly-In Club Wi State Rep